“Great introduction to Mexico”
Review of Turista Libre

Turista Libre
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Tijuana
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great introduction to Mexico”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was slightly hesitant that Derrik's tours might have been aimed more at the 30-somethings of this world - but speaking as 2 adventurous 50-something explorers we had a fantastic day.
We would have been utterly lost if we'd tried to do our own thing in Tijuana and would probably have ended up disappointed.
But Derrik introduced us to a fantastic variety of places and experiences and we can't recommend it highly enough.
I'll be recommending this to my son and his girlfriend when they are on their holidays in June.

Miles & Karolyn (UK)

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Miles S

NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“So fun...”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Really great and delicious tour of Tijuana food scene, from carts to trucks to breweries and sit down restaurants. Ate too much but very happy. Derrik knows everything in Tijuana and you would never find these particular places without him...also, touring around on a (chartered) local Mexican municipal bus is hilarious fun, with music and shots of tequila en route. You will be smiling. Of note, safety in the city seems quite good. And there are NO gringos around, which makes for an extra warm welcome from regular Tijaunense people.

1 Thank archive7
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tijuana Street Food - Ole!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Not your typical canned speeches, boring tour company. Derrick really knows Tijuana and his love of the city is conveyed genuinely. We took the "Street Food" tour, and it was awesome. Tacos, ceviche, tortas, ice cream, and a brewery stop. And to add to the fun, Derrick passed out libations (the good kind) on the bus throughout the trip. The tour felt spontaneous, like a group of friends bumping around Tijuana on an old school bus. Also a plus, all the stops were real local spots, not touristy restaurants. The food was delicious, I wish I could eat it everyday.
Bottom line: If you are looking for a real experience of Tijuana with a fun group and a fun guide, this is the tour to go with. Salud!

2 Thank TLi_11
San Diego
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Tijuana Art Tour”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We worked with Derrik of Turiste Libre to share 4 hours in Tijuana with us. We asked specifically to see art in TJ. Derrik provided us with a really wonderful overview of Cecut & El Cubo, the Tunnel, street art, the border fence and the paseos. We also had an incredible lunch at a local restaurant. It was a rally fabulous experience. This is my second time working with Derrik, the first was with a group of 45 - this time it was just 2 of us and it was an exceptional, unique and fabulous experience. When crossing back to the US, taking the $5 van is definitely worth it as it cuts the crossing time by more than 1/2.

2 Thank SanDiegodancer
Allentown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Perfect Tour of TJ”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I just got back from a week in San Diego and our best day out of this trip was booking Turista Libre/Derrik Chinn for a 6 hour tour through TJ. I was nervous about taking a tour through TJ and within seconds of meeting Derrik all fears were gone. We customize our own tour with Derrik on what we want to see and what he recommend to do for the day. Derrik was so nice and knowledgeable, answer all of my many questions. Hanging out with him felt like we were apart of the Mexican life style not a tourist. I can't say enough awesome things about touring with Derrik...bottom line if you want a safe, fun, knowledgeable, tour of Tijuana he's your man. I will definitely be back for another tour. Thanks again Derrik:)!

Visited February 2014