“nice hotel, no frills”
Review of Hotel Nelson

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tijuana
Hotel Nelson
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed 30 June 2011

a very nice hotel, great area, no luxury, great juke box in the bar, all 70 music, if thats your thing, have stayed many times, and will stay again, pg.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank kohlanta2

Reviewed 20 January 2011

I've stayed at the Hotel Nelson twice and will return. Nothing fancy, mind you, but clean, good beds and a great value. I liked it's central location next to the arch, it's lively music in the area and choice of restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank RickieW
Reviewed 25 September 2010

yes we stayed there for 1 night only,.
The Tijuana police were raided by the federal"s - federal police, and they took all thier guns away from them , like little spoiled children, they were not honest, responsible enough, to keep their weapons!
Probably a direct result of complaints of attempted killins,..

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank allnineyards
Reviewed 10 June 2009

The front desk clerk tried to shake me down for a $10 CASH "extra guest at night fee" - This was above and beyond the rate I paid for the hotel.I spoke with another friend who had the SAME problem with the desk clerk trying to shake him down. It is VERY dangerous, There are rats too. NASTY.

BEWARE OF THIS DUMP ! ! !

Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank SimonDeLao
Reviewed 28 November 2008

my hotel experince was pretty good i spotted the hotel from many others the taxi driver recommended this was only one that looked nice it is old but i had no problems i would stay there again in the near future.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Had not been there since March 2007. It was the same. Elevator is ancient. Street noise went on till after four in the morning. $51 for a room with two beds, shower and telephone. There is a $10 charge if you would like to bring a street guest to your room. Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 1 July 2007

Hotel Nelson is on the corner of Ave revolucion by the "arches".
I had stayed there before without any problem for a weekend, but on this stay, I let my guard down, and decided to trust the front desk with my papers including an envelope with $700 cash in it to be kept in the safe. Very Bad and unsafe idea, do not ever do this there. To make a long story short, the desk clerk tipped off the local policia for that corner, and this led to my returning to the hotel later that night, being handed my envelope from the safe, and led out the door, into a waiting van, and off to a deserted street corner by the waiting local starsky and hutch.
They took my things in a most obtuse manner. I've not been back to the city since, and I am not even sure they will post this , as Hotel Nelson is an advertiser to the website. If you are reading this , Trip advisor is to be applauded for thier honesty and fairness.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo