“Great Hotel, Friendly Staff”

Palacio Azteca Hotel
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Tijuana
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I've stayed at this place 4 times, and booked it twice thru tripadvisor's advertising clients (priceline and travelocity)... rooms are clean, air conditioning in rooms, free wifi, cable tv, private safe, and a very helpful and friendly staff.. i always book this place if i can get a good deal thru tripadvisor's advertisers... i like the location, i feel safe, and i recommend to everyone... regular rate at hotel is around $74 for a queen size bed, i feel is too much, but i've been able to get king size bed for under $55 with taxes and fees included online... that's a very good deal for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dirt_Mike
PalacioAzteca, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear guest, we appreciate your comments. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Bad service,bad service,bad service ,,,food was cold ,lady strated to serve us then did not care left us alone , no salsas until we asked ,the guy was a tiny bit better,but please avoid this place you almost have to scream for service ,it was only 3 tables with people..the cashier deserves another review ,I havenot seen evil in a while and this lady is pure evil ,watch your receipt as they will try to put the tip 10% on it ... not deserved but worst not asked .

.you have been warned!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anthonyirra1
PalacioAzteca, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear guest, we appreciate your comments and offer a sincere apology for the service we received, we are working on improving our processes to benefit our customers, we have taken up the matter directly to improve attitudes of our employees and we reiterate our policy not to charge gratuities to individual customers. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!

Travellers are raving about these Tijuana hotels

Reviewed 24 February 2013

My friends and I stayed a night at Palacio Azteca on a Saturday night, and I must thank their great service for making our stay comfortable. It was our first night ever in Mexico, and without their service, our stay in Tijuana would have not been as enjoyable.

The hotel is in a central location in Tijuana, and it has a very modern, sleek exterior. The lobby also mirrors its exterior, with a very modernized and clean look. The hotel also has a high-class restaurant inside, with the usual amenities one might find in a hotel such as a pool and a gym. For its price, I was thoroughly impressed.

However, the reason I give it four stars is that the our room was a bit outdated, and definitely wasn't the highlight of our experience. Mind you, the rooms were still quality, and I wasn't disgusted or grossed out by any aspect of it. But I was left disappointed when I saw that the room was more reminiscent of a Motel 6 room rather than one in a world-class hotel. Still, for it's price, it was decent.

I must mention that their service was top-notch; not only did they have to deal with our limited Spanish, but took care of our transportation and made reservations for us. It may not seem much, but for a group of people in a foreign land for the first time with limited communication skills, it was a huge deal.

Great stay, great value, and great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SJN1788
Dear friends, we are very grateful to share their experience and we have chosen to spend their first night in Mexico, hope that you return often and continue to give witness that Tijuana is a great city to visit. We share that we are about to start a renovation of our rooms with what we earn that point surely now we lacked. Thanks again and I hope very soon. Greetings!
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Very easy check-in. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Rooms were very clean and made up in a timely fashion. The price was very fair and competitive. Free shuttle service around town, to the border or airport. Room service with good prices. Full service restaurant and bar on premises.

This was my second stay at this hotel and I will go back when I go to Tijuana.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cabopapa
Chula Vista, California, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We had the most enjoyable New Years celebration at this hotel. Since we normally stay home over the New Years and celebrate at home, this year we decided to go out and enjoy the passing of the old year into the new. We didn't want to be driving afterwards nor have friends and family do it either. So for $125 total each, we had a very nice room, dinner, all night celebration including 3 different live bands, dancing, all you could eat and drink (yes, beer and liquor) then the next morning an outstanding buffet breakfast. We were able to take our grandchildren as well at no extra cost and they had a free playroom and ninera. Checked in at 1pm and the free valet parking took care of my expensive car, so I didn't have to worry about that. We were able to check out on New Years day at 1pm as well, so were not rushed at all.
All in all it was a great experience at a great hotel and wonderful, helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jmnotary
Orange County, California
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed here overnight while my wife had cosmetic surgery. Better than expected. Comparable to a Holiday Inn.

What was good:
Free valet parking
Pharmacy and convenience store across the street
Close to major business district with museums and medical centers
Nice lobby
Internal corridors
Safe environment, good door locks
Great satellite TV
Good hot shower with good pressure

Could be improved:
Staff didn't speak any English
Noisy; some road noise and some loud people in nearby rooms
Beds very firm

All in all, a very good value. I paid $70 for an upgraded room. My priority was to find a safe, clean, comfortable room. If you don't mind some loose fixtures and occasional peeling paint, this is a fine place to stay.

Room Tip: I think the $70 rooms are more spacious and have nicer fixtures.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I was here to spend a quick night in Tijuana before I went to a family's house the next day, the lobby was nicely put together and beautiful. I thought it would be a nice stay. But then I was escorted went to my floor which was HORRIBLE. First of all, when we got up to our room floor, the entire floor smelled like someone had been smoking weed there for the past 2 weeks. My room was nice and tidy though and didn't share the same smell as the rest of the hotel floor so off to bed I went. At around 3 am I heard a couple who couldn't quite keep it down upstairs. I mean the walls are definitely NOT sounds proof. A complete DUMP!

• Stayed August 2012