“I enjoyed this hotel.”

Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Tijuana
Anaheim, California
“I enjoyed this hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed here while a family member had eye surgery. I went grocery shopping in the afternoon so I would not have to leave at night after my family member was done with her surgery. As I walked up to my room with the groceries a man walking with housekeeping stopped us. He asked if we wanted a fridge brought up too our room for the groceries. I said yes thank you! He could have easily smiled and kept walking. He took the time to ask and then carry the mini-fridge from the elevator to our room. I thought this was AWESOME, great customer service. When I first saw the room I wished it had a mini-fridge and coffee maker. The only thing missing was the coffee maker. I should have asked for one maybe? I didn’t get to enjoy the pool, but it looked nice. The taxis were ready available. I had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank stephaniieeee
PalacioAzteca, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear guest, we appreciate your comments. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
the Green Mountain State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

When I reached the room with my key/card, it hadn't been activated, so I had to go all the way back downstairs --toting my suitcase-- to get it to work. Not a great start. The room, bedding, and bath were sparkling clean and the place is bright, modern and pleasant, with some nice views. It had an ironing board and a safe, and the place does offer a restaurant and some room room service (and no ice or soda machines of course). In my particular room, the remote battery ran out within half an hour of TV watching, and I when set my alarm, the clock stubbornly at 12:00. I did appreciate the fact that when I asked if they would refund my the money I had paid in advance for the second day, thet were willing and professional. .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest, we appreciate your comments. We offer an apology for the inconvenience, we are working on improving our processes benefits of our guests and serve your kind suggestions. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I've stayed at this place 4 times, and booked it twice thru tripadvisor's advertising clients (priceline and travelocity)... rooms are clean, air conditioning in rooms, free wifi, cable tv, private safe, and a very helpful and friendly staff.. i always book this place if i can get a good deal thru tripadvisor's advertisers... i like the location, i feel safe, and i recommend to everyone... regular rate at hotel is around $74 for a queen size bed, i feel is too much, but i've been able to get king size bed for under $55 with taxes and fees included online... that's a very good deal for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dirt_Mike
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Bad service,bad service,bad service ,,,food was cold ,lady strated to serve us then did not care left us alone , no salsas until we asked ,the guy was a tiny bit better,but please avoid this place you almost have to scream for service ,it was only 3 tables with people..the cashier deserves another review ,I havenot seen evil in a while and this lady is pure evil ,watch your receipt as they will try to put the tip 10% on it ... not deserved but worst not asked .

.you have been warned!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anthonyirra1
PalacioAzteca, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear guest, we appreciate your comments and offer a sincere apology for the service we received, we are working on improving our processes to benefit our customers, we have taken up the matter directly to improve attitudes of our employees and we reiterate our policy not to charge gratuities to individual customers. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

My friends and I stayed a night at Palacio Azteca on a Saturday night, and I must thank their great service for making our stay comfortable. It was our first night ever in Mexico, and without their service, our stay in Tijuana would have not been as enjoyable.

The hotel is in a central location in Tijuana, and it has a very modern, sleek exterior. The lobby also mirrors its exterior, with a very modernized and clean look. The hotel also has a high-class restaurant inside, with the usual amenities one might find in a hotel such as a pool and a gym. For its price, I was thoroughly impressed.

However, the reason I give it four stars is that the our room was a bit outdated, and definitely wasn't the highlight of our experience. Mind you, the rooms were still quality, and I wasn't disgusted or grossed out by any aspect of it. But I was left disappointed when I saw that the room was more reminiscent of a Motel 6 room rather than one in a world-class hotel. Still, for it's price, it was decent.

I must mention that their service was top-notch; not only did they have to deal with our limited Spanish, but took care of our transportation and made reservations for us. It may not seem much, but for a group of people in a foreign land for the first time with limited communication skills, it was a huge deal.

Great stay, great value, and great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SJN1788
Dear friends, we are very grateful to share their experience and we have chosen to spend their first night in Mexico, hope that you return often and continue to give witness that Tijuana is a great city to visit. We share that we are about to start a renovation of our rooms with what we earn that point surely now we lacked. Thanks again and I hope very soon. Greetings!
Fountain Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Very easy check-in. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Rooms were very clean and made up in a timely fashion. The price was very fair and competitive. Free shuttle service around town, to the border or airport. Room service with good prices. Full service restaurant and bar on premises.

This was my second stay at this hotel and I will go back when I go to Tijuana.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cabopapa
Chula Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

We had the most enjoyable New Years celebration at this hotel. Since we normally stay home over the New Years and celebrate at home, this year we decided to go out and enjoy the passing of the old year into the new. We didn't want to be driving afterwards nor have friends and family do it either. So for $125 total each, we had a very nice room, dinner, all night celebration including 3 different live bands, dancing, all you could eat and drink (yes, beer and liquor) then the next morning an outstanding buffet breakfast. We were able to take our grandchildren as well at no extra cost and they had a free playroom and ninera. Checked in at 1pm and the free valet parking took care of my expensive car, so I didn't have to worry about that. We were able to check out on New Years day at 1pm as well, so were not rushed at all.
All in all it was a great experience at a great hotel and wonderful, helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family