Palacio Azteca Hotel
US$60
US$58
US$37
US$25
All reviewsrosarito beachspoke good englishcalled the front deskwould stay here againan upgradebuffet breakfastflat screenroom servicebordertaxiswifidentist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Located in a good residential area. The price it's just right for a decent room, clean and good equipped with iron, iron board, flat screen TV, and safe. Despite that the hotel does the best to isolate the noise from the street with double glass windows, expect some noise from the car racing the adjacent streets. Overall this property is underrated. Some people just forget that despite being less than 2 miles from the States, they are in another country with a different culture.

Room Tip: Ask for the east side (odd numbers) rooms. Since the west side rooms face a uphill street the noise of the cars is annoying.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank gonzalg2
PalacioAzteca, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear guest, we appreciate your comments. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed here while a family member had eye surgery. I went grocery shopping in the afternoon so I would not have to leave at night after my family member was done with her surgery. As I walked up to my room with the groceries a man walking with housekeeping stopped us. He asked if we wanted a fridge brought up too our room for the groceries. I said yes thank you! He could have easily smiled and kept walking. He took the time to ask and then carry the mini-fridge from the elevator to our room. I thought this was AWESOME, great customer service. When I first saw the room I wished it had a mini-fridge and coffee maker. The only thing missing was the coffee maker. I should have asked for one maybe? I didn’t get to enjoy the pool, but it looked nice. The taxis were ready available. I had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stephaniieeee

Reviewed 23 May 2013

When I reached the room with my key/card, it hadn't been activated, so I had to go all the way back downstairs --toting my suitcase-- to get it to work. Not a great start. The room, bedding, and bath were sparkling clean and the place is bright, modern and pleasant, with some nice views. It had an ironing board and a safe, and the place does offer a restaurant and some room room service (and no ice or soda machines of course). In my particular room, the remote battery ran out within half an hour of TV watching, and I when set my alarm, the clock stubbornly at 12:00. I did appreciate the fact that when I asked if they would refund my the money I had paid in advance for the second day, thet were willing and professional. .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear guest, we appreciate your comments. We offer an apology for the inconvenience, we are working on improving our processes benefits of our guests and serve your kind suggestions. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I've stayed at this place 4 times, and booked it twice thru tripadvisor's advertising clients (priceline and travelocity)... rooms are clean, air conditioning in rooms, free wifi, cable tv, private safe, and a very helpful and friendly staff.. i always book this place if i can get a good deal thru tripadvisor's advertisers... i like the location, i feel safe, and i recommend to everyone... regular rate at hotel is around $74 for a queen size bed, i feel is too much, but i've been able to get king size bed for under $55 with taxes and fees included online... that's a very good deal for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dirt_Mike

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Bad service,bad service,bad service ,,,food was cold ,lady strated to serve us then did not care left us alone , no salsas until we asked ,the guy was a tiny bit better,but please avoid this place you almost have to scream for service ,it was only 3 tables with people..the cashier deserves another review ,I havenot seen evil in a while and this lady is pure evil ,watch your receipt as they will try to put the tip 10% on it ... not deserved but worst not asked .

.you have been warned!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank anthonyirra1
PalacioAzteca, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear guest, we appreciate your comments and offer a sincere apology for the service we received, we are working on improving our processes to benefit our customers, we have taken up the matter directly to improve attitudes of our employees and we reiterate our policy not to charge gratuities to individual customers. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!