“Nice hotel but no one speaks English”

Palacio Azteca Hotel
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel is nice the rooms are clean, but after being there for almost 2 weeks and asking several times for someone to fix the tub since the plug did not work , I gave up asking I had to use a face cloth to keep the water in the tub full. The front desk staff does not speak any English as well as no in the bar or in the dinning room , how can you run a hotel with no one speaking English.?

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher level so you get a nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
PalacioAzteca, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your opinion, we are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our services. Our Management staff is always available to assist our customers, also at our Front Desk, Restaurant and Bar we are combining personnel that are bilingual and can properly attend English Speakers. Rest assured that we take utmost care about quality of our services and will continue to improve. In hope to accommodate you again in your future visit to Tijuana, I remain sincerely.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here for two nights. Clean and spacious room with nice view of Tijuana. Very close by Avenida Revolucion. Great inexpensive Mexican places to eat are around this hotel. Staff was very friendly. Shuttle bus dropped us off right by the border.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shivanie13
PalacioAzteca, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest
We at Hotel Palacio Azteca value our customers and appreciate your comments. We are most content that we provided a memorable stay with us, and we are looking forward to seeing you soon in one of your future visits to Tijuana.
Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is a nice clean hotel in Tijuana, rooms where modest and the value was good. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Did not use the hotel restaurant but it looked busy. I walked to Revolution Blvd from hotel. Not to far.

Room Tip: Good cab at street entry of hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
PalacioAzteca, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear guest, we appreciate your comments. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you. Greetings!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Located in a good residential area. The price it's just right for a decent room, clean and good equipped with iron, iron board, flat screen TV, and safe. Despite that the hotel does the best to isolate the noise from the street with double glass windows, expect some noise from the car racing the adjacent streets. Overall this property is underrated. Some people just forget that despite being less than 2 miles from the States, they are in another country with a different culture.

Room Tip: Ask for the east side (odd numbers) rooms. Since the west side rooms face a uphill street the noise...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank gonzalg2

Dear guest, we appreciate your comments. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed here while a family member had eye surgery. I went grocery shopping in the afternoon so I would not have to leave at night after my family member was done with her surgery. As I walked up to my room with the groceries a man walking with housekeeping stopped us. He asked if we wanted a fridge brought up too our room for the groceries. I said yes thank you! He could have easily smiled and kept walking. He took the time to ask and then carry the mini-fridge from the elevator to our room. I thought this was AWESOME, great customer service. When I first saw the room I wished it had a mini-fridge and coffee maker. The only thing missing was the coffee maker. I should have asked for one maybe? I didn’t get to enjoy the pool, but it looked nice. The taxis were ready available. I had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stephaniieeee

Reviewed 23 May 2013

When I reached the room with my key/card, it hadn't been activated, so I had to go all the way back downstairs --toting my suitcase-- to get it to work. Not a great start. The room, bedding, and bath were sparkling clean and the place is bright, modern and pleasant, with some nice views. It had an ironing board and a safe, and the place does offer a restaurant and some room room service (and no ice or soda machines of course). In my particular room, the remote battery ran out within half an hour of TV watching, and I when set my alarm, the clock stubbornly at 12:00. I did appreciate the fact that when I asked if they would refund my the money I had paid in advance for the second day, thet were willing and professional. .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear guest, we appreciate your comments. We offer an apology for the inconvenience, we are working on improving our processes benefits of our guests and serve your kind suggestions. We hope to soon have the opportunity to serve you again. Greetings!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I've stayed at this place 4 times, and booked it twice thru tripadvisor's advertising clients (priceline and travelocity)... rooms are clean, air conditioning in rooms, free wifi, cable tv, private safe, and a very helpful and friendly staff.. i always book this place if i can get a good deal thru tripadvisor's advertisers... i like the location, i feel safe, and i recommend to everyone... regular rate at hotel is around $74 for a queen size bed, i feel is too much, but i've been able to get king size bed for under $55 with taxes and fees included online... that's a very good deal for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple