“Stunning, stunning, stunning!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Los Colibris Casitas
Vancouver, Canada
“Stunning, stunning, stunning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

My boyfriend and I and another couple were delighted when we drove down the dirt road and up to Los Colibris! It was clean, beautifully landscaped, and the view to the estuary was amazing. It was very exotic watching the birds swoop down and soar above....take a bird book! I took my dog and upon arrival found out that the hosts Bryan and Sergio actually rescue strays. The dogs were lovely and welcoming and my basset hound was instantly part of the pack. I cannot wait to return and I highly recommend this for an uber relaxing, romantic and beautiful retreat.
Lisa and Scott

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

Our 2010 stay at Los Colibris was only exceeded by our 2011 stay. We love this place and can't wait until we go back later this year and again in 2012! Our hosts are also owners of Todos Santos Eco Adventures so every facet of our stay was either expertly guided and/or their recommendations for lunch, dinners, beach walks, hikes, historical tours and adventures were amazing. Sergio is one of the best interpretive guides in the history of guides and they know just the spots for authentic Baja cuisine!

• Stayed March 2011
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

When I woke up yesterday, I thought I was still in Todos Santos in the "Casa Colina". Tears of joy and memories of such a beautiful town, with all the special people there, and OH THE ART, and ARTISTS! The wonderful walks we had on the long stretch of white sand, and the whales of plenty...peeking up in pairs saying a " Whale Hello" I love singing to them, and the ocean. Your Hospitality was wonderful, I wish we had time to schedule an Eco Adventure with Sergio. I see this as a very strong possibility in June! Bryan, I love your energy! WOW! Your husband Sergio is very sweet. A beautiful pair!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank CheriEmpanada
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

It has been a long time since I had the capability of enjoying nature, local flavor, sophisticated dining in one place. Los Colibris casitas sets the place, mood and environment to do it all. For once, the location of the clean tidy, beautiful casitas is outstanding, The view of the oasis as well as the ocean is from a norhtwesterly facing hill offering mouthwatering sunsets. The multiple courtyards and patios give you a great opportunitiy to find your spot and relax.
The evening or morning lends itself to a nice walk across the arroyo and to the beach. With a pair of binoculars one can easily count 15 different species of birds in the oasis! The whales were playing literally 5 yards fro the beach! They were spy hopping, cruising, jumping. And there were a lot of them.
Our host and hostess were also great in guiding us through spectacular cliffs with mesmerizing views. Sergio had a great knowledge of the entire ecosystem and was very informative.
To top it all off, we were recommmended a couple of top notch restaurants in town. The places, which I love, small with personal service and delicious food.
People were very friendly and the town has a quaint feeling. One feels good walking along the streets of this historical magical town. We had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Invermere, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

Sergio and Bryan (owners of Los Colibris and Todos Santos Eco Tours) are the most meticulous hosts and were truly considerate of our every need. The casitas are beautiful and comfortable. The best part is the location. We were awed by the desert and mountain views behind us and the ocean views in front of us. So quiet, and surrounded by amazing wildlife viewing opportunities. We hiked and kayaked with their guides and had a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

Los Colibris was recommended by a friend when I was trying to find the closest, most easily accessible, non-touristy, authentic Mexican destination for a Christmas week get-away. She had been there before and sold me on it immediately. We were not disappointed!
The place is a series of 3-4 modern casitas built on a ridge overlooking a freshwater lagoon and miles of a pristine (and relatively) private beach. Just check out their website (www.loscolibris.com) and you'll see. Owned by an American ex-pat (Bryan) and her Mexican husband (Sergio) they run the place seamlessly. Sergio also runs Todos Santos Eco Adventures (www.tosea.net) which offers all types of activities if you choose to partake. (I read three books instead!) If you're a Facebook junky, you can become a fan of Todos Santos Eco Adventures and get an idea of what's in store. They post great photos of life there.
Todos Santos--a 5 minute drive into town--is a very clean, relaxed and totally safe place. Not really too much to do other than eat. And I must say, the food there is incredible. Besides the hole-in-wall Mexican food places, there are 8 or 10 wonderful fusion restaurants that even the most picky foodies would appreciate. At first I avoided them, opting for real "Mexican" food. That's what I was there for. But then once I broke down and tried them out I was blown away. Bryan has compiled a list of what's available and you should try them all!!!
This is an excellent place for groups, as well as couples and families. We were a group of three, but can easily imagine returning and renting the entire complex with all four casitas with a group of friends or family.
I must tell you my favorite thing tho. The house dogs--the cleanest, healthiest dogs I've ever seen in Mexico. Sleeping in the sun until called upon to entertain or visit, they're there if and when you want them. I particularly miss Julieta!
I'll be back!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank BudKuss
edom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

I found Los Colobris on the internet. Never having stayed on the Pacific side of Baha, I was attracted by the prospect of a quiet place near great restaurants to take my daughter and her new husband for some family bonding as opposed to the hustle and bustle of Cabo.. Los Colobris fulfilled all our expectations.
The rooms were very comfortable with each couple having privacy but near enough to each other for frequent gatherings. We had our own separate kitchen, internet and media room and the views and service were fantastic. The finest service imaginable.deserves special mention. From arranfing transportation to answering our food selection questions, to providing anything we needed, Sergio and Bryan were the perfect hosts.
Perched high on a hill overlooking its infinity pool, fresh water lagoon, beach and the blue Pacific, Los Colobris with its namesake hummingbirds everywhere is a very special place to which we will return again and again.
BB