Hotel California
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Todos Santos
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stopped at the Hotel California during a tour of Todos Santos with Land's End Tours. The town of Todos Santos was a fun place to visit with many unique boutique hotels, art galleries, and shops, and an old mission church built by the Catholics. Although we didn't stay at the Hotel California, we did stop in for appetizers and margaritas. The taco platter was delicious with freshly prepared shrimp, chicken and beef tacos. The margaritas were also good. I wish we'd had time for a dinner because the food was excellent. If I had the opportunity I would like to stay here sometime because it seemed like a very cool place and again the restaurant served great food.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samscholes

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Spent the day at the Hotel California, a group of us took a long bus ride out to it early morning and stayed until sunset. The owner herself came out to welcome us, introduced some of the staff to us. Throughout the day we were checked on frequently, and she even offered us a room to use for some of the ladies to get changed into our clubwear after a long day, no charge! Staff was friendly, hotel and restaurant were very clean. If your looking for a clean, quiet, friendly place to vacation and relax, stop on by the Hotel California! The decor is definitely a sight to be seen in the bar/restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank aRoseShannon
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Didn’t stay at the hotel California but we rented a taxi from San José del cabo and 12 of us made a day trip to Totos Santos to see Hotel California. What’s funny is we didn't even eat there even though we took the 1.5+ hr drive to get there, we eat some ware else that was horrible... but that's a different story. Anyway not that much to see or do in totos Santos and the Hotel California is just a hotel with 11 rooms, a restaurant and a Bazaar.

On the way back from Totos Santos about 15 KM north of Cabo was the most beautiful beach off the road on the pacific side. It was a dirt road but is amazing. You could see the Wales in the sunset the waves crashing, the most majestic beach in Mexico that I saw. If your into that kind of think I would defiantly say if you’re in the neighbor and have a rented car or taxi to seek it out…. Your will know it when you find it.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kris h
Reviewed 24 January 2013

SERVICE WAS FINE, ATMOSPHERE WAS GREAT, BE PREPARED TO HEAR THE EAGLES, ESPECIALLY THE TITLE SONG, ENDLESSLY AS YOU ORDER, WAIT FOR FOOD, AND EAT. The food was not remarkable enough to attract us for a return visit, especially at these prices. An iconic location, worth visiting so you can say you've been there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheLifeguard
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I had reached the point of sheer exhaustion from the 24/7 daily chore of caring for an elderly mom. When my sister emailed and said she was coming for a visit and was going to treat me to a mini vacation from mom I was elated.. I tried locating a place with two double beds in one room and could find none, until I found Hotel California. They were great, and not only did they go out of their way to find us a woman masseuse but the clerk on his day off helped me find a property I had purchased 20 years ago and I was trying to relocate it and couldn`t find. I would say that is above and beyond the call of duty! The beds by the way were great. The service extraordinaire. I wish my sis would treat me again!

Room Tip: By asking you will find the road to Rome, is a Mexican saying. The staff is accommodating and will f...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ramoncha
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I’ve been lucky to stay at the Hotel California during the Todos Santos Music Festival in both 2012 and 2013. Todos Santos is a charming town where you can enjoy beautiful scenery, visit art galleries, and eat at a nice variety of restaurants and street food places.

The hotel really is beautiful, with bold colors and unique art and furniture. The pool area, balconies, and cozy common areas are lit with candles at night. The staff are all so kind, fun, and helpful; they go out of the way to make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Every room is different, so reading the descriptions on the hotel's website is a good idea.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank EmilyFromMN
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We did not stay at the hotel but looked at rooms and if not in cabo we would have stay in this town. todos is quaint and worth the stay. We visited the art galleries which were very unique. I would put these artists up there with the best.

Stay at the hotel and visit all the area that inspired the local artists. We visit one beach off hwy 1 mile marker 57, as soon as the road turns to four lanes heading south. It is a dirt road best if you have high clearance, we had a compact. Drive as far as you can then walk to paradise. Private beach with plenty of palm trees. Plan to spend the day. No facilities.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple