“Peaceful, beautiful, all around excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel California

Hotel California
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Todos Santos
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I do not know where to begin. Hotel California took our breaths away. The decoration is so cool an eclectic, a mix of traditional Mexican with the flare of local and national art mixed in. There are so many small details that make this hotel a delight, such as the small private patio off of our room (room 1), the wooden shutters that open inside the room, the bright, welcoming colors not only of our room but the whole hotel, and the art: sculptures, paintings, metalwork, and the like.
The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is outstanding. The drinks are delicious (my husband loved the Hibiscus Margarita and I opted for a virgin mojito that tasted nothing short of the real thing). The ambiance is peaceful and romantic, though we saw families there who were enjoying it as well.
The pool felt like an oasis, surrounded by palm trees, flowers, and beautiful potted plants in beautiful flower pots. The water was a perfect temperature. I never warned to leave the pool.
This hotel goes above and beyond the folklore of the Eagles song, and if that is the main draw to get you to the hotel then that's great because you will not regret the visit!
My husband and I live in Cabo and we will now be visiting at least once a month. The place has an incredible energy and a peacefulness to it that makes you want to stay forever. We are counting the days until we can return.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a king sized bed and a patio
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexandraKDG

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This was my 5th trip to Hotel Cal. We absolutely love this place it's magical. We try and go to cabo once a yr and always make the trip up to hotel cal. From the margaritas to the land & sea quesadilla or what ever else you order it's alway spot on! Thank you Debbie for always making it a great time! See ya next year

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Byronjacks77
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Being huge Eagles fans, my friends and I wanted to see the hotel referred to in the famous Eagles song by the same name. We had a drink in the bar (great margaritas, by the way), shopped in the gift shop, and took some pictures. It's a funky hotel, great colors, very "Mexican" looking in the way you would imagine a truly Mexican hotel would look. I'd like to stay the night there sometime. I love that they showcase local artists in what's up on the walls. Some cool pieces.

We were staying in San Jose del Cabo, so it really was a nearly 2-hour drive to get to Todos Santos. Worth it, though.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Marie J
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Walked in after 2 days, beautiful 1000 mile drive, down Baja, on way to a week in Cabo. Layout and atmosphere warm and friendly. Room unique and colorful. Staff ready to serve. Had the Chicken Mole (with 27 spices). So good, after week in Cabo, came back for seconds. I will stay there every time when visiting the region. Gave my family a free $44 breakfast because of a minor problem with a faucet handle. It was no bother and we did not even ask for anything. Ask for Hugo or Edwin to wait on you and tell them Charles sent you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles C
Reviewed 17 June 2014

You need to be prepared to go somewhat back in time as the rooms do not cater to those hooked on technology (no elevators either even though it is only 2 stories). This hotel is quaint, rooms are small but very, very pleasant. We had a standard room with a queen bed. The junior suites are very nice (our friends stayed in one)! I found the pool to be great, the resturant to be outstanding (we ate breakfast and lunch there), service is great and very friendly people wanting to help. Totos Santos is a small town and caters to tourists looking for local art or a place to disconnect. When in Mexico - this will definitly be on the list to visit and stay again! No spa or fitness center - but if that is important just go for a walk!

Room Tip: I recommend a junior suite - our friends had one and I preferred it over the standard room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linnea O
Reviewed 14 June 2014

and it's cool that you're at Hotel California. I didn't realize how loud the room would be when I booked it. It's on the main thoroughfare through town, so some noise was expected. The room provided no insulation from the noise though. Other than that, I was happy. Bed was comfy, shower was hot and water pressure was good. Oh, and we were fine with no TV in the room, but some may not be.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank junipermine
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We ate here last week when we visited Todos Santos while in Cabo.
I ordered the "Legendary" Chicken Mole . Not so "legendary ! I considered sending it back . Chicken was very salty and the mole sauce was not very good .
The Hotel itself was pretty funky and worth stopping by for a drink if in Cabo. I had the Pink Champagne on Ice and my husband had a mango mojito which was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple