“Old Mexico charm in an arts and crafts town”
Review of Todos Santos Inn

Todos Santos Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Todos Santos
“Old Mexico charm in an arts and crafts town”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Four days here in April weren't nearly enough. The Inn, built in the mid-19th century by a local grandee (and Mexican freedom fighter) is reminiscent I'm sure of the original residence: high beamed ceilings, spacious and well-appointed rooms filled with traditional Mexican furnishings, an interior arcade made for comfortable relaxing, a "hidden" garden area surrounding a small pool, charming little restaurant and bar and patio dining area (breakfast is included in the room price).
Most of all, it's the details and the fidelity to tradition which impressed me most... And the warmth of the hotel staff.... And the afternoons passed reading and bathing in the garden pool. And a small European-style restaurant where I ate and ate....
Todos Santos is often a "day trip...and night" for visitors and tourists. It is scattered with galleries, many of which show surprisingly-accomplished artists; it put me in mind of what the feeling of the mid-coast and northern California art communities would have been years ago.
It- and the Inn- are very much more deserving of longer than a day trip.

Room Tip: Because of the high and wide exterior walls of the inn, and it's "off-Main-Street" loc...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank jamesgoodridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2012

...the best margaritas in Baja - well, anywhere really. Not according to just me, but Travel + Liesure as well. My wife and I got married in Todos Santos and had our rehearsal dinner here. They did a very good job.

We picked Todos Santos in the first place because of our first visit there we both fell in love with it. On that first visit we stayed at the Todos Santos Inn. It was a lovely, quiet, and very hands off experience. The staff here is friendly, but there is really only one person working at any given time.

The only reason I give it four stars is because hotel wise the hotel across the street, Hotel Guaycura set my hotel bar for Todos Santos.

Room Tip: There are 3-4 rooms along the road, on the south side of the building - don't stay stay in these...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott S
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Honestly, I don't know how this place could have been better. I wanted to relax, stay in a quality, clean, and tranquil hotel, and just enjoy some solitude for a few days. I got one of the cheaper rooms, and thought it was great value. The staff are super-friendly and helpful (they gave me a bunch of good tips on local places to go), the breakfast is very good, and the location is a big plus (it's near the art galleries if you care about that, and right by a bunch of restaurants).

I'll be coming back within a year. Great place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank David P
Colorado
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Have been to Todos Santos many times. This hotel is charming and located downtown. Superior to Hotel California in my opinion. Nice breakfast included. Very cool bar!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Wow! What an amazing place! We took the short drive from Cabo up to Todos Santos and were very impressed with the town and the Inn. We were greeted by Pepe at check in and he showed us the beautiful property. We were actually the only ones staying that night and they still took awesome care of us. Our room was comfortable and complete with plush bedding and robes. We sat up and listened to the fountain outside our room and looked at the stars. Very wonderful and romantic. Breakfast the next morning was great as well. We will be back! Love this place!

Room Tip: For extra privacy upgrade to the junior suite .
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WJB1980
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My brother and I, both in our early 60’s, stayed at the Todos Santos Inn in Todos Santos, Baja California Sur, in April 2012 for one night. We had rented a car at the Cabo airport and were on our way via Todos Santos (because it is a picturesque small town on the Pacific side of the Baja peninsula) to La Paz, where we had lived for three years as children.

I had visited Todos Santos before, but my brother had not traveled in southern Baja since we had lived there eons ago. I always had stayed at the famed Hotel California, but this time decided to take a chance on something different. I found the T.S. Inn on Google, and it seemed like a pleasant alternative. It is historic-- a brick mansion built in the late 1800’s by a sugar cane baron. Now, converted into a small hotel with rooms and suites, it is a charming hideaway with lush gardens, shaded courtyards, and a small pool.

We were greeted by a young American man, who showed us around in a leisurely manner. We saw a couple sitting down by the pool, reading, and a woman on the upper patio—also reading. Our spacious junior suite (we were upgraded for free) had two double beds dressed in white and draped with mosquito nets. (The beds proved quite comfortable, the linens were high quality, and there were no mosquitos.) The other furnishings were antique—very solid wood: an armoire, a table/desk, night stands. There was also a comfy leather sofa. Drinking water in a decanter was provided. There was a ceiling fan as well as an air conditioner (we needed neither as a cool breeze blew in through the window from the sea). The floors were nicely polished Mexican tile. It was a very appealing room.

The spotless bathroom offered a large bath tub as well as a separate tiled shower. The water pressure and temperature were both excellent. Plenty of luxurious towels were provided, and European toiletries sat above the sink.

The Inn is located adjacent to a small restaurant, Londi’s, and breakfast is served there—included in the price of the night’s stay. In addition, coffee and tea are served on the main patio throughout the morning.For breakfast, I sat in the patio surrounded by bougainvilla, and ordered huevos rancheros, which were quite satisfying. (One of the other guests told me that she and husband had dined there three times and were so pleased with the menu and cuisine that they had not ventured to the other nearby restaurants.)

Our brief stay was enjoyable and inexpensive--$125 for both of us.
The Inn is only two blocks from the main road through town—just far enough to ensure quiet and close enough for an evening stroll. If I return to Todos Santos, I will return to the Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank EliseM552
Sebastopol, CA
Reviewed 16 April 2012

What a beautiful hotel! The staff and the owner were so kind and helpful. It was very clean and maintained beautifully. Nice pool, fabulous garden. Yummy breakfast. Historic--a real architectural gem.

Room Tip: We loved #3, a suite.
Stayed April 2012, travelled with family