“Awesome experience”

Guaycura Boutique Hotel Beach Club & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Todos Santos
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Hello fellow Baja Travelers,
I have to tell you about one of the best hotel experiences I have had, not just in Baja, but anywhere in my travels, and it was the Hotel Guaycura. My wife and I are teachers and spend the summer months in Baja surfing and relaxing. About halfway through the summer, we felt the need for a vacation from our vacation, and decided to head south to explore Todos Santos, a place neither of us had ever been. Having not done any research before we left, we happened to walk in the front door of the Hotel Guaycura one afternoon and met Carlos the hotel manager. He was super friendly, and should us around the hotel property, and showed us the variety of rooms that were available. We were instantly won over by the friendly staff and colonial-style charm of the hotel and booked 2 nights.
The room that we stayed in was very luxuriously accommodated with a large king-size 4-poster bed. It had a large flat screen TV, and a nice little private outside patio that had a view of the palm groves and the hotel restaurant. The bathroom was gorgeous with a huge copper basin-style tub, that easily accommodated two people. Everything was crisp and clean and we both felt like we could have stayed in the room forever. But the amazing roof-top pool was calling our name, and we spent the majority of the daytime lounging on the roof deck and floating endlessly. From the roof, you have an almost 360 degree view of the center of town, and the mango and palm orchards off in the distance.
I have to reserve a paragraph for the food and drink of the Guaycura to have all to itself. I am a culinary arts instructor and kind of a foodie freak. Yes, one of those people who snaps pictures of memorable meals and shows it to his friends trying to make them understand how good a meal was. We had two meals at the hotel, one was a dinner at the hotel restaurant, and the other was an all-day eating extravaganza the pool. Both meals were absolutely amazing. I had ever had food like that before in baja. There was a scallop ceviche in agua chile that was so fresh and flavorful. The bartenders are also very skilled at making interesting and unexpected flavor concoctions that pack quite a punch.

I know all this probably sounds like a bit of exaggeration, but seriously, to this day, whenever one of us mentions the Guaycura to the other, we both have a little eyes-closed “ummm” moment. If you are in Todos Santos, make sure you stop by the Hotel Guaycura and at least have a cocktail, or better yet spend the night.
Scott and Kelly

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scott h

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I loved my experience at the Guaycura. Not only is the hotel stunning with such history and personality but the entire staff make you feel instantly at home. I had the pleasure of being able to spend 5 nights in this romantic getaway and I loved my room with a balcony and a nice view.

The service was outstanding! I fell in love with everyone as they are such a beautiful and kind people all wanting to make your stay perfect. They are a fantastic team with excellent leadership.

The food was excellent. Great menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I enjoyed their eggs benedict, fabulous fruit plates, camerones, and ceviche to name a few.

My favorite was the beautiful rooftop terrace with incredible views of the sunsets and the magical oasis.

I rode in their Ranger everyday to visit the magnificent beaches and their new Palapa on the cliff side with the most amazing views of the pacific. I could see weddings and parties in this incredible authentic place way up on top of the hill. Amazing!!
I also had an excellent mango massage.

Thank you so much to the entire 5 star staff. I miss you already!

Room Tip: I booked room 209 and loved it! My sister booked 208 and she was on the street side but she said it...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Magictravelnow
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Truly the only world class hotel in what is otherwise a fairly rural community an hour from Cabo San Lucas by a new 4 lane modern highway. The hotel has a beautiful rooftop dining, bar and pool area, and is one block from the shopping and things to see. The new Palapa cliffside area overlooking the beach is a spectacular setting. It is about 10 minutes away by car, and is privately owned by the hotel. The food and drinks were excellent, and the rooms nicely appointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank William Randolp... W
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed for 1 night only, had dinner it was delicious, especially the rice with shrimp....also we had breakfast in the morning, they had quinoa with guava it was very light and healthy, we loved the room, very nice and quiet. the staff people are really nice, and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djchachin
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We arrived from La Paz on recommendation of a friend. We did not know what to expect and were pleasantly surprised at the elegance of the place. Our room was impeccable and our experience in the Sky Pool and Lounge was unforgettable. The sunset view is magnificent. A perfect couples retreat this place is.

Room Tip: Our room had a small deck with a couch and chair, very nice touch
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim V
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed two nights during late March. The hotel is tastefully appointed with
well chosen contemporary art set against the wonderfully refurbished historic
buildings. The peopled who worked there were genuine, helpful. It is not a fussy or pretentious
place. The rooftop bar is amazing and affords stunning views of the sea and surrounding town,
not to be missed for a drink as the sun goes down. I wished there had been more people staying there while we visited because that would have made the bar and restaurant more festive but the lack of guests reflected the over supply of nice small hotels in Todos Santos and general market,, not any shortcoming of this genuinely charming place

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pdxmike2627
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed here the first week in April. We LOVED the hotel and LOVED our rooms. They were beautifully decorated, very clean, had gorgeous copper tubs and one room had an outdoor sitting area, which we loved.

The entire hotel staff was kind and helpful and attended to our every need.

I travel quite a bit and I have stayed in lots of hotels and this one definitely tops the list.

The only thing I didn't like was the shower head.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family