Hello fellow Baja Travelers,
I have to tell you about one of the best hotel experiences I have had, not just in Baja, but anywhere in my travels, and it was the Hotel Guaycura. My wife and I are teachers and spend the summer months in Baja surfing and relaxing. About halfway through the summer, we felt the need for a vacation from our vacation, and decided to head south to explore Todos Santos, a place neither of us had ever been. Having not done any research before we left, we happened to walk in the front door of the Hotel Guaycura one afternoon and met Carlos the hotel manager. He was super friendly, and should us around the hotel property, and showed us the variety of rooms that were available. We were instantly won over by the friendly staff and colonial-style charm of the hotel and booked 2 nights.
The room that we stayed in was very luxuriously accommodated with a large king-size 4-poster bed. It had a large flat screen TV, and a nice little private outside patio that had a view of the palm groves and the hotel restaurant. The bathroom was gorgeous with a huge copper basin-style tub, that easily accommodated two people. Everything was crisp and clean and we both felt like we could have stayed in the room forever. But the amazing roof-top pool was calling our name, and we spent the majority of the daytime lounging on the roof deck and floating endlessly. From the roof, you have an almost 360 degree view of the center of town, and the mango and palm orchards off in the distance.
I have to reserve a paragraph for the food and drink of the Guaycura to have all to itself. I am a culinary arts instructor and kind of a foodie freak. Yes, one of those people who snaps pictures of memorable meals and shows it to his friends trying to make them understand how good a meal was. We had two meals at the hotel, one was a dinner at the hotel restaurant, and the other was an all-day eating extravaganza the pool. Both meals were absolutely amazing. I had ever had food like that before in baja. There was a scallop ceviche in agua chile that was so fresh and flavorful. The bartenders are also very skilled at making interesting and unexpected flavor concoctions that pack quite a punch.
I know all this probably sounds like a bit of exaggeration, but seriously, to this day, whenever one of us mentions the Guaycura to the other, we both have a little eyes-closed “ummm” moment. If you are in Todos Santos, make sure you stop by the Hotel Guaycura and at least have a cocktail, or better yet spend the night.
Scott and Kelly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic boutique hotel in downtown Todos Santos with 3 panoramic restaurants and a pristine beach club & spa located 3 miles from the historic center. Discover the Guaycura Route: Explore the town, relax at the beach and enjoy the sunsets in a captivating atmosphere and with delicious dishes. All our venues offer spectacular views, a unique variety of Mexican flavors and attentive service. This hotel is a friendly place to rest in a colorful Mexican town just off Cabo. Located 50 minutes from Cabo San Lucas, this romantic property offers all the best in Baja California Sur in a more intimate ambiance: an authentic Mexican town to walk around at ease, a secluded beach within no more than 10 minutes, as well as a prime view of the oasis, the desert and the ocean that surround Todos Santos. The hotel has exclusive suites with panoramic town and beautiful oasis views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Guaycura Boutique Hotel Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guaycura Small Luxury Boutique Hotel Todos Santos
- Guaycura Small Luxury Boutique Hotel And Spa