“Probably the Best Hotel on the West Coast of Baja!”

Guaycura Boutique Hotel Beach Club & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Todos Santos
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel is a real gem, we walked in off the street. The name Guaycura is in recognition of the native tribe that use to live in this area. The rooms are large, with everything you need. The service is friendly and genuine. The owner came and greeted us when we were checking in. All the staff made sure we had everything we needed. We had tapas and drinks at the bar, crushed tomatoes and "Jamon" on top of toasted slices of bread is just wonderful.

We also had supper, my wife had organic local chicken with vegetables from their own farm. I had Tuna steak. Both were top notch. Also enjoyed Guanabana sorbet for desert, just try it!

Breakfast was equally as good, with an omelet and $ggs Benny. Good Food.

Don't miss the roof top patio for drinks or food.

Room Tip: Any room is good. It is two blocks from main street so there will be some traffic. I don't think...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anders T

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Walked in, loved the place, booked a room
Friendly ambiance, beautiful rooms, lovely linnen
Great roof-top pool, bar and restaurant
Delicious food in main restaurant
Left with wonderful experience
Must return to be pampered with a massage

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I spent a week in Todos Santos and I owe much of my wonderful experience to the Guaycura. Named after the first settlers of the town, it is without a doubt the best boutique hotel I have stayed in my life. The staff are extremely friendly and jovial, the rooms spacious, clean and comfortable with amazing showers and huge bathtubs, the atmosphere rejuvenating, energetic but calm and soothing at the same time and the roof terrace has amazing views. It is perfectly located near the town's main square and the front desk offers a wide array of activities in and around Todos Santos. Be sure not to miss breakfast and their margaritas! A heartfelt thank you to the Guaycura and its charming owner for giving me a home away from home. Expect me to return again and again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

What a refreshing change of pace from Cabo! We really enjoyed Todos Santos and our stay at Guaycura. This hotel is centrally located and offers thoughtful design throughout, nice rooms, friendly service and good food. The views from the rooftop terrace are beautiful. I will be back to Todos Santos and can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjz_kc
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed there for one night while in town on business. The hotel is in a good location and is really only one of three that I would consider staying at. The room was large and comfortable, and the property as a whole was clearly of good quality. The internet service was very slow, though there was a storm that day so that could be the reason. The room did not have a chair or desk in it, so it was not really set up for work (not that this is a traditional business hotel anyway). I had a drink at the bar, which was good and not overly priced for this type of property. I also had the continental breakfast that was included with my rate, which was better than expected. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay, but did not love it so much that I would not try other options if the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Hello fellow Baja Travelers,
I have to tell you about one of the best hotel experiences I have had, not just in Baja, but anywhere in my travels, and it was the Hotel Guaycura. My wife and I are teachers and spend the summer months in Baja surfing and relaxing. About halfway through the summer, we felt the need for a vacation from our vacation, and decided to head south to explore Todos Santos, a place neither of us had ever been. Having not done any research before we left, we happened to walk in the front door of the Hotel Guaycura one afternoon and met Carlos the hotel manager. He was super friendly, and should us around the hotel property, and showed us the variety of rooms that were available. We were instantly won over by the friendly staff and colonial-style charm of the hotel and booked 2 nights.
The room that we stayed in was very luxuriously accommodated with a large king-size 4-poster bed. It had a large flat screen TV, and a nice little private outside patio that had a view of the palm groves and the hotel restaurant. The bathroom was gorgeous with a huge copper basin-style tub, that easily accommodated two people. Everything was crisp and clean and we both felt like we could have stayed in the room forever. But the amazing roof-top pool was calling our name, and we spent the majority of the daytime lounging on the roof deck and floating endlessly. From the roof, you have an almost 360 degree view of the center of town, and the mango and palm orchards off in the distance.
I have to reserve a paragraph for the food and drink of the Guaycura to have all to itself. I am a culinary arts instructor and kind of a foodie freak. Yes, one of those people who snaps pictures of memorable meals and shows it to his friends trying to make them understand how good a meal was. We had two meals at the hotel, one was a dinner at the hotel restaurant, and the other was an all-day eating extravaganza the pool. Both meals were absolutely amazing. I had ever had food like that before in baja. There was a scallop ceviche in agua chile that was so fresh and flavorful. The bartenders are also very skilled at making interesting and unexpected flavor concoctions that pack quite a punch.

I know all this probably sounds like a bit of exaggeration, but seriously, to this day, whenever one of us mentions the Guaycura to the other, we both have a little eyes-closed “ummm” moment. If you are in Todos Santos, make sure you stop by the Hotel Guaycura and at least have a cocktail, or better yet spend the night.
Scott and Kelly

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scott h
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I loved my experience at the Guaycura. Not only is the hotel stunning with such history and personality but the entire staff make you feel instantly at home. I had the pleasure of being able to spend 5 nights in this romantic getaway and I loved my room with a balcony and a nice view.

The service was outstanding! I fell in love with everyone as they are such a beautiful and kind people all wanting to make your stay perfect. They are a fantastic team with excellent leadership.

The food was excellent. Great menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I enjoyed their eggs benedict, fabulous fruit plates, camerones, and ceviche to name a few.

My favorite was the beautiful rooftop terrace with incredible views of the sunsets and the magical oasis.

I rode in their Ranger everyday to visit the magnificent beaches and their new Palapa on the cliff side with the most amazing views of the pacific. I could see weddings and parties in this incredible authentic place way up on top of the hill. Amazing!!
I also had an excellent mango massage.

Thank you so much to the entire 5 star staff. I miss you already!

Room Tip: I booked room 209 and loved it! My sister booked 208 and she was on the street side but she said it...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family