All reviews el faro rooftop bar mirador restaurant in town very nice hotel called el checking out awesome pool lovely boutique ceviche large bathroom visited todos santos watch the sunset an oasis palm trees small town wonderful place
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Had an overall pleasant stay which was spoiled at the end. As we were checking out, there was a claim for $5 for damage. Now I found a broken plate in the bathroom and threw it away, as it cut me. I believe it was broken by housekeeping. When we were checking out, the person at the front desk required us to pay $5 for this really cheap plate (50 cents at best). We were notified at checkout, not the day prior, when we were leaving in the extremely early in the morning. The front desk person claimed that if he didn't collect that the manager would deduct it from his pay. It was a ridiculous situation. The manager should have addressed this prior to checkout, rather that putting his staff in an uncomfortable position.

I believe the hotel needs a new manager. I've never encountered anything like this.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I've been to the Rooftop bar on several occasions over the last year, both with friends/clients who were visiting Todos Santos, and with other locals like me. I'm a tour guide, so I have lots of visitors and always thought this would be such a wonderful place to take them. The service continues to be terrible. The wait staff is constantly turning over, and no one seems to be trained on how to write down a food or drink order, to supply utensils to eat, or what wines or cocktails are available. There are usually 3 staff working at the bar, but 2 do nothing, while the new person runs around to all the tables, not seeming to have a clue what needs to be done. They like to come back to the table 30 minutes after taking your order and ask what you ordered again, then it takes another hour to arrive.

Yesterday, was my last attempt of many to like this bar, because the view is so grand. I went alone, at 6pm, to watch the sunset and have one glass of wine. The two waiters were chatting by the pool and I was the only guest there. After 15 minutes, I went to the pool to ask if the restaurant/bar was open. I speak Spanish. They said "yes" and followed me to my table. I asked, in Spanish for a glass of red wine, and asked what kind they had. The waiter had no idea. He got the other employee who told me to come back at sunset when someone would know....

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank dstephens115
Guaycura, Community Manager at Guaycura Boutique Hotel Beach Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear dstephens115,

Thank you for sharing your comments in regards to your experience with us during your last visit.

We regret reading the inconvenience you experienced throughout your multiple visits. Your review has been very useful for us, as it allowed us the opportunity of taking preventive measures. We have recently provided training on our wine selection for all our waiting staff and are working hard on reinforcing standards and processes amongst them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you for your time and If you ever have more comments please do not hesitate to contact me at guestservices@guaycura.com

Jessyka Real
Community Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

The service is excellent, the rooms are spacious and very clean. We especially found Jennifer to be very helpful. Don't miss taking a cooking class at la mirador with chef Juan Pablo! Thank you for an excellent stay!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Guaycura Hotel is a welcoming hotel with clean, attractive rooms, located in the Central District. It offers complementary, and very good, breakfast and has a roof-top bar to die for. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They were able to recommend a guide to give us a driving tour of the city; we learned lots that we would have missed otherwise. We had been staying at a much less attractive place and felt fortunate to move to the Guaycura at the last minute.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Our second stop on our tour of Southern Baja California Sur took us to Todos Santos. An idyllic historic town on the West cost of the peninsula. After a lot of research of the somewhat limited hotel and resort options of the area, we booked ourselves into Guaycura Boutique Hotel Beach Club and Spa. We thought it was a bit odd that the hotel was clearly a fair distance from the ocean, yet they advertise ocean front dining and beach club, since we had made dinner reservations in advance at El Mirador for 7PM for the evening of our arrival. As there was no offer of help with our suitcases, we brought in our bags so we could check in and were shown to our Oasis suite. We were initially a bit surprised by how small the room appeared to be, (for the price), then we discovered how large the bathroom was and also the private walkout terrace with built-in seating in addition to a juliet balcony overlooking the courtyard. We very quickly realized, with all of the luxurious furnishings and decor that this was a very special place. Since it was getting dark and we had no idea how to get to El Mirador, we asked the hotel to call a taxi to take us there. We waited a while and had to ask a couple more times at the front desk if there was indeed a taxi coming to take us since we had reservations. After a third phone call, a car eventually showed up and drove us through the town and up the winding road to El Mirador where we had an outstanding dinner, (see my review of El Mirador). After being told that it would be unlikely that we would be able to find a taxi back to the hotel, our waiter offered to drive us for which we were very grateful. The following morning, we had breakfast in the hotel courtyard which was very good. After a good walk around the town, we returned to the hotel to enjoy the rooftop pool and bar area. The pool was very cool which was perfect for the hot day and the drinks were a bit pricey, but not unexpectedly so. On our third day, we had planned to go to El Faro, the beach club part of Guaycura that was also a considerable distance from the hotel, but learned from the front desk that it was closed that day - disappointing, but I guess they have to do regular maintenance. So, hence my note in the review title re. being clear about the "Hotel Beach Club & Spa" aspect of the Guaycura. All in all, we enjoyed the hotel for it's old world charm, while still being of a very high quality.

Room Tip: Get an Oasis suite... it is one of the end suites and has great light from 3 directions.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple