All reviewsel farorooftop barmirador restaurantin townvery nice hotelcalled elchecking outawesome poollovely boutiquecevichelarge bathroomvisited todos santoswatch the sunsetan oasispalm treessmall townwonderful place
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I stayed at Guaycura for 3 days. The hotel itself is charming with great service and inviting common areas. More so, you cannot fully understand it unless you travel to its offsite Faro and Mirador locations.

The Faro is a unique experience with kilometers of beach for yourself and a few other hotel guests. Meanwhile the Mirador offers a culinary delight with one of the most memorable sunsets you will ever experience.

Service was very good. Hotel was spotlessly clean. Beds were plush and comfortable, perfect for collapsing and oversleeping. Bathroom was unusually large. I could have fitted a small dinner party in it.

Overall, this is the best way to experience Todos Santos. Will visit again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay overall at this boutique style hotel. There were some issues though that really need to be addressed.
First: Hot water. Our teenagers didn't have hot water for a day and a half. Turns out the hot water heater turns itself off frequently but unless you say something no one seems to check it. The next day, we didn't have hot water in our room so my husband had to go down and ask for it to be turned on a second time.
The First night of our stay the lights in the hallway were also not working. They had to be reset or something along those lines. It was really dark with out stair way and hall lighting.
Rooms overall are comfortable and clean. Nothing overly fancy though so don't be alarmed.
Breakfast, no one seems to eat at the restaurant there but I did one morning and I thought it was great! Hopefully that will pick up for them.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer E
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Had an overall pleasant stay which was spoiled at the end. As we were checking out, there was a claim for $5 for damage. Now I found a broken plate in the bathroom and threw it away, as it cut me. I believe it was broken by housekeeping. When we were checking out, the person at the front desk required us to pay $5 for this really cheap plate (50 cents at best). We were notified at checkout, not the day prior, when we were leaving in the extremely early in the morning. The front desk person claimed that if he didn't collect that the manager would deduct it from his pay. It was a ridiculous situation. The manager should have addressed this prior to checkout, rather that putting his staff in an uncomfortable position.

I believe the hotel needs a new manager. I've never encountered anything like this.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I've been to the Rooftop bar on several occasions over the last year, both with friends/clients who were visiting Todos Santos, and with other locals like me. I'm a tour guide, so I have lots of visitors and always thought this would be such a wonderful place to take them. The service continues to be terrible. The wait staff is constantly turning over, and no one seems to be trained on how to write down a food or drink order, to supply utensils to eat, or what wines or cocktails are available. There are usually 3 staff working at the bar, but 2 do nothing, while the new person runs around to all the tables, not seeming to have a clue what needs to be done. They like to come back to the table 30 minutes after taking your order and ask what you ordered again, then it takes another hour to arrive.

Yesterday, was my last attempt of many to like this bar, because the view is so grand. I went alone, at 6pm, to watch the sunset and have one glass of wine. The two waiters were chatting by the pool and I was the only guest there. After 15 minutes, I went to the pool to ask if the restaurant/bar was open. I speak Spanish. They said "yes" and followed me to my table. I asked, in Spanish for a glass of red wine, and asked what kind they had. The waiter had no idea. He got the other employee who told me to come back at sunset when someone would know....

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank dstephens115
Guaycura, Community Manager at Guaycura Boutique Hotel Beach Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear dstephens115,

Thank you for sharing your comments in regards to your experience with us during your last visit.

We regret reading the inconvenience you experienced throughout your multiple visits. Your review has been very useful for us, as it allowed us the opportunity of taking preventive measures. We have recently provided training on our wine selection for all our waiting staff and are working hard on reinforcing standards and processes amongst them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you for your time and If you ever have more comments please do not hesitate to contact me at guestservices@guaycura.com

Jessyka Real
Community Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

The service is excellent, the rooms are spacious and very clean. We especially found Jennifer to be very helpful. Don't miss taking a cooking class at la mirador with chef Juan Pablo! Thank you for an excellent stay!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple