Todos Santos Inn(Todos Santos)
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$232
US$149
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

US$161
Posada La Poza(Todos Santos)
US$173
US$168
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

US$174
US$144
Casablanca(Todos Santos)
Casa Bentley(Todos Santos)
TripAdvisor
Flora del Mar(Todos Santos)
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Posada del Molino(Todos Santos)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfire pittop of the rockthe cliffhot tubevening appetizersbreathtaking viewswatching the sunriselaguna mountainsperfect hostsbreakfast burritoprivate patiodietary restrictionsheaven on earthevery directionclose friendsmoment you arriveoverlooking the pacific ocean
Reviewed 31 July 2017

There are so many places in the world I want to see and not enough years left to see them that I have made it a practice to try to take vacations in new places and properties - except when it comes to my favorite retreat to one of the most peaceful places I've experienced - Arriba de la Roca. My wife and I, along with close friends of ours, just returned from our third trip to the “house on the rock.” As was the case the first two stays, we were completely spoiled by the owners and hosts - Shelby and Mauricio. If you are planning a trip to the Pacific coast of Baja, I can’t recommend strongly enough spending a few nights at one of the three casitas Shelby and Maurico built with a dream to cater to their guests.

If you want to spend a few days doing nothing but relaxing and unwinding in relative solitude while perched high on a cliff reading or dozing in a pool/hot tub/lounge chair looking out over the Pacific Ocean hearing the waves thunder 300 feet below, while watching the birds soar just over head, whales migrating south (during the season), jumping stingrays, and fisherman casting their strings off the cliffs below, book a vacation at Arriba while the opportunity exists. If you want to stretch your legs or explore you can walk 2 miles of deserted beach either direction away from your casita. Or, you can stay on site and schedule a massage. Many guests never venture off the cliff, spending each day soaking up the peaceful, beautiful surroundings while enjoying incredible meals and a constant flow of drinks while having their every need anticipated and catered to by Shelby and Mauricio. Each night after dinner we retire to the fire pit with a glass of wine, feeling the warmth of the fire and the shaking of the cliff from the pounding waves below. I have recommended Arriba to every friend and acquaintance that I learn is looking for a vacation spot to just unwind and decompress.
Those that have been fortunate to make the trip have loved their time so much at Arriba that they too are repeat guests.

I would not recommend staying at Arriba if you prefer to vacation in a place where there is a close by active night life with a variety of bars and restaurants in resort towns like Cabo San Lucas. That being said, if you get restless and decide you want to leave the quiet and solitude of Arriba, in 10 to 15 minutes, you can drive to one of the two cool and trendy small towns with amazing restaurants, bars and art galleries (El Pescador and Todos Santos). Or, you can drive across the peninsula to La Paz and swim or snorkel with whale sharks or sea lions. If you’re feeling more adventurous, Shelby can tell you how to find and buy pottery from a potter in the mountains not too far away.

I realize I haven’t added anything new that you won’t read in the 250 plus reviews, all which have rated Arriba 5 out of 5 stars, or the more lengthy and detailed review I posted on Jan 22, 2014 after our first visit. After three visits, however, I think I have finally put my finger on why we find Arriba de la Roca so special - and that is because for Shelby and Mauricio, meeting the guests and doing everything possible to ensure they feel welcome and special is not done for money, but because they love what they do - it is their labor of love. That passion comes through and turns a stay at this boutique hotel apart and above any other I’ve had the good fortune to experience.

Room Tip: All are unique. Pacifica has king bed yet Boca has more private deck and best views of beaches and mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DJDinKC
Reviewed 22 March 2017

My husband and I have traveled extensively and never planned to repeat trips as there's so much out there. However, this was our fifth time to Arriba, and won't be our last. We've been swimming with whale sharks, seen dolphins, jumping rays, tons of sea and shore birds, gotten up close and personal with gray whales...every year there is something new to see and experience, this year we had a day of rain for the first time! But some things Are consistent every year: Shelby and Maurice are the finest hosts we've ever had anywhere, their service and attention is impeccable, the food is always abundant and top notch, the beds are luxurious, beautiful weather, watching the sun set from the comfort of the hot tub with a crafted cocktail and always whales, whales, whales. Truly unlike any place else in the world.

Room Tip: Every casita is uniquely styled but all are comfortable and private with different but equally spectacular views.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mj4040
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Our fifth visit at Arriba de la Roca and the magic lives on! Friends came with us this time and they left just as much in love with this intimate hotel as we are. Perched above the Pacific, straddling two miles-long beaches, we watched for whales, walked the beaches, hiked over the hills and enjoyed the company and attention of our amazing hosts, Shelby & Mauricio. Comfy beds, cool evening breezes, no mosquitoes, spectacular views, wonderful breakfasts and evening appetizers (plentiful enough to call dinner) mean we return as often as possible! Planning our next trip already!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Our stay at Arriba de la Roca couldn't have been any better, it was truly perfect! Waking up to the most gorgeous view, while still in bed was the best start to every day. We stayed in Bocas, with the Pacific Coast line and mountain views feeling like an extension of our room! Watching the sunrise on our terrace and sunset by the pool or hot tub was incredible. Always a coffee or Margarita to go with it!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Shelby and Maurice are wonderful hosts and they did a wonderful job building this incredible wonderful place on top of a hill overseeing the Pazifik. Every day you have a new sunset and then you get treated to a great snack, which is more than enough to make you survive till a great breakfast! You can cool of in the nicely designed pool or just rest on the terrace.

Stayed: March 2017