My boyfriend and I had a very peaceful and relaxing time at the Hacienda Cerritos. Our bungalow had a semi private pool and Jacuzzi out on the patio which we had all to ourselves for the first three nights (it’s shared with one other bungalow). We were in the north facing bungalow with views of rocky ocean coastline which was amazing! The sound of the waves crashing on the rocks, the heat and the quietness made for the most tranquil and beautiful getaway we have been on yet.
The sister resort Cerritos Beach Surf Colony was just a short walk away and had very delicious food, I tried their coconut shrimp and coconut lobster and it was the best coconut shrimp I’ve had yet, the lobster was a first. We ate there our first night by candlelight by the pool and the next time we ate there we had it ordered and delivered to us up at the Hacienda.
Vincent the bartender at the onsite palapa bar was great! He was very friendly and made some yummy margaritas and pina coladas that I loved. It was nice to be able to lounge about the pool or swim up to the bar and have drinks while relaxing and enjoying the sunset. The view from the Hacienda of the sunset was unmatched.
The hotel overall was very beautiful, the architecture was very unique, it does need some better upkeep, anything made of metal was rusty, railings, patio chairs and tables, even workout equipment in the gym, ocean air does that but to let it all go completely rusty?
There were only a handful of things I didn’t like during our stay:
• Initially I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the room since the floor had not been swept and there was broken glass on the countertop, it seems that they had not cleaned the room prior to our arrival, just made the bed and cleaned the bathroom. The next day I let the house cleaning woman know about the glass when she came to clean the room and she cleaned it up and swept the floor. I left her a tip the next day and she added a small flower arrangement to the room which was a very nice touch. The next day again I left a tip but it seems she only cleaned the bathroom because the floor was not cleaned at all.
• The pool and Jacuzzi on our patio were not quite clean, there was a lot of debris in both when we arrived on Saturday and I didn’t want to swim in either because of this. The main pool was very clean by contrast. Monday a guy came out and installed a new pump and cleaned the pool and then it was finally working properly with the filter going and the water filled all the way pouring into the pool from the Jacuzzi and chlorine put in the water, only then were we able to swim in it safely.
• The patio to the bungalows pool and jacuzzi is accessible via a hallway that runs between the two bungalows, so not just via the bungalow rooms, this is fine except it was a little annoying when random people come out to our patio to look at the view while we were relaxing out there (happened at least 4 times while we were there. It’s not that private in other words.
Also, there’s massages offered but they were expensive compared to the masseuse’s that set up right on the beach in front of the Cerritos Surf Club, I got a 1 hr deep tissue for $40 USD and she was very good. The food at the Surf club was very good too, we tried their fish and shrimp tacos and nachos and it was delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Cerritos is an exclusive luxury boutique hotel. Located on a private bluff, this peaceful and private destination is sure to make your visit magical. This is the ultimate Mexican getaway. We are just 40 miles north of Cabo San Lucas and just down the road from the historic artist colony of Todos Santos. Cerritos Beach (world renown for exceptional surfing) is the perfect family vacation or solo hiatus paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.