“Wonderful vacation”

Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Todos Santos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Travel North from Cabo San Luca toward Todos Santos. Just past the "Art and Beer" look left and you will see a beautiful hacienda on a cliff called the Hacienda Cerritos.
My family and I spent Thanksgiving holiday there and had a wonderful time. The Hacienda itself is breath taking. The 360 degree views are beautiful. Everything from the sunrises to the sunsets. And the whale sitings.
You can take a hike up a small mountain or walk down to the beach where the sand is so smooth and the waves fun to play in.
There is a kitchen area where you have full access to cooking whatever you might want. (Make sure to bring groceries with you). Or you can eat at 2 restaurants on the beach .
Jannine and the staff very helpful. The rooms big and nice. I even enjoyed no "media" access (television's,etc). But there is Wifi.
I will never forget this vacation. Well worth the wait! And I would come back.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw (only 10) were nice. I enjoyed the sunrise side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CerritosBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

On behalf of Cerritos Beach Resort staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. It sounds like you enjoyed many of the activities that Cerritos Beach Resorts has to offer. Hacienda Cerritos welcomes you back with open arms any day!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Like many others, I purchased an internet deal, which is how I heard of it. It took almost 2 years to finally get a booking. In the meanwhile, I followed the reviews and pictures on tripadviser with equal parts dismay and excitement. And the reviews did make me more prepared.

Believe everything you read about the stunning beauty of the place. Pictures do not do it justice.

Don't get caught up with picky people who don't understand that unless you stay at a Hilton or Marriott type resort; this is Mexico, there are bugs and rust and things break down sooner. You are not here to be isolated from the country.

There is very little on-site management. Norma will check you in and, with her limited English, try and understand when you tell her that your microwave popped the circuit breaker. We ended up lugging it to the upstairs kitchen where it worked fine - you just have to go with the flow.

If you fly into Cabo, do stock up on breakfast and lunch foods, and liquor and beverages at the Walmart on the way out of town. The Hacienda serves coffee in the morning, no decaf, and there is fresh fruit all the time. That's it. There are a few restaurants at walking distance, but they are not inexpensive. The bar at the pool is charming, but it's $10 for a margarita.

Be prepared for the dirt road off the highway that leads to the hotel - you are not lost, just drive slow and keep going.

If I can get another internet deal, I will definitely return.

Room Tip: The south penthouse is the best; the north penthouse gets more weather and the room is rusty , but t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank airportschlep
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We took a couples' trip to the Hacienda Cerritos and our jaws dropped the moment we pulled up. The hacienda sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean and the famous Cerritos Beach...amazing views and gorgeous architecture. The penthouse suite was the most beautiful room I have ever had the pleasure of staying in...the bathroom/tub/shower are gigantic! We did have an issue with the A/C unit, but we didn't let it spoil our stay. We enjoyed using the shared kitchen to make breakfasts and a few dinners. It was well stocked with various kitchen/cooking items and utensils.
My only recommendation to the owners for ways to improve this spectacular property would be to put umbrellas up over the lounge chairs by the pool and to heat the pool. We would have spent a lot more time there and at the swim up bar had there been those two factors. Because of this, we spent most of our time down on the beach at the Cerritos Beach Colony, which was great too.
There are wonderful restaurants in town and we had a great time going off the beaten path looking for a restaurant one of the locals told us had "the sweet ambiance"! After 2 days of searching, we found it...Hierba Buena...best local farm to table food, with indeed, some very "sweet ambiance".
We will be back to Todos Santos and most certainly to Hacienda Cerritos! It would be a great place to take a group and rent out the whole villa....just a thought!

Room Tip: The South Penthouse was absolutely amazing with views of the surfer down at Cerritos Beach and liste...
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had a girls trip to this beautiful resort. It is not for the parties though. It is 45 mins from Cabos and 10 mins. from Todos Sandos. The resort itself was very relaxing the room was nice. The air conditioner needs updated. It was a wall unit that was very noisy and if you didn't have it on it was too hot in the room at night. There is NO TV. Not even basic. The railings needed to be sand blasted and painted. They were rusted. The WIFI was only at spots on the resort. They did not offer food there so you had to go down to the beach to a small restaurant or drive into Todos Sandos. The pool was nice. Not very well lit at night though. You could watch the whales and we saw Dolphins the last day. There is a bar there but closes around 7PM. I would not go back there I would rat here stay closer to San Jose or Cabo. The staff was very nice. They kept the facility very clean. The road into the facility needs to be groomed. I understand it being a dirt road but the washboard and ruts are a bit much.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very roomy and has access to multiple verandas.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My fiance and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hacienda Cerritos in mid October of 2013. We were blown away by the beauty and tranquility of this establishment. Although the hotel is only five years old, the decor and the craftsmanship of the building made us feel as if we were vacationing in a secluded castle from the early 1900's. We purchased a deal online two years ago that cut the cost of our four night stay into pennies. Honestly, half the guests at this establishment paid full price and were more than happy to do so. We paid a fraction of what these other individuals paid and that made us even happier!

We stayed in a bungalow that overlooked the surf colony. We had a semi-private pool and Jacuzzi to ourselves. You share your pool/Jacuzzi with your neighbors, but we rarely ran into them. For the first couple of days, our Jacuzzi wasn't working, but it really didn't bother us much. Our A/C was ridiculously cold, but we loved it. Our room was comprised of three separate sections: the entry room or living room area, bedroom and bathroom.
The mattress on our King-size bed in our room was a little too hard for our liking.
The view is outstanding! !We were able to sit in our own personal pool and look over the cliff to watch the surfers. We experienced some of the best sunsets in our entire lives while staying here.
Disclaimer: If you are scared of June bugs, don't stay at the Hacienda Cerritos! They are everywhere and they will make their way into your room. We swept them out daily, but they always seemed to reappear the following day. Definitely not a deal-breaker for us though!

We will definitely be back!
Thanks Hacienda Cerritos for magical memories!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
CerritosBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for sharing the photos, those are some great shots, it looks like you had a great time! We appreciate your review and thoughts on our resort. It sounds like you two were a great fit for our "off the grid" location. Please come back and join us again, or feel free to stay at one of other also located on Cerritos Beach.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Cerritos Surf Colony one night, and the Hacienda the next....The villas at the Surf Colony were so close to the beach and I initially didn't want to leave the sand, but staying at the Hacienda just blew me away. It was grand and rustic, situated on the top of the cliffs, with such gorgeous decor that made me feel like royalty from ages ago. Huge living areas, kitchen, verandas, courtyard, etc with breathtaking views of the ocean made it the most unique hotel I've ever stayed at. We stayed in Bungalow 1 and 2 (huge, with a living area, huge bathroom with walk-in tile shower, kitchenette), which faced Cerritos Beach and we spent hours watching the surfers and rolling waves. We had a semi private pool (infiniti pool with jacuzzi) and I mean semi-private because it was on our patio but it was not blocked off to other sightseers who were touring the facility. Sitting in the infiniti pool and gazing onto the beach was one of most zen moments I've ever had! The main pool was gorgeous and well-kept, and has side "wings" so I was able to swim long laps from one end to another, getting a great workout.

The icing on the cake was that this hotel has a bookcase that opens up to a "secret" staircase which leads you to the top of the tower for an incredible panoramic view of the beach and cliffs. Be careful if you bring little kids up here as there is not a gate that surrounds the top of the spiral staircase. This hotel is better suited for older kids, not toddlers (I left my little ones home).

I agree that this hotel has minor maintenance issues but being on the cliffs and being constantly exposed to the elements, ongoing repairs are neccessary. It is definitely not a touristy resort with around the clock service and wild entertainment, but that's what I expected from a hotel that was very private and tranquil. The hotel provided fruits and coffee in the morning, but a quick hike down to the Cerritos Surf colony provided delicious meals, 3 x a day. Guests can use the main kitchen to cook (or arrange to hire a cook for your family/friends during your stay as I was told by the owner).

My one inexpensive upgrade request is to have the hotel provide white towels. Currently they are dark brown, and being very concerned about cleanliness, I thought white would be a better means of convincing the guests that they are clean.

I can't wait to come back! It is pure paradise (there is even a hut with 2 hammocks that provide awesome naps) .Forewarning: there is a unkempt, dirt road to get to the Hacienda so get ready for a little bumpy ride and try to drive in daylight on your initial drive there (we drove in the dark and kept thinking we were going the wrong way as some of the turnouts were unmarked).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
CerritosBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are do pleased that you enjoyed your stay! It sounds like to were able to explore the Hacienda and find the unique attributes it offers..the hidden staircase it fun! We appreciate your understanding the elements of our location can be difficult to keep up with and can be unforeseen. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

and as the reviewer prior to mine said that it COULD be much nicer if kept up, had TVs, internet, a warm Jacuzzi and pool, and maybe some night time entertainment.

What a great view. HUGE rooms along with HUGE bathrooms and walk-in closets. A gem on the cast but you need a car to get across the couple miles of washboard dirt roads and take food with you. Bar is open with limited hours. Coffee and fruit were provided in the AM. Purchase through groupon or one of the other similar coupon sites. Would not pay full rate at all. Take reading material or go surfing just off the cliffs. A bar was located close and on the beach and within walking distance with a good menu, TVs, and internet access. They close at 6:30P though so anything after that was by car.

Room Tip: We had the South Suite which had a view towards the surf colony. I doubt you could go wrong with th...