“Oh the View!!!”

Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Todos Santos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 December 2013

If you like small, private, boutique hotels then this is for you! We only stopped by on our way to Todo Santos for a margarita but I could've stayed there for the rest of my stay in Los Cabos. When you think of Hacienda, this is place that is conjured in your mind! THICK wooden doors, tile all around, etc.!
Awesome pool, deck and bar with a view that can't be beat! The bartender has an office view that most executives would die for!
Interestingly, you have to cook your own meals or bring your private chef to prepare them in the LARGE kitchen. If that's not your bag then you'll have to go out. I think there are a couple of taco places on the dirt road back to the main highway or to Todo Santos you'll go.
There's no phone or internet signal but I think the hotel has wifi.
Definitely on my list of future places to stay.
Oh yeah, there's a surf colony about a 1/2 mile from the hotel so you can enjoy the waves!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CerritosBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for contributing your photos, there are some great shots! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and please come back again!

There are newer reviews for Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 28 December 2013

What a great place to spend a few days away from the tequila.....This place is a dream come true and the south facing views are amazing, seems like we had the whole place to ourselves, there is a large kitchen onsite, so make sure you find a personal chef and go catch yourself a feast and have him cook it up for you, you will never forget it....I promise

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had an all-adult family get-together in the Hacienda the week of Thanksgiving. We started out week in Cabo at a beautiful resort and then moved on to Hacienda Cerritos. The Hacienda was a different experience than the Cabo resort; a bit more rustic with a few maintenance needs (pool was cold, our jacuzzi did not work, gym needs updating, rust in a few places). ALL of this was quickly overlooked; the Hacienda and view is unlike any other. We arrived to see an amazing sunset and whales in the distance. The experience only got better. Jaw-dropping sunrises each day, with afternoons spent at the pool continuing to watch whales and waves spashing against the mountains. The Hacienda sits on a cliff with a beach to one side and mountains on the other. I have never seen a beach like this before. The sand glistened with diamonds and turned to gold flecks in the afternoon. You'd walk out to the waves and gold would surround you...must be heaven. Surfers and whales everywhere. The family did a few hikes up the mountains (next to the Hacienda) for more amazing views. My husband and I took a 5 hour Panga boat fishing trip through Eco Tours and would highly recommend it (not luxurious but unique). Our two non-English speaking guides helped us catch a 6ft marlin, fed us homemade burritos and provided some up close whale watching. Marlin fish tacos and filets kept the house fed for 3 meals. Our trip to Todos Santos and Art and Beer were unique and fun as well. We met some great people who were also staying at the Hacienda. Jannine, the Manager, did everything she could to help enhance our experience. She even hired a catering company to serve Thanksgiving dinner (steak and lobster) to all house guests. It was a perfect Thanksgiving sitting at a big table with family and new friends. She is a passionate manager, only wanting to help improve the guest experience and Hacienda. My only regret is not taking the kids (maybe...). Kids would do well here (beach, surfing, mountains, fishing, etc.) and without all the electronics. LOVE this place, would return, and have already recommended it to others. Good luck to Jannine!

Room Tip: Beautiful Sunrises on beach side; beautiful sunsets on mountain side - you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Travel North from Cabo San Luca toward Todos Santos. Just past the "Art and Beer" look left and you will see a beautiful hacienda on a cliff called the Hacienda Cerritos.
My family and I spent Thanksgiving holiday there and had a wonderful time. The Hacienda itself is breath taking. The 360 degree views are beautiful. Everything from the sunrises to the sunsets. And the whale sitings.
You can take a hike up a small mountain or walk down to the beach where the sand is so smooth and the waves fun to play in.
There is a kitchen area where you have full access to cooking whatever you might want. (Make sure to bring groceries with you). Or you can eat at 2 restaurants on the beach .
Jannine and the staff very helpful. The rooms big and nice. I even enjoyed no "media" access (television's,etc). But there is Wifi.
I will never forget this vacation. Well worth the wait! And I would come back.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw (only 10) were nice. I enjoyed the sunrise side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CerritosBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

On behalf of Cerritos Beach Resort staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. It sounds like you enjoyed many of the activities that Cerritos Beach Resorts has to offer. Hacienda Cerritos welcomes you back with open arms any day!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Like many others, I purchased an internet deal, which is how I heard of it. It took almost 2 years to finally get a booking. In the meanwhile, I followed the reviews and pictures on tripadviser with equal parts dismay and excitement. And the reviews did make me more prepared.

Believe everything you read about the stunning beauty of the place. Pictures do not do it justice.

Don't get caught up with picky people who don't understand that unless you stay at a Hilton or Marriott type resort; this is Mexico, there are bugs and rust and things break down sooner. You are not here to be isolated from the country.

There is very little on-site management. Norma will check you in and, with her limited English, try and understand when you tell her that your microwave popped the circuit breaker. We ended up lugging it to the upstairs kitchen where it worked fine - you just have to go with the flow.

If you fly into Cabo, do stock up on breakfast and lunch foods, and liquor and beverages at the Walmart on the way out of town. The Hacienda serves coffee in the morning, no decaf, and there is fresh fruit all the time. That's it. There are a few restaurants at walking distance, but they are not inexpensive. The bar at the pool is charming, but it's $10 for a margarita.

Be prepared for the dirt road off the highway that leads to the hotel - you are not lost, just drive slow and keep going.

If I can get another internet deal, I will definitely return.

Room Tip: The south penthouse is the best; the north penthouse gets more weather and the room is rusty , but t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank airportschlep
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We took a couples' trip to the Hacienda Cerritos and our jaws dropped the moment we pulled up. The hacienda sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean and the famous Cerritos Beach...amazing views and gorgeous architecture. The penthouse suite was the most beautiful room I have ever had the pleasure of staying in...the bathroom/tub/shower are gigantic! We did have an issue with the A/C unit, but we didn't let it spoil our stay. We enjoyed using the shared kitchen to make breakfasts and a few dinners. It was well stocked with various kitchen/cooking items and utensils.
My only recommendation to the owners for ways to improve this spectacular property would be to put umbrellas up over the lounge chairs by the pool and to heat the pool. We would have spent a lot more time there and at the swim up bar had there been those two factors. Because of this, we spent most of our time down on the beach at the Cerritos Beach Colony, which was great too.
There are wonderful restaurants in town and we had a great time going off the beaten path looking for a restaurant one of the locals told us had "the sweet ambiance"! After 2 days of searching, we found it...Hierba Buena...best local farm to table food, with indeed, some very "sweet ambiance".
We will be back to Todos Santos and most certainly to Hacienda Cerritos! It would be a great place to take a group and rent out the whole villa....just a thought!

Room Tip: The South Penthouse was absolutely amazing with views of the surfer down at Cerritos Beach and liste...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had a girls trip to this beautiful resort. It is not for the parties though. It is 45 mins from Cabos and 10 mins. from Todos Sandos. The resort itself was very relaxing the room was nice. The air conditioner needs updated. It was a wall unit that was very noisy and if you didn't have it on it was too hot in the room at night. There is NO TV. Not even basic. The railings needed to be sand blasted and painted. They were rusted. The WIFI was only at spots on the resort. They did not offer food there so you had to go down to the beach to a small restaurant or drive into Todos Sandos. The pool was nice. Not very well lit at night though. You could watch the whales and we saw Dolphins the last day. There is a bar there but closes around 7PM. I would not go back there I would rat here stay closer to San Jose or Cabo. The staff was very nice. They kept the facility very clean. The road into the facility needs to be groomed. I understand it being a dirt road but the washboard and ruts are a bit much.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very roomy and has access to multiple verandas.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 4 in El Pescadero
Hotel California
Hotel California
#2 of 8 in Todos Santos

Been to Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!