“Wow!”

Mariscos El Compa Chava
Ranked #52 of 96 Restaurants in Todos Santos
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Today is day one of vacation and I am so very glad we heeded the reviews about this place. Having never tried ceviche before and speaking very little Spanish, I was skeptical, but not any more. I had the ceviche de pescado and was truly in heaven!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I usually will eat lunch here but this last time in Todos Santos I was never in town during the day. So, on my way back to my casa, I stopped by and had them make up a ceviche of fresh fish. They immediately took the fish out of the cooler and started chopping the fish with onion, lime and cilantro. Into a plastic sack and a bag of chips and I was set to have the best appetizer back at the house.

You can't go wrong with any of their dishes. All the food is super fresh and all the condiments taste like they were made seconds ago. I love their ceviche, seafood soup, tacos, tostadas, shrimp dishes and Campechana. I just wish I'd been able to eat there more often. Just means that I have to go back sooner rather than later.

1  Thank PALTravel
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Everytime i go to Todos Santos, i stop at this authentic bajastyle restaurant... even if im just passing by on my way to la paz, i stop at el compa chava, i highly recomend their live clams,
and ¨tostada de jaiba¨

Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

Since the average Mexican doesn't settle for bad food, you are better off going to the unpretentious places like this one and paying modest prices, skip the glamor. Great crab ceviche and breaded fried fish, salad and rice on the side. Go to the grocery down the street if you want beer because it's across from a high school, so they can't provide alcohol. Lots of locals patronizing this busy open air lunch spot, some from out of town.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Fresh fish and seafood for Very low prices.
Here is where the locals hang go to eat ceviche.
Compa Chava and his family guarantee fresh products.