“Just Go”
Review of Posada del Molino

Posada del Molino
Posada del Molino
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Your Perception will be your reality. Lovely place. Lovely people. A real taste of Mexico. Beautiful rooms and very helpful family that owns them . Skip San Lucas is you aren't into tourists and head to Todos Santos. If you want to see a trailer park maybe you will see it in your own mind, I saw rooms beautifully decorated rooms, hot water, friendly faces and good company. All my best.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MariaStefanie

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The well-equipped rooms now cost between $75-90 a night. I spent a week here, and have to say that the beautiful setting and friendly family service helped to make Todos Santos the most relaxing of my 5 week travels in Mexico.
Cary has taken over the daily running of the Posada from his mum Alice, and now stays in one of the rooms on site. This means that cleanliness and efficiency have been upped, and there's usually someone around for advice if you need it.
He's currently building a bar & restaurant on the plot next door, but in the meantime, the night time taco stand opposite is a great social hotspot serving tasty snacks well in to the wee hours!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Carrie-On666
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My sister and I arrived in Todos Santos and our accommodation plans fell through, so we went down to Posada del Molino, which I'd read about on Trip Advisor. Our host was a nice American lady who lived just down the street. She took us into what seemed like a really nice room. There's a nice little terrace outside the rooms, and a pool just adjacent to that. It was nice and quiet, but a very short walk into town. Our host also gave us a great tip on a place to eat just round the corner.

There were two queen sized beds, and a kitchenette, plus a decent-sized bathroom. Overall the accommodation was ok. We had planned to stay in Todos Santos for two nights, but with a price tag of US$100 a night, this place just wasn't worth it. I went to take a shower, but the shower was dirty, and then the shower-head fell off the wall right onto my head. We stayed one night only, and then moved on to La Paz, where we stayed at Posada Luna Sol, a much nicer hotel at literally HALF the cost.

Overall, there's much better value to be had in this part of Mexico.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Pinhead22886
Reviewed 21 January 2009

Sketchy check in. Wonderfull fully equipped studio apartment. Great comfortable pool area. Security non existant but being surrounded by trailer park owners made it fell secure. Central location.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BlaineJeri
Reviewed 1 January 2009

Fabulous. Cool. Inexpensive. Met interesting people in the "trailer" park. Unique, charming, and near the local baseball park where competing regional town teams play, the beer is kept cold in a big iced tub and admission is 10 pesos. It's not fancy, but it's gated (sort of) and safe. If you want the real deal, this is the place. Just don't tell too many people, because then it will be booked up!

Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank gwinlaminez
Reviewed 6 October 2007

My partner and I drove into Todos Santos without a clue where we were going to stay, or if we were going to stay at all. Hotel California was expensive (almost $100 for a room without air conditioning, and it was WAY too hot for that!) and the Todos Santos Inn down in the historical area was also over our budget, although it looked gorgeous.
We drove around the back streets and quite by accident came across the Posada del Molino. We found the office and rang the bell at the gate, and that's how we met Cary, who rent a room to us. He was a mellow and friendly guy.
I was enchanted as soon as we entered the room. It was a spacious and clean suite with very high ceilings, and was very Mexican looking, with pottery, art and weavings around the walls. There was an excellent little kitchenette, a great bathroom with a big shower, and a big comfortable bed.
I loved staying here! There were only four units, all opening out to a charming patio with little tables and chairs. Just beyond the patio was the pool, which I really enjoyed during the couple of hot hot days we were there.
Sitting out on the patio at night under the velvety sky, we could hear the crickets from the green space behind the hotel, the geckos yakking in the treetops, and the little night creatures calling each other.
In the morning I liked having my coffee outside as well. I think every family in that neighbourhood has chickens and dogs, so once the sun comes up the roosters are crowing and the dogs are barking, and about a hundred birds are fluttering and singing in the palm trees and mango trees around the pool.
I loved this place!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank thrumpin
Reviewed 17 January 2007

Just writing a short review on this most charming place to stay in Todos Santos.I loved it along with my wife and two children,the rooms were fantastic.Also a great outdoor cooking area and beautiful swimming pool where my sons met the owners sons with whom they surfed with everyday.Also if I needed anything I would just ask them (Cary&Gabe)and they made sure to take great care of us.If your looking for a great place to stay in Todos Santos look no further. Y.Roher Medford Or.

Stayed: January 2007