“The BEST vacation spot EVER!!!”
Review of Casa Bentley

Casa Bentley
Ranked #8 of 16 Todos Santos B&B and Inns
Sedro-Woolley, Washington, United States
“The BEST vacation spot EVER!!!”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

A friend and I spent eleven days in Todos Santos at the Casa Bentley Boutique Hotel. It was the most relaxing time I have ever spent! We had a lovely suite with a wall of windows that looked out over the most beautiful greenery, and our entry door and windows looked out over the pool/patio area. Even though the hotel was booked, it was as though we had the entire place to ourselves. We relaxed poolside every day and had an easy walk to town each afternoon to visit the shops, restaurants and mingle with the locals. The manager of Casa Bentley arranged a couple of excursions for us that were very well planned, safe and so very much fun. Both Bob and Beatrice were so very welcoming and kind souls with a great sense of humor. I will be bringing my boyfriend along next year for the holidays, as I know he would enjoy it as much as my girlfriend and I did. I would recommend Casa Bentley to anyone who wants a relaxing getaway in a one of a kind "hidden treasure"!!!!

Room Tip: I've only stayed in The Mango Suite, and loved it. Spoke with other guests, and they all loved...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Loreto, Mexico
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Went to Todos Santos for my birthday weekend...We wanted a small place, not a hotel, and not a B & B. Casa Bentley fit our criteria..We had a small room without a kitchen or a patio, and we felt "caged", although the room had plenty of high windows. It was an easy walk to the main part of town and close to restaurants. We plan to return to Todos Santos again, but not sure if we would stay at Casa Bentley..Might try a B & B next time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BajaAlley
Santa Clarita, California, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2012

A diverse variety of tropical plants colorful mexican folkart and an amazing semi precious stone collection . Nice comfortable room and a great outdoor kitchen. peacefull ambiance and a very nice welcome from the well trained pack of dogs that reside on the grounds. however, the service was a bit impersonal,got a warmer reception from the dogs than from the night management. The room was nice but like everything else in Todos Santos they were quite overpriced.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Jocelyn K
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Casa Bentley is very idiosyncratic and perhaps the things that bugged me about it might not bother other people. I found the owner Bob insufferable--he was a college professor who spent his time with me ranting about how he retired the day the faculty of his university unionized (he also bragged on and on about having a Columbia PhD, I didn't have the heart to rain on his parade and tell him mine was from Harvard). The hotel was a little odd, it definitely is pretty in pictures though. I was in the Dolphin Room, which is quite dark and the bathroom had a sulphurous smell, the patio one of urine. Bob's dogs have the run of the place, too. I will also add that Bob and Beatrice gave me very inaccurate info about the bus getting back to the Cabo, so you might want to find another information source.
The hotel is located on a dusty side street lined with walled compounds where the smugly insular expat community of Todos Santos lives. This is just a personal preference but I'd rather be closer to the beach or in more of a real town.

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank PdxTraveller994
ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2012

What a great place! What a great time. The rooms were so unique, wonderful and fun. From the street, you would never know. Also, the owner Bob Bentley and Beatrice are such wonderful people, they made the trip. Incredible, authenic, mexican gracious dining close by. The afternoons at the pool were terrific. Bob Bentley is a retired college professor and is very interesting and kind hearted. I will return.

Room Tip: Call ahead and pay ahead, because credit cards are not really used here. The hotel accepts pay pal w...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank blueeyes7155
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This was our third trip to Casa Bentley in the last 5 years. Each time we stay here there are subtle changes and improvements that shows the care and importance to small details that make for a very pleasant stay. Our stay this time was in the Mango Suite which is a light filled large suite which enters onto the patio and swimming pool level. It was quite and very comfortable and felt like a private home instead of a rental/hotel. Bob and Beatrice again made recommendations for activities and restaurants and brought us up on the lastest "happenings" in Todos Santos. Although we looked at a couple of new hotels here, Casa Bentley remains our home away from home in Todos Santos.

Room Tip: Each room is different - good descriptions on website
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My wife and I stayed in the home away from home Fountain suite 2/26/- 2/29. Not long enough for sure. All that has been written in the posts here....ditto! All the comments are true. Can't say anything about noise, the Fountain suite is quiet, fountain "noise" only. Did hear some neighbor dogs bark a couple of times at night but I also heard someome yell at them to stop which they promptly did. That doesn't even happen in our home neighborhood....owners telling their dogs to stop barking. Bob is awesome and with us also from being from WA state, I learned alot about Washington geology while sitting at the pool with Bob one afternoon enjoying some scotch. It's true, the architecture is amazing, photos do not do it justice. We love staying at places with communal kitchens. The morning banter with the other guests is always enjoyable. Fortunately, all the guests when we arrived were from the Northwest, so the coffee was always great first thing in the morning no matter who made it. The kitchen is very well furnished for all your cooking needs. Everthing is very clean and in great shape.
Did see a couple of other rooms, all were great, even better than the online pics. Didn't have alot of contact with Beatrice but she seemed very nice. I think she is the organizer of the business end. Steve, apparentently a new added employee, was very attentive and made sure our stay was comfortable and everything was functioning properly. Muchas Gracias to all of the staff. The town is magical, found it to be quiet and clean. Very safe to walk around no matter what time of day or night. The residents of TS are very friendly and helpful. Awesome restaurants in town. Big shout out to La Casita and especially Mariscos mi Costas, best cerviche ever.
Driving to TS from the airport is fairly easy, you just have to be attentive. The road between Cabo and TS is not as close to completion as some internet postings say it is. There are several single lane areas where caution and slow speed is required. I would not drive this road after dark.
We loved the whole experience. Casa Bentley is in the lead for celebrating my 60th next year!
We travel alot and Casa Bentley is one the top five places we've ever stayed.

Room Tip: Fountain room is awesome. We arrived after dark and thought Bob had taken us into the lobby of the h...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple