“To be Expected”

Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua
Ranked #39 of 116 Hotels in Chihuahua
Reviewed 1 April 2014

One can expect Holiday Inns to provide service and quality in the top percentile. It was what we expected.
Rooms were clean, quiet and adequate size. It is a good "motel", I wouldn't compare it to a 5 star hotel, nor would I have expected it to be.
We spent one night, ate out and the gratis breakfast was OK. Nothing wrong with it but nothing too special. Iwould stay there again.
Kinda hard to find coming from the south, but very easy from the north.

Room Tip: We were in the back (rm 152 ) with easy access for luggage and way off the busy blvd.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
CUUCI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

We appreciate your comments, we are working hard on our opportunity areas and we would love to have tha pleasure to serve you again.
Best Regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel its in the middle of the Industrial complex of Chihuahua; ver convenient if you are working around here, if not there's another Holiday Inn and other options near resturants and malls; but good room, good service and really cheap .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CUUCI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I really appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I just checked out this morning after a two night stay for business. So, while it is fresh in my mind: I loved the idea that the excellent breakfast buffet opened at 5AM until 10AM. With an early flight I still had time to eat. Also, the room had a hard surface wood like floor which I like because it is kept much cleaner than carpeting. The flat screen TV had about 100 channels and many were in English including all the sports stations. The air conditioner had controls so the fan can stay on so you are not hearing other sounds all night. Right next door is a Denny's Restaurant. Not that i go to Mexico to eat at Denny's but it sure was nice having a place to eat right next door. Since I did not have a car, this was perfect. Week nights the hotel has happy hour, lots of foods and beer and wine..all free. The front desk was most helpful and took care of my needs. So, if you are going to Chihuahua for a business trip, this is an excellent choice in my opinion.

Room Tip: I chose the second floor overlooking the pool. I just feel more comfortable not having people walk...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
CUUCI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your time taken to fill out our survey and thank you for sharing your experiences on your last stay that will serve to us to improve and provide a better service on your next trip.
We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I never expected it this way, I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express in Mexico and in the U.S. and I have always had decent experiences (except one time in San Marcos, TX. where we had super noisy neighbors).

We arrived into this property around 930pm. We were only staying until next day at 5am because we were taking an early flight.

The room looked fine when we walked in. When I walked into the bathroom everything changed. The toilet was dirty, it looked like someone with diarrhea used it before we walked in. Then we found a small towel with some hair hanging off the tub curtain. I called reception and they sent a nice gentleman to clean the toilet. He did a good job even though he was the security guard of the hotel since all the house keepers were gone for the day.

Then my wife found a pair of dirty sucks on the floor. We went to have dinner and came back around 12pm. We found some candy stuck to one of the lamps on the side of the bed. I'm not finished yet, I started checking the pillows and sheets before going to bed and I found a blood stain at one of the pillows.

That's when we requested the front desk to get us a different room. Some guy came and helped us with the luggage and we were taken into a different room. This one was fine. We slept 4 hours and check out. The guy at the front desk apologized when we left.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
CUUCI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback, let me tell you that we are truly sorry and we already corrected these failures . We conducted a consciously inspection of this room to correct these problems, we talked to the maid and we let her know the problem causing their mistakes.
I apologize again for the bad time and reiterate my gratitude for your cooperation.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

and the room was comfortable but a little dated. One thing that was really surprising and I know this sounds so prissy to say but there is no elevator. My room was on the 2nd floor and you'd think, "one flight of stairs, what's the big deal?" ...well, had I not broken my toe and had a piece of luggage weighing 28 lbs. it would not have been a big deal. But after a long day of travel, that flight of stairs was the last thing I wanted to see. But I slept great, the room was clean and I had a great breakfast at the Denny's right next door.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CUUCI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Thank you very much for your comments, it is true that we have no elevator but we have friendly people who will gladly help you on your next visit because we hope to see you soon again. Thank you again for your comments and we will continue doing our best to provide better service every day.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Conformable room, nice bed, great service, free bar from 6-8 and a very good breakfast... Free!
One minor thing, the TV remote is kind of difficult to operate, believe me, you need to read the instructions, more than once, more than once.......

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
CUUCI, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Thanks a lot for your feedback, we are using a new remote control because now we have the HD channels with more options for our guests!
We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I like how the rooms were clean, simple, and bed very comfy. Internet was ok, but a little patchy at times. Love how they have the 24 gym, the buffet breakfast, and they have an awesome happy hour with wine, meat snacks, onion rings and even salad.

It was near one of our meetings, so that was great. But my next stay will really depend where my meetings are since Chihuahua is a sprawling city, and from one end to the other can take 45 mins to 1 hour.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
CUUCI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chihuahua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thanks for your feedback, we are really happy to know that we are doing well our job. Hope to see you again soon.