“Staff is great, food is good, rooms OK”
Review of Hotel Maripina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ciudad Juarez
Hotel Maripina
Ranked #4 of 16 Ciudad Juarez B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Staff is great, food is good, rooms OK”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

First off, the reason I ended up at Hotel Maripina was a problem with a car permit with Banjercito and SAT.
Very good price for 1 months rent - they SAT and Banjercito) told me 2 weeks to solve the problem, but I knew from past experience it was going to take longer.
The staff went way above the call of duty to try and help me. Phone calls to SAT and Banjercito every other day. FREE OF CHARGE FOR THE HELP! And I never got the impression that they were anything but friendly and helpful. Great employees at the hotel.
Restaurant is good. It's a local restaurant servicing the people coming to Juarez for business. So it's more what a Mexican would expect in a good restaurant vs. the higher expectations of an American.
The staff at the restaurant is very friendly and accommodating to Americans staying a the note. If your in the area, want a local flavor for a meal - great place to go for any meal.
Hot water, A/C and a reasonable hotel room. Older hotel, so expect a few bugs.
Over all, if I had to spend another month in Juarez, I would not hesitate - I would book at Hotel Maripina with out any reservations.
A good solid hotel that will fit your budget.
Just accept the fact that you're in Mexico and things are a bit different!
I would recommend to family and friends - with the above alerts to lower expectations.
Good staff, good food and acceptable rooms.

Room Tip: All rooms are reasonably quiet. I was right next to the main road and had no problem with noise of a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John W

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 October 2009

When my husband had to go to the consulate (like 99.9% of the people who go to Juarez), we did not have a place to stay. Friends recommended another hotel that was full when we got there even though we had a reservation. The taxi driver recommended Maripina. It is not a 5 star hotel, but good enough to stay there a couple of days, after all it wasn't a vacation. Hotel is not close to the consulate, but they have transportation services to the consulate and the clinics. Service is good, restaurant food is very good and the service is also OK. The only thing I did not like is that they don't have non-smoking rooms. All the rooms smell like smoke. From 1-10 (1 poor and 10 excellent) I would rate it 6.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business