“Great Service, Friendly Staff, Decent Place to Stay”

Casa Grande Business Plus by US Consulate
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Ciudad Juarez
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Service, Friendly Staff, Decent Place to Stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel was very affordable for being considered a higher-star accomodation. We spent about $55/night. The Breakfast Juice & Yogurt Bar is included with your stay, however if you want the full breakfast buffet it is an additional $6 per day. The rooms were very clean and it was very convenient that our 3-day church event was being held just downstairs in the rented ballrooms. I was not too impressed by the flavor of the food. However what 'wowed' me is how accomodating the staff was. Each time we needed extra tables or chairs for our church event, they would bend over backwards to help us. And when some of our group members had to occupy the lobby area outside the ballrooms to finish up our video editing projects, the staff kindly gave us a table and plates and silverware to go with the food we purchased outside in the small corner store. we were probably really loud but nobody complained and we made sure to clean up after ourselves afterwards. I've heard it was close to the US Consulate - although I have not been there myself. It is quite a ways from the border, we took a shuttle bus to the border and just walked across to El Paso. However it is within walking distance to a small grocery store and other cheaper eateries, as the hotel restaurant, i found, was pricey by US standards and the food not so impressive. But great service, friendly staff, clean rooms and a safe environment, and decent prices are what i loved about this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2011

we stayed for a week at this hotel. spacious rooms, nice people, but what i loved the most was the breakfast buffet. there is a grocery store right in front of it and the bus station is relly close too. About 4-6mts away from the Consulate. And a choffer that can take you. Good for the price!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Familiadevacaciones
Alpine, Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions. We were in Juarez for immigration purposes and even though it didn't go as well as we planned, we still had a memorable experience with the hotel. The room was clean and spacious. There is a nice office down stairs for the guest but we used the wi-fi in our room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. On our third visit, they knew our names already and were quick with our room. The hotel offered us a shuttle to the consulate and other places that we needed to go. The restaurant is very popular bringing in patrons from elsewhere other than the hotel. Most nights they have a taco buffet but the breakfast buffet is spectacular! The menudo is really good and so are the omelets that you can have made the way you want. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't like Mexican food. There is a McDonald's at the mall. I really want to thank Sergio at the desk and Jose Luis for driving us around in the shuttle. The restaurant staff have a good sense of humor and they were very generous with us, They even saved us a trip to a pizza joint by making us one themselves from scratch. It was delicious! This is the hotel that we will be staying at whenever we are in Juarez. Also, there is a giraffe across the street at the park. Bring apples and carrots for him.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank TexasBear13
Silver City, NM
Reviewed 27 January 2008

I stayed here the night of January 1 due to an early flight out of the Ciudad Juarez airport the next morning. I paid $64/night on their website, no problems at check-in. I was hoping to stay at the Camino Real nextdoor but it was $100 more a night - not worth it. I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn which is also nextdoor and it is a bit more "plain" in my opinion.
The hotel was practically void of any guests. We were the only party in the restaurant having dinner. They do have a sushi restaurant that I ate at the time before I was there and it was good. This evening it was closed. I heard the chef didn't show up for work.
They had a shuttle to the airport and took us there at 6:00 a.m. I don't recall having to pay - except a tip. The room was a tad bit noisy as it did face a very busy road. Glad I had the sleeping pill. All & all I would stay here again and felt it was a very reasonable price for a modern, clean hotel.
There was complimentary bottled water on the bathroom sink, and a larger bottle you would be charged for if you used.

• Liked — Closeness to airport & airport shuttle
  • Disliked — Noise from road
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
washington
Reviewed 27 October 2007

I traveled from Washington to Cuidad Juarez, booking 6 nights at at Radisson Casa Grande October 2007. It has been 8 days since I checked out of this hotel. I have only 1 positive experience and the rest are negative.from this stay with this hotel ...they have a clean, quiet, and tasty restaurant on the 1st floor, which is what I am giving them credit for. The rest of my expierence with this hotel is far from positive. Due to paying +/-$90/night, my expectation was to have my basic needs met in the room I stayed for the 6 nights..... hmm... I will paint a picture of what my expiernce was for you all...My husband upon arriving at the hotel checked in and was informed that the room was $120/night ?? He argued and just paid the $90. The rooms, have bottled water for you (however, with a price $2) and it is set right on your counter next to the sink. Their is a note by the water that reads "complimentary razor, toothbrush, etc..." just request it. Well, believing in their kind genorosity which was put in writing, I went down stairs and requested a razor. I was directed to this small stand between the reception are and restaurant, that they were for SALE $$. I proceeded back to my room choosing to go back with nothing. Before check out, I was informed by the hotel assistant manager that due to me dirting some towels and blankets, I would have to pay for the damage??? After asking to read their policy that states you will be billed for towels and blankets you dirty, I was shown the signed agreement that was given to me when signing in the first night. The 5 sentence agreement (English) had atleast 10 mispelled words, example "any damage done to the promise", excuse me it is premis. I complained. stating that they were not being professional by having people sign these forms with all the mispellings, so fourth. Also, complained on how they tried to overcharge us in the beginnng $120 night vs $90. I totally was shocked when the Assstant supervisor stated , "Would you like me to charge you more than what we did per night?" This was so unreal.. It was unbeleivable that a hotel with such a name, was threatening to overcharge me because I was complaining????
I was charged an extra $120 dollares for the damage they said I did to their bedding. I paid. My point is and advice is.... only go to this hotel if you are willing to pay more money than what you expect. If you are scraping pennies like me, than what I went through was devestating to my pocket and insulting to my self.

• Liked — available
  • Disliked — service, dishonesty, price
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
6 Thank chililo
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 7 April 2007

I have traveled to Juarez on business many times and have tried the Camino Real and Hilton which are next door to this Radisson. The rooms are better than the Hilton and the service better than the Camino. The staff is pleasant, attentive and most speaks English. I ate dinner in the restaurant one night and won't go again. The menu is very Mexican. My food was two pieces of meat-like material swamped in sauce with rice and crunchy steamed vegetables. At least I didn't get sick. They do have WiFi and wired connections in the rooms but it costs $5-6 for 24 hours and you have to call the front desk for a username and password. My room faced Technologico Rd which is a main road and was quite noisy all the time. Ask for a room facing the other way if you're sensitive to noise. Rooms have individual air conditioners but mine sounded like a truck when it turns on. The hot water was out one morning and had to take a cold shower. It was back on later in the morning and was fine the rest of my stay.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled on business