“Very Impressed”

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Ciudad Juarez
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Very nice hotel. Lovely lobby. The room was above my expectations.
I felt very safe in this hotel. The lobby bar was very nice and we had no problem ordering what we wanted between my poor spanish and the bar tender speaking no english.
We only spent one night there as we had a flight out of Juarez at 5:30AM so we didn't get to have the breakfast. There was coffee in the room so that was fine. We had to stay at the Hilton Garden inn on our return which was AWFUL. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Very clean. Beautiful lobby-bar
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank saguarosam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
southwest
Reviewed 14 June 2008

My fiance had business with the consulate in Juarez this last week. The reason I chose hotel Lucerna was it's location and the fact that it had the most reasonable rates.

I was not dissapointed.

Upon arrival I found the hotel staff friendly and I was able to check in and drop my belongings in the room without delay. The room itself was very nice and clean and had a great view of the pool and the surrounding city.

They offered a breakfast buffet which was included in the price of the room, a special consulate package they offer, and we found the food to be very good. It was so good in fact that we ate most of our meals at the hotel. I think my favorite item on the menu was the hamburger ... don't know why, maybe the avacado they put on it, or maybe the toasted buns. Whatever it was, it was good stuff. If you need a change there is a Sanborns across the street from the hotel, also a Burger King, Wendy's and Applebee's within a ten minute walk.

I mentioned the consulate?? All one needs to do is walk out the front door and take a right, then continue waling down the sidewalk until they get to the light. Then just turn to the left, cross and keep walking for about 15 minutes. Can't miss all of the people standing in the lines for medical and the consulate. And do yourself a favor, make sure you don't accept help from anyone offering assistance with your forms ... please!!

• Liked — The staff were all very friendly.
  • Disliked — They come to clean twice a day.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank cmichael
florida
Reviewed 9 March 2008

I stayed at this hotel in February 2008 to do business at the American Consulate. From the moment I arrived I was very impressed by the service and above all the friendliness of the staff. The view of the mountains is amazing and the pool area is very tranquil and well landscaped. The location is also a plus- right on one of the main drags in a very well kept tourist area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to go to the consulate or anything else in the pronaf area.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank rugbydude05
bangalore
Reviewed 2 March 2008

I stayed in the hotel for 3 weeks.

Positives:
Free and high speed internet
Glorious view of the pool and the mountains at the border
Safe & central location

Negatives:
Poor room service in terms of cleanliness & timeliness
Poor food quality
Very few English speaking staff members
No options for movie to order etc

It is an OK place to stay for a few days, but if u r in for the long haul, then better to try suites at FiestaInn or some place like that.

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank Renu M
Detroit Michigan
Reviewed 25 February 2008

I tried two other hotels in Juarez before making The Lucerna my home while there. The hotel is located close to shopping and many good restaurants within walking distance. It isn't within walking distance of downtown, but close enough to spend an afternoon / early evening downtown. The staff is professional, helpful, they listen, and truly concerned about the guest. They make you feel at home. If you want to travel the city by bus there is a main stop in front of the hotel. The rooms are clean, modern and the only time i had noise pbms was when i had a doorway adjoining the rooms with partying guest on the other side. Each room has large sliding glass doorway that leads to cozy balcony. The pool is beautiful and cleaned each day I observed. The food is ok, not bad, but not yet up to the level of the accomidations. If you dine while Chief Martin in on duty he will proudly comply with your request. The bar has a jazz man a few nights a week. I stay at the Lucerna anytime I travel to Juarez. and highly recommend it. If your not satisfied let the staff know.

• Liked — Staff, clean, secure, location
  • Disliked — Dinner menu
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 October 2006

Hotel has great service but the food is another story. my american breakfast looks as if it was soaked in oil. Traditonal mexican food at the restaurant was at best a 6. Steak fajita I ordered was bland and under seasoned. The upside is that room is comfortable and service is beyond that of a 5-star hotel in the states. Bellman had no problem running out tsomewhere to get me a delicious burrito at 1 in the morning or buying me a pair of clean socks. The only minor fuss was the hassle of bringing a senorita back to the room at 2 in the morning. Great overall experience! will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 October 2006

The people that work at this hotel couldn't be nicer. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express across the street and there was no comparison. This hotel is SO much better and I payed virtually the same rate.
The waiters, bellman, and front desk folks were extremely cordial and friendly. Naturally, I speak Spanish so I don't know if one were to speak only English what the experience would be, but I gather it would be similar in nature.
Use your Triple AAA membership if you have it. I got $65/night with it.

• Liked — Courtesy and Location
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family