“Decent On A Budget”

Hotel Ibis Juarez Consulado
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Ciudad Juarez
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Decent place to stay on a budget.
My first shock was that there was no complimentary bottle of water in this hotel which is in an arid place like CJ. When I asked, I was told I can buy one.
Above all, the malls are close by so you can stroll outside and buy anything you want.
I'll give 3 out of 5 stars

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I am here on a business trip and it is a modern style hotel. I was told it was built 3 years ago, and the rooms are small but for 45-60 bucks for a night it is a good deal. Don't expect Hilton sized rooms or cuisine but I am enjoying the free wifi and the essentials. If you go to London you pay about 5x as much and get less... if you are used to Euro Hotel rooms you will be right at home.

Estoy aqui en un viaje de negocio y este hotel se parece estilo moderno. Me dijeron que lo construyieron hace 3 anos. Los habitiaciones son pequenas pero a 45-60USD es un bueno compra. Si piensas que las habitaciones son grandes vas a ver que no, pero si estas acostumbrado a los hoteles de Europa estaria como en casa. Si fuera Londres pagarias 5x mas este costo.

Room Tip: I do not know if they have a pool or fitness center
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Subtech117
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for his US interview. The first time we were there it was wonderful! He's been back a couple times since because of other visa reasons. While we were staying there I thought the best was comfy, but the room was small. I suppose if you ask for a double bed the room will be much bigger. The bathroom was also pretty big which was nice. I liked that they hair air condition and heat available in the room. They also provided an ironing setup but it wasn't located in the room. It was down the hall.
They have a buffet available for breakfast for a fee, but wasn't my favorite selection of food. They do offer other foods for purchase like snacks, and bar drinks. I loved the location, and because of the great location this is our choice of hotel. It is walking distance to the medical exam, and interview. It was across the street from the mall, and restaurants! Everything you need while there is within 5 minutes walking.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 double beds are bigger than one double bed.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CD101_11
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Stayed 3 nights for my visa appointment. Really close to Clinics, Embassy and ASC. I really recommend this hotel for embassy business. Rooms a bit on the small side but that was perfect for me since I was by my self. I really recommend using Expedia if your coming from the U.S it would save you a lot of money.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Chavarria85
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We booked our stay at ibis for a week, due to my husband having his interview at the consulate. We took our five yr old boy along with us. We arrived at the hotel monday morning, around 4am and we expected to wait in the lobby til it was check in time, but the gentlemen in the lobby was very friendly and asked if we had a reservation, and gave us our card for our room. We were very pleased that he took us in before our reservation time. The staff itself are very friendly, the room is a business expectation fairly small but thats what its designed for. The only problem we constantly had was the card key to the room (note) the same card key operates the elevator. In our stay, we probably had to go to the clerk 5 times. The restaurant in the lobby i would give a 3 1/2. The food is okey, the service is okey, the only good thing is that the snack bar is open 24/7. Transportation they have taxis available, keep an eye open for the prices the taxis should give you, they havr a copy with the receptionist to your view. So make sure u go thru it so the taxis wont try to over charge you, because that did happen to us. Bright side is that everything is walking distance from the hotel. The medical office, restaurants, shopping center, bank, movie theater & the consulate for those that have their interview the walk is 5 min or less. Would i stay again at ibis or recomment it, yes i would, affordable and pleased, make sure you reserve online you'll save more verses paying up front.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
15  Thank espinosa310
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The rooms are disgusting ,there was hair all over the bathroom

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Astrid_baray
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We booked this hotel room for 5 nights and ended up leaving to stay elsewhere! The first issue was that the room they gave us did not have a functioning a/c unit. The gentleman that they sent up did not know how to operate the thermostat and I ended up demanding that they give us another room in which they did. The 2nd issue was that they did not clean our room for 3 days straight. My wife complained to the front desk and she was told to go look for the housekeeping person! We told the front desk that no one could be found and they said they would clean the room the next morning. After arriving back to the room the next afternoon we found that the room was still not cleaned. We had to provide our own toilet paper as the hotel staff could not be depended on. We complained again that the room wasn't cleaned and they only offered to provide us some toilet paper. They again said it would be cleaned and again nothing happened. At that point we left the hotel to stay elsewhere. The 3rd issue was that their card key system doesn't work on the elevators. This was the case with EVERY GUEST that was staying at the hotel. You had to continue to rapidly swipe your card to finally get the elevator to work. It didn't matter which elevator you used as they both had the same problem. The card keys did however work fine on the room doors. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone and will NEVER visit it again. The only positive thing was that the room was $36 per night. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Skip the hotels and get yourself an apartment. We did and it was well worth it. Our money was far...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business