LQ Hotel by La Quinta Cd Juarez Near US Consulate
US$65
US$62
Maria Bonita Consulado Americano(Ciudad Juarez)
US$101
US$91
Hotels.com
US$77
US$74
Hotel Mesaluna(Ciudad Juarez)
US$69
Hotel Colonial(Ciudad Juarez)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$39
US$64
US$61
US$72
US$70
Hotel Plaza Juarez(Ciudad Juarez)
US$96
US$62
US$92
US$90
Hotel Conquistador Inn By US Consulate(Ciudad Juarez)(Great Value!)
US$59
All reviewsfront deskfree breakfastshuttle driverfree shuttlebeansdelicious breakfast every morningexercise roomgreat place to stayroom was spacioushour securitymexican restaurantyogurtgood luckchilaquilesfelt safeimmigrationinterview
FilterAll languages
A La Quinta traveler
Nogales, Mexico
Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a very clean hotel at a decent price and the staff are very friendly...would definitely stay again .. stayed a week while in juarez for an appointment at the consulate.. was very happy we picked this hotel !

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tiamadia
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I think everyone has expectancies for every hotel. Mine depend on the number of stars, the location and the reviews at Tripadvisor.
For a 3 star hotel, I expect a clean hotel, with every thing functioning, free wi fi, have a "so so" breakfast and have a decent customer service. Of course this is Juarez, but I stills expected all of those, maybe not a modern hotel like Courtyards or a Hyatt Place, but at least cheap.
But this hotel is considered the best hotel in Juarez, and I did expected a bit more.

Check in / Check out
For the check in, the lady had to see my reservation (haven't seen that since .. ever), and had to wait for her manager to come. Still she was very courteous and explained how the breakfast functions but did not explained the transportation service the hotel had.
Since I paid my full trip during the check in, there was no check out, which is great.
4.2 out of 5

Room
Uhm.. Recently I have stayed at 3 star hotels in small cities, all in the States, and they al offer "new" rooms. Or at least they look more modern than this one.
The room had many, many details. First of all, why is the room green! It looks so much older and cheaper. Manager: you should consider re-decor the room (in the near future) with lighter colors. Also, the carpet was kind of wet, and seemed not so clean. The tv was small but decent. Yet, the TV guide was inaccurate, they were lacking some tv channels.
I got a room in the first floor, so my view was the parking lot, which takes away all the privacy!
The beds weren't very comfortable. I didn't expect the best beds, but even the the Hampton Inns offer super good beds.
The bathroom was ok, the shower was nicer, nothing special.
But my two biggest complaints were the door and the AC.
The door didn't closed well, you had to push it. And I saw many unlocked doors in the hallway, which is super dangerous. The other problem was the AC, it didn't functioned. Temperatures are well over the 90s, the hotel is in the low 80s but the room was in the mid 80s with some humidity. It didn't matter how cold you would the AC, it simply didn't cool room. That's a really downside to me.
3 is supposed to be average.
So I give a 2.8 out of 5 points

Amenities
(Pool, business center, gym, Internet, transportation, store)

The pool is a nice addition, specially because it's a destination hotter (literally) than the average destination. It was well maintained, and the chairs around looked nice. It's not that large, but the right size for the kind of the hotel. There is also a jacuzzi but with a 100 C temperature I wasn't going to get inside.
The business center is "so-so". It had two computers and one printer, which is fine. But they are old, they run on Windows Xp which is pretty slow and most of the websites such as Gmail, can't be uploaded correctly.
I didn't used the gym, but it looked good, spacey but not that cold, which can be a problem for many people.
The Internet... Well, it's free, right? But it didn't functioned well. There are several modems near our room, but it was impossible for us to connect in there. In the lobby we could, but at times I got disconnected and was told a computer with the same IP address was using the same internet. Sometimes it was fast, some times it was very slow. They should try and fix it.
They offer a van which usually takes people to the airport (after 12) and the American consulate, but they can take you other places, you just have to make reservations. Even though the van takes people to the airport after 12, they were nice to take us before.
The store it's ridiculous. There is a fridge and a microwave in the room, but almost no food to buy. The have some juices, unhealthy snacks, and toiletries, and everything more expensive than in a local store. Juarez is a dangerous city where people aren't really happy about walking in the street, they should have sandwiches or cereals (with milk!), or light snacks.

Anyways, the transportation did saved me 15 USD, I was able to print and use the pool, but I had to use my cellphone Internet, which wasn't very fast and I had no dinner as I didn't want to leave the hotel during the night.

3.8 out of 5

Breakfast

The breakfast, one of the most important things in these hotels. To be brief, I didn't like it. There was cereal, some bread, bananas, apples, scramble eggs, juices and molletes. Now, for many of you is more than enough, but the quality wasn't great. What happened with the machine of "do yourself some waffles"? The orange juice was very very artificial. The eggs were nice. There should be more variety.
3.6 out of 5

Price
For my dates hotels in Juarez ranged from 34 to 94 USD. But the majority ranged from 50-75 USD. I got a pretty good deal at 64 USD per night, which wasn't that cheap for the city, but I thought "well it's the best hotel in Juarez". Still for what I got the rate was great. That breakfast could have easily cost me 30 USD (we were 3), plus the transportation (15 USD). So I paid very little for the room and the pool.
Now I wouldn't mind in paying 75-80 USD if the room was more modern.
4.2 out of 5

Overall

The service was fine, the hotel amenities were good, location was too, but the room was not good, not for "the best hotel in Juarez". Would I stay here again? If I have another great rate, then mostly yes, but I would probably try another one.

I give this hotel 3 points because overall it wS an average 3 star hotel.
Still, I do recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Oscar A
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were traveling with a group from our church and found the LaQuinta Inn to be a most excellent find. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. All the modern amenities you would want - comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, hot showers.

The complimentary breakfast was very good - cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurt and my favorite, mango juice. They had a variety of hot dishes that changed each morning. Waffles and toast were available upon request.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff spoke English and Spanish.

The swimming pool and hot tub were well maintained. The water - even in the middle of July - was always cold.

The hotel was very secure - gated and walled all around.

Lots of restaurants and stores within easy walking or driving. The S Mart just down the street was a great grocery store - very upscale.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank AdventuresinOdyssey
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had reserved 2 queen size beds, but found them to be on the small size, so i upgraded to a junior suite quite easily thanks to hotel staff. Considering i was there for 5 days, it was a great decision.
I loved that they changed the breakfast menu every day, so there was a variety. The staff were very courteous, and their constant shuttle service is so helpful. 24 hour guard and gate is a plus - staff takes it very seriously. Hotel was very clean, staff so very helpful and pool and jaccuzzi just great. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family