“Still my choice in Cualiacan”

Hotel Lucerna Culiacan
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Culiacan
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The years don’t seem to pass by this hotel, it is a classic to me already and is kept in very good shape. Service is good, nice views of the river through the window, nice rooms, fitness center and location. The Panama restaurant is right next door, to me (and many others) the best restaurant for breakfasts and suppers. The mall is also next door. Food is good too.

Room Tip: Get one with the windows facing the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Air Condition in Culiacan is a win win!!! Great food, nice staff. The people here are very humble and assist you with what ever you wish. Pools and the gym for when you need it. Turn down services and nice beds with tv. Around a great location to go out on the night.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in México and this is one of the nicest places I have stayed at. WiFi on every floor just next store to the Panamá restaurant clean nice afordable. Also short walk into the down town are of Culican. We felt very safe considering all of the publicity recently given to the city.
We will definetly be staying at The Lucerna in The future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We drove much further than anticipated and went to Culiacan only because it was dark! It is not a good idea to travel at night in Mexico. We had always been afraid to go to the city, but we felt very safe. The staff spoke English too, what a surprise. The room had a balcony with a great view of this lovely city and the pool. We loved this city and this hotel. It is pricy, but once in awhile, we retirees need a good splurge and this was ours! We were totally satisfied with this wonderful hotel. The only reason I didn't give it a straight 5 stars is that it took us awhile to find it and the
room cost was twice what we had paid previously, but at night and exhausted, we were so glad
to go here, before heading for our second home in Guadalajara.

Culiacan is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen. It is in the state of Sineloa, which is
the prettiest state in Mexico in my opinion.

Room Tip: We always like the lowest level rooms, but that is definitely a personal choice, so no special reco...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I've stay at this hotel at least 10 times, is the most comfortable hotel in Culiacan City. Although, the music from the Bar just on the other sidewalk never let you sleep well, and some of the automatic sensors of the Air Conditioners are not working well.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel would be nice, the food was pretty good for breakfast, and the rooms were decent.

For $110+ USD per night in Culiacan (most expensive hotel in the city, most nights) I would expect a little more.

The biggest problem is the lounge/bar has an outdoor area, and every night during my 3 night stay a Mariachi Band Played, or a DJ with club style music. I was exhausted the day I arrived, tried to sleep at 9:30, but the noise coming from outside right along the edge of the building was too much. I called down to the front desk, nothing they could do. The next night, same thing starting at 10pm and going until 2am, and again last night. I could feel the base vibrating through the floor and walls from the DJ's set up.

I am getting ready to check out, and I don't plan on staying at this hotel again. Strictly because of the noise, and how it impaired my sleep. Which was the only thing I really needed the hotel for.

I chose the hotel, because of the high ratings on here, and the consciences that this was the safest hotel in Culiacan, Sinaloa. The pool looks very nice, but that wasn't why I was here, and was unable to use it. When I return next time to visit, I will look for a property that will allow me to get some sleep.

I would have given this property 4 out of 5 if it weren't for the noise, and the complete lack of care, or attempt to rectify the problem for me.

Room Tip: Ask the desk for a quiet room, if one actually exists at this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mspreh
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I defently would come back to this Hotel on my next time visiting my Family. The room are nice with comfortable beds. It is closed to a shopping center and famous restaurant in town next door. I'm glad we stayed there.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family