“Clean and Safe”

LQ Hotel by La Quinta Monterrey Centro
Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Monterrey
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel May 23-27,2013. Chose this hotel because I wanted to be near the center of city, while also being in a Monterrey neighborhood. The location is perfect approx a 10 min walk through the central shopping area, where you can find almost anything, to the Macroplaza and museum campus. The hotel is a bit older but service from staff was excellent, everything we required from a business hotel this hotel accommodated. The lobby is large and clean and we checked in under 10 mins. There was no help with luggage but we had carryon luggage so it was not a big deal. I did like that one needs a key in order for the elevator to function. So it felt a bit more secure knowing that only guests could access each floor. There is no air conditioning in the hallways but there is air conditioning in the rooms. We had a room on the 9th floor and it was clean and orderly, the bathrooms were very clean and I felt very comfortable staying there as cleanliness is a big plus for me. We ordered room service one evening and I liked the fact that there was a card on the tray stating that when you were done to call room service for them to pick up the empty tray. We did and they did. I hate seeing dirty trays full of food in hallways and with no air conditioning at this hotel I get why they ask this. This also was a plus for me. We also had breakfast both the buffet and ala carte. Both had good healthy food choices in Mexican food and well known american comfort food. We also had drinks in the bar area of the hotel which had it's own bar menu and again good bar food choices. The seating area in the bar was very comfortable and there were plenty of TV's with games on. Staff was also open to anything I wanted to watch. While we did not have lunch or dinner we did look at the menu and again excellent choices for both. We also loved the free WiFi that was on through the entire building so if you were in your room, lobby, cafe or bar area WiFi was on ! I used to stay at their sister hotel Fiesta Americana Centro but I'm now thinking that Fiesta Inn may be the better choice. I would stay here again on a future trip.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the elevators the end of the hall is best but not the end of the hall w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Have good will but the rooms are old and the restaurant need to scale up, the prices for the food seems to be cheap but the selection is also...so is just fare...some of the people understand the meaning of service but some not. Is a good choice but just standard...I make a mistake to reserve the room from expedia...big mistake they did not send me an invoice, for a companie traveler that kills...

Room Tip: Ask for the frecuent travelers floor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

they didnt uptaded anything and kind of smells of old and when you walk in the carpet with socks they turned out black... So not very clean right? But the staff is really nice and the channels on tv are great... Its just beside the Whirlpoll building here im San Pedro Garza Garcia

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The staff is pretty friendly, but the hotel needs some work, first of all there are no elevator from the parking, we stay at the ninth floor and the carpet from hall to room is old and looks like dirty, no ac at the hallway, so you know that kind of feeling, the room is clean but you can hear any time the neighboor is taking a shower, there's a lot of vehicle traffic so the whole noise gets you sooner or later, i'm not coming back, for the same price i recommend you the hotels in Lazaro Cardenas Avenue, much more newer and better.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2010

The hotel is great located. Right now, you can visit a lot of places near downtown and stay here.
Good price and overall a great deal to get.
You have a good Wifi internet connection, nice bed and good for business or just a few hours of sleeping. I would recommend to everyone. It is a pretty good place to stay in Monterrey.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pabloivan
Reviewed 6 October 2009

it looks nice inside good service, pool, and weight room

Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I reserved two nights at the Fiesta Inn for a business conference in Monterrey on the internet. Swine flu irrupted and led to the cancellation of my conference. I immediately sent email and attempted via telephone to cancel my reservation. They neither answered my email. When I called the front desk to explain that due to a natural disaster I needed to cancel my reservation, they asked me to call another number where no one ever picked up the phone. Now, I am being charged $350 for a hotel stay I never made. Let this passive aggressive customer service be a warning to you. DO NOT STAY AT THE FIESTA INN.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank rumberayhija
Travellers also viewed these Monterrey hotels
LQ Hotel by La Quinta Monterrey Norte
Mision Monterrey Centro Historico
Hotel Antaris Galerias
Hotel Antaris Galerias
#64 of 96 in Monterrey

Been to LQ Hotel by La Quinta Monterrey Centro? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about LQ Hotel by La Quinta Monterrey Centro

Address: Avenida Jose Maria Pino Suarez 1001, Monterrey 64000, Mexico (Formerly Fiesta Inn Monterrey Centro)
Region: Mexico > Northern Mexico > Nuevo Leon > Monterrey
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Monterrey
Price Range: £51 - £72 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — LQ Hotel by La Quinta Monterrey Centro 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your LQ Hotel by La Quinta Monterrey Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.