“Once again impressed”

Quality Inn Monterrey La Fe
Ranked #42 of 97 Hotels in Monterrey
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I just recently stayed at La Fe as a returning guest for a total of three nights and I was again very satisfied with the state of the hotel, the rooms, and the service. I got the airport pickup again, and how nice it was to see a familier face at the airport! The rooms got all ammenities you will need for a short to medium stay, I made use of the ironing board and in- room coffee maker this time, the bed (I had kingsize) was very comfortable with two choices of pillows (soft and firm).
Holiday Inn La Fe is my first choice of staying in the San Nicolas/ Guadalupe area. Although there not many businesses around (just a 7-11 across the road) the area seems reasonably safe.

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor face a roof just outside the rooms' window. I don't know if one can...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dirk0602

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I stayed La Fe for a couple of nights and pre-booked a room and airport pickup. Due to my flight having been excessively delayed, I phoned Holiday Inn Guest Service to cancel the first night and airport shuttle. Although confirmed by the agent, nothing got relayed to the hotel in Monterrey, so the reservation was kept and the driver was sent to the airport.
Once I got there the next morning, airport pick-up and check-in went smoothly.
The room was more than adequate, with a comfortable kingsize bed, a desk with office chair and an armchair with foot rest. The TV-set needs upgrading perhaps. Bathroom was clean and the shower held the water pressure well with hot and cold water. An ice machine can be found at the stairwell. They've got good WiFi connection throughout the hotel, I was in fourth floor, and the signal was strong. Just ask for an access code at check-in.
In my room, the air-condition was a bit temperamental, sometimes it worked, at other time it didn't. After reporting it to the front desk, a technician came and left, the aircon still would work reliably. I contemplated asking for another room, but then couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
There is a breakfast buffet with hot and cold dishes, which I can highly recommend. It's not included in the room rate, but at 60 pesos, you cannot argue.
The hotel offers an indoor pool and a small fitness area, but both didn't look very inviting at my inspection.
There's not much worth seeing around the hotel, so factor in some pesos for various cab rides.
On check-out, I was astonished to hear that there is no airport shuttle on Sundays, but the friendly staff booked me a taxi which got me there at lightning speed for 250 pesos, which is a bit steep, but who wants to miss a flight over that?!
Overall, despite the minor hick-ups, it was a pleasant stay, with friendly hotel staff and I can recommend staying there.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This hotel is really good, I would recommend it very much.
Great service, and a really good location, only 10- 15 minutes from
Airport. Free WiFi. Tuesdays - thursdays the staff makes a really good
barbecue on the Terrace for dinner. That´s a real plus for me.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I visit Monterrey frequently but only discovered this hotel for my last 3 stays. The location is great it is between downtown monterrey and the airport. The staff has always been very friendly and hotel is kept very clean. Breakfast is awesome, they have two cooks there making eggs however you like and they have a variety of foods to choose from.
The one complaint I did have were the beds, they were not comfortable a bit hard. I did not notice that the first time I stayed there, so the second time around I asked if I could be moved to another room with a softer bed, but was told that all the bed were the same. I filled out the survey before checkout, on my own, was not told to do so, and I did recommend they get softer beds. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank allycici
Reviewed 27 November 2008

Although this hotel is listed as an airport location, it is a good 10-15 minutes from the airport. The good news is that there is a shuttle, and even better, the driver was waiting for me when I arrived at the airport (waiting outside parked). Tip - be sure to call the day before to the hotel and book the shuttle. Then they'll be there when you arrive if you give them your flight time. Otherwise you could have quite a way. The check in staff are pleasant. Restaurant on site is adequate however, nothing special at all. Internet access is available at the hotel, and they have a small business centre with free internet and printers. The rooms are average, but the pillows and bed leave a lot to be desired. Tip - like man European hotels, you need to insert your room key in a slot just inside your room door to make the light fixtures work. This hotel is okay, and I'm not sure how it compares to others at Monterrey airport, but for one night I think it will be okay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank galileocan
Reviewed 29 July 2008

I found the front desk staff very helpful and efficient.

The shuttle for the hotel always arrived at the time they promised and left puntually on time.

The rooms were clean and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank AussieCosy
Reviewed 6 April 2007

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn La Fe three times. The rooms are very nice. The second time I stayed there, I was asked to complete a survey on a computer screen at checkout. When I told them I couldn't complete the survey since it was all in Spanish, I was told I had to in order to check out. When I started asking the clerk what each question was, she got mad at me and checked me out.
The third and last time I stayed there, I was looking forward to a king size bed that I had reserved. I was given a twin size. When I went to try to change my room, the clerk told me, with a smirk, that they were sold out for the night. I told the clerk that, as a platinum member, I didn't appreciate my room being given to someone else. Her revenge was a 12:50 am phone call with a story about someone had asked for my room key but didn't know my name and if I had given permission to someone who doesn't know my name, to get a room key. At first they told me that they had given a key to the person, then they said they didn't. I didn't sleep too well after that.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business