“Stayed 4 times, Always good”

Four Points by Sheraton Galerias Monterrey
Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Monterrey
Ross on Wye
“Stayed 4 times, Always good”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I've stayed here 4 times now, and the hotel has NEVER disappointed.
The rooms are Big, Clean, with good facilities.
There isn't a massive selection for breakfast, but it is good enough, well presented, and the staff are friendly and efficient.
The Sierra Madre next door is excellent for food and drink, with another restaurant the other side of the hotel, the name of which eludes me now.
The hotel has its own bridge across the freeway to the shopping centre for which you need your room key to enter.
Overall Very Good ;-)

Room Tip: Use the Sierra Madre next door for a bite to eat ;-)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Considering that is a mid-scale brand, this place is just fine. A bit over priced the reason can be that is the "best" hotel in the area. Most of the stays are one night, so get ready that thousands of people had sleep, use the bath and overall the room before you. The quality of linens, towels and bath toiletries is mediocre. The breakfast is fair enough. The wifi works flawlessly. The service is nothing to be proud of.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

The location is great with proximity to restaurants, shopping center, movie theaters, and supermarkets. The rooms are decorated from some years ago and some furniture shows aging. The mini-fridge is very convenient if the temperature was right. All beverages were kept cool and not cold. The main issue with my room was the noise. The AC is old and it is loud when it is on and the windows do not isolate the street noise, so you hear cars and a train from a near distance.
The biggest disappointment was to found that my room rate was significantly different from my travel agency reservation ( $60+/night) and I did not realize that until I performed the exchange rate to dollars since bill was in MXP. Unfortunately it was too late (one day after I returned to US). Watch for that and ask the room rate charged in Dollars equivalent. That makes this hotel poor in value compared to a high rate from an original reserved rate.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kfex
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Hotel was decent. I found water stains in the bathroom ceiling. I was surprised on the amount of noise you get inside the room from the hallway, next door room and street.
Their location is convenient, they have Sierra Madre Breweing next door and a bridge that connects the hotel to Plaza Galerias.
Service was as expected.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Reviewed 24 June 2013

hotel is decent.
there was a very good service for reservation by phone. that was pleasant.
entering the rooms : all ok at first sight
(the design, was not my favourite at all - all in brownish, colours (like the 70´s style) - only the orange was missing.
second sight: bathroom had some cleaning issues, soap was missing, and the eclectric connection for hairdryer did not work.
For some reason : I could not shut the curtains of the window (sleep was effected)
ovarall: for myself, for the next trip to Monterrey (my reasons are mostly business), I would not go back to the Four Point, but many people seem to like it, since the hotel was fairly booked (and a lot of events taking place also),
you have a beer factory next door, and a mall across the street (the hotel has a direct access, even.).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
seattle
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I am staying at this for a total of 12 days. I have been here for 4 days and I really wish I would have picked a different hotel. Here are the issues so far:

1. No ice in any of the machines on the floors. Need to call for ice all the time. My room has fridge but it doesn't keep items cool at all.
2. This is a hotel for locals, not for tourists or business travelers. The hotel is packed all the time with locals using the pool and hanging in the front lobby. I am not talking about 4-5 people. I am talking 15-20 people in the lobby that only seats 12 most of the day.
3. Happy Hour is suppose to be from 7-8 everyday. In the last 4 days it has actually happened only twice. Kind of funny when I asked today at 7:45 they said it was already over. But they actually never put it out. Because it was not there at 7, or 7:30 either.
4. Rooms are run down and frankly dirty. I would not dare walk on the carpet with socks or barefoot. I plan to toss the sandals after this trip the floor is so dirty. Light has been out in one lamp the whole time. AC did not work the first day. And now that it works it is so loud that you can't sleep.
5. This is not anywhere close to the Sheraton standards.
6. Staff is lazy. I don't expect much except basic service and honest answers. I am not sure this hotel has those things on their to-do-list daily.

I have tipped the maid generously everyday, tips the staff for helping me...but I guess somethings will not change.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank burger544
Glen Mills, PA
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I and my husband and my daughter and my son-in-law traveled to Monterrey to seek a medical opinion. We chose this particular hotel, because it was the only totally smoke-free hotel offered in Monterrey. We were not disappointed. The rooms were comfortable and adequate, with two queen-size beds in each room. I believe that all the rooms have queen beds. The room was very clean and well-kept. Our rooms had a microwave and small refrigerator, as well as a safe. Each day we were provided with two small bottles of complimentary water, which was very much appreciated. Our rooms were very quiet; we were assigned to the 12th floor. At check in time, I explained that my daughter was ill and requested a more "quiet" floor. The hotel was filled to capacity, I believe. Nevertheless, we were assigned to one of the higher floors, which were especially quiet! I also had asked for a bath chair at the time I made the reservations by phone through Sheraton's toll free number. The chair was available, and there was no additional charge for it.

Each staff member that we met was exceptionally accommodating. I particularly appreciated the help from the cheerful young woman who served as the hostess in the dining area for the complimentary breakfast provided each day of our visit. Her name is Delia. I approached her for some help or guidance in using the vending machine which provided tokens for the washer and dryer. She went out of her way to help me. First she reached into her own wallet to provide me with the proper coins that I needed to insert in the vending machine. Then she walked me to the laundry area, while another employee took her place at the dining area. With her limited English, she walked me through the steps of using the machines. Then remarkably, she told me that her name was Delia, and she said that she was available for me if I had any further difficulties. What a pleasant surprise!

I mentioned the laundry facility --- a washer and dryer located on the second floor. We stayed for four nights, so the laundry facility was very helpful. The indoor pool is also located on the second floor, but we did not use this amenity. The buffet-style breakfast is also located on the second floor. We very much enjoyed the buffet each morning. The coffee was always freshly brewed and delicious. The fresh cut up fruit was phenomenal (honey dew mellon, watermelon, cantaloupe, some fresh pineapple, and sweet papaya). The hot dishes were varied each day, and we got to enjoy some Mexican breakfast dishes along with Delia's warm smile and greeting each morning.

My daughter and son-in-law needed to check out a day in advance of our reservation requirements, so that my daughter could be admitted to the hospital. Although my daughter was not able to give much notice, the hotel did not penalize us for giving up one of our rooms a day earlier than we originally planned.

All in all, our stay was very comfortable, secure, and pleasant. We used taxi service five or six times without any problems. We used the bridge from the second floor of the hotel to access the mall across the street. We also walked across the street to the large grocery store to purchase several jugs of water for our stay. The area feels safe and secure, the people are exceptionally friendly and helpful and very gracious, too. We would definitely stay here again, if we return to Monterrey.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the more likely it will be quiet (as told to us by the staff at the reception...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business