“Safe hotel”

Hotel Marques de Cima
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Nogales
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The room was outdated but clean enough. Nice hot shower, though the water leaked out of the stall. I would stay here again because I felt safe. The security guards were always patrolling. I also liked how from the room I got I could have my car right nearby. I had my truck loaded but felt that it was safe. To me, feeling that sense of security is most important. When I checked in, the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. However, when I checked out, I was helped by a grouchy man, unfortunately an unpleasant way to end the trip. Nevertheless, I will not let his attitude bother me and keep me from staying at this affordable hotel the next time I stay in Nogales.

Room Tip: Third floor was great for watching over my car!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aaron G
Carlos J, Manager at Hotel Marques de Cima, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Hello Mr. Aron,
We wish to express our gratitude for taking the time to write your review and share your experiences with all of our potential and regular guests as well as with us. In Hotel Marques De Cima we strongly believe that our guest comments give us the opportunity in a very definite and accurate way to better ourselves, while at the same time providing us the opportunity to actively interact with all of our regular and future guests.
We wanted to let you know that we are very happy you found the hotel safe and comfortable. We also wanted to let you know that unfortunately it looks like you were assigned one of our older (not remodeled) rooms during your stay with us. Although we are planning are re-modeling of our single one-bed rooms for later this year, all of our double bed rooms have been updated since 2010. When you come back please feel free to contact me to arrange a better room for you, I will be more than happy to ensure you get the room that is perfect for you.
I also want to share with you that we are very sorry you had a bad experience with one of our employees upon your check out. We take our service standards very seriously when it comes to guest interaction and constantly train our staff to be better at it. Unfortunately, human nature sometimes take the best of us and we do not realize it until it is a little late. I just wanted to let you know we shared your comment with our employee and it helped us make him aware of this area of improvement opportunity he has. It really helped him understand the impact he creates on guests and has committed to improving this, and I truly believe he will. He was very grateful for your input.
We hope to see you soon back with us and please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help make your stay even better.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Returned again for a long weekend visit with family from Sinaloa; August 15th - August 17th. Accommodations included clean spacious room, good AC, strong shower, secured parking, central location, and also, a good family restaurant right across the street. The best value is the genuine attention and service by the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LMtortugas
Carlos J, Manager at Hotel Marques de Cima, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

It’s always pleasing and reassuring to receive great comments like this one. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, our services but most of all our staff’s service. We work really hard to keep and maintain a high level of guest service satisfaction. Hearing from our own guests that our work gets us results motivates us to keep trying even harder. We thank you for taking the time to not only let us know what we are doing right but also shearing with other potential guests the outcome of our efforts. Your invested time in writing these words are of great value to many. Please be sure that we will continue working to exceed our expectations in order to obtain even better results with the clear focus and emphasis on our reason for existing, our guests.
Please feel free to contact me upon or even prior to your next visit to ensure another wonderful experience for you and your family. Again thank you for your confidence and time.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I came from phoenix with my wife and little son for our visa stamping to nogales and stayed in marques de cima hotel because of my friend who already stayed here for the same purpose. I came up with minimal expectation. But these guys helped me beyond the expectations.

Best Points #
1) Couple of people in motel staff was able to speak english (Carlos - Motel Manager, Neyra - receptionist) who can help you during your stay.
2) Carlos is very very nice, cool and friendly guy who helped me a LOT during my journey, provided excellent support and allowed me to used his perosnal office and provided me a special internet facility (ethernet cable) to work from there for my client. Carlos is an awesome guy, really thanksful to him. Great man.
3) Motel Staff was very friendly, patience and polite. Neyra and team can help you very well.
4) Rooms are very good, clean with regualar maintenance.
5) 100% Best secured place in Nogales and close to your needs (consulate, food courts, DHL, ASC, Malls, walmart etc)
6) Carlos is planning to extend facilities in front office by providing desktop with printer for guests usage (great idea).

Simply I can say the BEST & #1 hotel to stays in Nogales. Beleive me It's my experience with family and little kid. Don't miss it if you plan to visit Nogales.

Room Tip: Whole Hotel is awesome and the BEST choice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Carlos J, Manager at Hotel Marques de Cima, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Hello Mr. Sitaram,
It was certainly a pleasure to have met you and your wonderful family. We are very glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything worked out so well for you on your trip. We hope to see you again soon and if you need any further assistance with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us, we are always glad to help. Have a wonderful day :)

Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

We came to US consulate in Nogales, from Mexicali in Baja, the hotel is full of police, they even have an exclusive parking spot, we requested an iron, and they ask you for a deposit for $200.00 pesos, and $100.00 for remote control, the premisses have NO elevator, will never stay here again, rooms are old, carpet, bed unconfortable too

• Stayed: April 2013
Carlos J, Manager at Hotel Marques de Cima, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for your comments and for your observations regarding our hotel rooms. We are aware of the condition of some of our rooms and we are in the process of renovating them. We are sorry to know you were given one of the older rooms; we are currently using those rooms only when our hotel is fully booked. We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future and to offer you the comfort of the room you expect.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I went to Nogales for a medical appointment and found the staff at the Hotel Marques de Cima to be very professional and helpful. I called before leaving Scottsdale and made reservations and was given a discount. The hotel is not right in downtown Nogales but it is less than 10 minutes away. The hotel is safe and patrolled. It is comparable to a nice Motel 6 in the states. I wish they had snacks available for sale on the premises. The room was adequate. Lots of hot water. Cable with movie channels. Wi-fi was a bit slow but worked. Bed a bit stiff and the pillows too hard. So next time I will bring my own. With the money I saved at this hotel I was able to buy more meds that I needed. I recommend it if you want a nice place to stay at an affordable price and you don't mind being 10 minutes away from the center of town.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AndroideSanin
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Have traveled Mexico from all corners but never have stayed in Nogales. Without sufficient planning I needed a room and stayed at this facility based solely upon tripadvisor reviews.The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable.The hotel has free wifi, private parking, security, and is centrally located. Service was prompt and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LMtortugas
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here on business last month and I had a pleasurable stay. The rooms were nice and comfortable, and very quiet. The free wifi was great, specially for work and streaming movies and such. There was also plenty of parking, and there seemed to be a security guard every night. The staff was nice and efficient, and prompt. The only downside, 5 floors and no elevator.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the 1st or 3rd floors, both have rooms you can just drive too with no stairs, also...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank znugz
Carlos J, Manager at Hotel Marques de Cima, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Hello,
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We want to let you know we are working hard in providing all the services our guest demand and hope to accomplish this in the timeliest manner. We thank you for choosing Hotel Marques De Cima on your recent visit to Nogales and hope to see you back with us again. Please feel free to call in advance and ask for me to ensure you get a room in the first or 3rd floor on your next visit.
Carlos Jimenez R
Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nogales
Fray Marcos De Niza
Hotel San Carlos
Hotel San Carlos
#6 of 7 in Nogales
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites

Been to Hotel Marques de Cima? Share your experiences!