“Good for business travel”

Quality Inn & Suites Saltillo Eurotel
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Saltillo
Austin, Texas
“Good for business travel”
Reviewed 28 July 2008

I recently stayed 5 days at the American Eurotel in Saltillo on business. The rooms were nice in the style of typical American hotel chains. The service was excellent, the breakfast good (included in the room cost) and the hotel meet my needs for business. The air conditioning worked well, the water plentiful and hot, the room quiet and the beds comfortable (all surprisingly good for Mexico hotels). All that said, the hotel lacks character, style and closeness to the central district (cab ride, too far to walk). Nothing special, but then again nothing surprising. Good choice for business travel without the ned for anything extra.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 November 2005

The hotel was not bad by Mexican standards but for the price they charge one can get a regular hotel room anywhere in the USA or Canada for a fraction of the cost. Not recommended if you want a good deal.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2005

I would give my experience only 2 out of 5, but I want to be fair to those looking for a room. I think normally, it would be a 3 out of 5 considering the location, but I am a little perturbed by the service. I don't know if I can attribute this to the staff or to the chain itself, but I am starting to lean toward the latter. I have made a complaint via email, and still haven’t heard a word (4 days).

Anyway, I made the reservation through Holiday Inn’s web site, and booked a king size, non-smoking room. It is important to note that I would have incurred a $25 fee to cancel the room. It took the Hotel over 30 minutes to find me a room at all, and only a smoking 2 double bed room. I was on vacation with my wife, so that really wasn’t acceptable. As they say, they know how to take the reservation, but not how to hold it.

Other complaints were as follows:
I made the reservation in dollars, and they charged me in pesos an amount that will never equal the quoted price given the current exchange rate.
The pool water was dirty, and the pool was not kept up (this seems to be a trend with American Chains in Mexico).
There was a lot of noise (people banging on the door at 3am for 30 minutes). That could happen anywhere.

The room itself was pretty nice, the beds were comfortable, and they had a neat self serve lock box. The bathrooms were clean, if not a bit old. The hotel staff is reasonably friendly if you are in the United States, but considering we were in Mexico, I would say it was below par.

If I went to Saltillo again, and didn’t want to stay in one of the downtown options, I would stay here since I know what to expect, and it is the only nice American chain that is reasonable close to the downtown area (about 5-10 mins via cab). The cab ride will cost about $20-$30 pesos (2-3 USD). There are also numerous restaurants close by, and they have a business center where you can use the internet.

• Stayed June 2005
10 Thank raderag
Travellers also viewed these Saltillo hotels
Fiesta Inn Saltillo
#14 of 28 in Saltillo
Urdinola Hotel
Urdinola Hotel
#20 of 28 in Saltillo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Saltillo Eurotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn & Suites Saltillo Eurotel

Property: Quality Inn & Suites Saltillo Eurotel
Address: Boulevard Venustiano Carranza 4100 | Col. Virreyes Residencial, Saltillo 25230, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Northern Mexico > Coahuila > Saltillo
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Saltillo
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Quality Inn & Suites Saltillo Eurotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Saltillo Eurotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.