“Good Business Hotel”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Saltillo Airport Area
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Saltillo
“Good Business Hotel”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while traveling to Saltillo for work. Location is fine, this hotel also is located right next to Holiday Inn Express (where I have stayed before) and Peppers Resturant. The room was fine with flat screen television, fridge, desk area for work but a loud old style air conditioning unit. Very nice workout facility with enough space. Great managers reception every night that provided nice snacks and drinks each evening along with free breakfast in the morning. Liked the rooms better at Holiday Inn, but liked everything else better here, workout area and managers reception each night. Would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dgprouty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle, WA, USA
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a decent hotel to stay at in Saltillo if you are there on business. They hotel rooms are comfortable, though some minor problems (a small rip in the curtain). Internet access is free. There is a breakfast in the morning that is free too. The exercise room is well equipped. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DanSeattleWA
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was required to travel to Saltillo, Mexico on business in the heat of August. I asked some friends where to stay that was safe, clean and near the manufacturing area. After my inquiries the suggestion was the Hampton Inn Saltillo Airport. The hotel welcomes Americans and makes it convenient to stay and relax. The breakfast is a nice mix of traditional Mexican, typical American breakfast food and the coffee is also good. The workout room is well equipped and there have bottle water there to drink as well. They also offer an evening reception at 6:30 that has some light food, soda and Tecate beer. The hotel is also located within walking distance of a nice restaurant called La Casa Del Caballo which has great smoked brisket. Diner and a few drinks will cost you about $45. There is also a restaurant next door to the hotel that is similar to TGIF Fridays and dinner will cost about $25. The hotel is reasonably clean, they provide two bottles of water per day and the room does have a microwave and small refrigerator. My biggest issue was the AC would not get the room cooler than 74F making it somewhat difficult to sleep. Finally if you have a flight out of Saltillo Airport they have a good process to get out there on time. Note there are no food services at the airport.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better AC.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim H
Guadalajara,Mexico
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Always look forward to a night at this hotel on our way to the border;we travel from Guadalajara and arrive late ,but know what we can expect. The hotel is easy to find and get into and out of. Although mainly used by business people, all the facilities are nice to have.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

alxsilva, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Saltillo Airport Area, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Receive a cordial greeting from all the staff of your hotel Hampton Inn by Hilton Saltillo-Zona Aeropuerto.
I really appreciate the time you take to share your comment about your recent stay with us, and we´re glad to know you were pleased with our service.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us.
Please remember, in Hampton Inn by Hilton Saltillo, if you are not satisfied we don’t expect to you pay. It is our guarantee 100% Hampton.
We’ll be very glad to have you here soon in Hampton Inn by Hilton Saltillo-Zona Aeropuerto.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

2nd time I have booked a King Suite Non-Smoking room. When I first came to look at a king suite they showed me a nice room with a full size refrigerator. I buy food at a grocery store for my extended stays. 1st time I check in the tell no King Suites available (but my reservation is for a king suite non smoking). Told them they only have an hour to find me one. Then they did but it had a tiny refrigerator. Finally after my yelling I got my room. Now this stay... I rold the I would be back in 3 days and booked a king suite non smoking room. Told them make sure I get what I ask and booked. Arrive today only have a stinking smelly king suite SMOKING room! No non smoking king suites availble for 2 days. I guess reservations at Hilton never work. They need a Marriott here... never had a peobkem with them in 2 years of travel.

• Stayed August 2013
I really appreciate the time you take to share your comment about your recent stay with us, I'd like to appologize for the inconvenience that it might cause to you, I'm taking care about the issue that experience in your last stay, and I'll be working with the Front Desk staff, to make sure that it won't happen again.
You can be sure that everybody in this hotel is working very hard to make you feel like home, and if you prefer you can request your reservations by email to recepcion.slwha@fibrainn.mx and we'll take care.

Waterford, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Great hotel for business stay. Good breakfast and after work social. Fitness center was excellent. Pillows were great. Excellent for group business travel, common area was large and well done. Staff was responsive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Saltillo, Mexico
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I recommend this hotel. The Staff is great and very professional and helpful. They address anyquestion in a pretty courtiuos and helpfull. I recommend this hotel. I have stayed in this place most everytime I came to Saltillo on my business trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

alxsilva, Gerente at Hampton Inn by Hilton Saltillo Airport Area, responded to this review, 2 July 2013

You can be sure that everybody in this hotel is working very hard to make you feel like home. You are a valuable guest for us, and also your opinion.