“It was fun!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saltillo
Monterreal Resort Golf Club and Ski
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Saltillo
New York
“It was fun!”
Reviewed 22 December 2009

I have not been to Mexico in over 5 years and when I went my cousins invited me to Monterreal. We had a blast! I'll go back again with my husband...

Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank tsotelo

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2005

We travel to Mexico frequently, at least 2-3 times per year and our vacations have mostly been to the beautiful beaches. This time we wanted to try something different and the idea of skiing in Mexico was enticing. My brother-in-law remembered reading an article on a Ski Resort in Mexico in the paper 3 years ago. So with a few minutes search on the internet, he came across the website, www.monterreal.com At first glance I thought this place was in Canada, snow capped mountains, pine trees and remote log cabins. We planned a weekend stay over the Thanksgiving holiday. The only thing dissapointing was that there was no snow this time of year. The snow falls late December, January, & February. But the tempreture was still very cold 35F - 50F. We traveled with our families, my husband, me and three kids, and my sister's family of also three kids. We stayed in a Rustic log cabin that accomodated our large group. It was really nice. It had all the amenities, including a wood burning fire place, a large gas heater and two electric heater for the bathrooms. The sceanery was breathtaking. The area where we stayed was close to the reception area where all of the activies were held (approx 8000 Ft above sea level), they included skiing, horseback riding, four-wheeling, bike trails and hiking, indoor heated pool, gym, jacuzzi, tennis and baskeball courts and a kids club. Most of the activies were free of charge, others like the skiing, horse riding and fourwheeling were additional but included a guided tour and/or instructor. The golf course was a hike away by car up the mountains approx. 10,000 ft. But once you got to the top, it was worth it. This resort is located about 45 minutes from Saltillo, and about 90 minutes from Monterrey. If you ever want to try something different in Mexico, try this place, I don't know how to compare it to the Ski resorts in Colorado becasue I've never been, but it rates really high for my standards. I bet this would also be a great gett-a-way for couples on anniveraries, but it's also great for kids. I've attached a few photos from our vacation.

23 Thank MSalinas1119