“A timeless & relaxing place!! Beautiful Vintage Hotel with fantastic views!”
Review of Elcano Hotel

Elcano Hotel
Ranked #15 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Visited Mexico City for two weeks and decided to get away & drive to Acapulco with my wife and family! Booked a last minute deal directly with the hotels reception. Because it was low season, I got a bargain deal for two nights and a third night free. The hotel is beautiful, plenty of staff in every direction.
The hotel is older but has kept a classic vintage style of Acapulco in its glory days! A very nice beach that stretches for miles, nice corded off beach area with palapas. Very calm and clean ocean waters. Our visit was short and we spent a good amount of time sight seeing. The majority of guest were older and the atmosphere was very calm and relaxing
The view is phenomenal and apparently every room has the exact same ocean view. This place is a gem!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank AlBad28
There are newer reviews for Elcano Hotel

Reviewed 6 March 2011

Loved this hotel, every room has an ocean/beach view. Super clean and the pool is amazing. Our friends stayed at the Copocabana and they had a dreadful air conditioning view of the building next to them for the same price. wawaaa for them but we where very happy with out stay ! Plus they let us check in at 7am!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sal P
Reviewed 23 January 2011

The resort is right at the edge of the beach. Every suit gets a great view of the pool and ocean. The resort is very well maintained, the beach, pool, etc. are all first choice, the food is top notch (the best of any 'inclusive' we have stayed at in Mexico, Cuba, etc.), the bar is stocked with quality inventory (unusual for an 'inclusive'), and the staff are dedicate, attentive and professional. It is a quiter resort, with no issues of noise from adjoining suites, etc. It seemed very safe and secure.

What the resort is not: It is not a brand new or luxurious resort, it is not a huge or noisey resort either, nor are there not a lot of planned activities, etc. Of course, there are seadoos for rent, parasailing rides, trinket vendors, etc. all at the beach. Nightlife is a 5 or 10 minute walk away. There seemed to be plenty of choice of restraunts in the area, although we never tried them.

I can't imagine anyone regretting this choice. It is the kind of place you would feel good about taking your parents to. This place is a gem. We had no regrets in staying here & would be pleased to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duncan200
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I have stayed in the penthouse of this hotel on many occasions and it has always been enjoyable. The hotel is not 5 star but it has everything you need. The rooms are clean big and have an amazing view. I would throughly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank expatmexico
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Stayed Feb 28th for 2 nights. There were 4 of us so we had 2 rooms. My sister is disabled and cannot walk so she brought her scooter. The hotel is very handicapped friendly and she was able to get to every part of the hotel with her scooter. The elevators were small but she could still go in with her scooter. She had a handicapped room which was excellent. It would be nice if the they had a raised toilet or adaptable riser which they didn't. However, they brought a very nice open chair for the shower.
I don't know what someone is talking about regarding the towels. They were plentiful, white, and thick. We didn't encounter any dirty napkins, although the restaurant service was somewhat slow. But this is Mexico where just about any restaurant is slow.
The views from the balconies were awesome, beautiful sunsets too! We had a misunderstanding regarding the daily rate, but after some discussion the hotel honored our understanding of the rate. We made reservations directly and never got a confirmation email. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for families with children and couples. It's not flashy as it's among the oldest hotels in Acapulco, but it's quaint and very well located. You can walk to restaurants, etc. The hotels has umbrellas, beach towels, and chairs on the beach and the pool. They have servers taking drinks orders.
We found the staff very accomodating and willing to make our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doctorshrinkVirginia
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Stayed here one night after our Panama Cruise.
Very clean comfortable room. Nautical decor. Very interesting vanity in the bathroom. Good water pressure. No washcloths which I had forgotten might be the case. Didnt bring one because we were on a cruise.
Good closet space with a free safe and good sized balcony with fabulous view
Very very nice public areas for dining.Pool smallish but lots of chairs.. Lonely piano person in the lobby at night..
Didnt eat at this hotel only had drinks at the patio bar. Service there was excellent.
One concern (but this could be common practise in Acapulco)-they wanted our credit card run through and signed but with no amount filled in. However when we protested that and asked for the amount to be filled in they did so. Probably thought we were odd!
Could recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathleenI
Reviewed 6 January 2010

Went here for 2 nights stay. stay in the pent house, nothing so special. luggage arrive almost 1h to our room. I need to call 5 times, and none of them speak english

no water boiler or coffee makers, its sad for this kind of a big and famous hotel. towels looks like it were 10 years ago.

breakfast buffet, they serve all Mexican food. watch out your napkin, even though its a new one and still nicely place in the table, when I opened it, it has a big lipstick stain on mine. I opened my daughters, it has a coffee stains. and my mom's sauces stains. do they really wash all those napkins?

I need a hot water for milks early in the morning, they refuse to get me some, till I scream at them. the hot water it self its like a 90percent water and 10percent coffee. and I paid for 20peso.

the restaurant at the small corridor beside the front desk, I ordered Heineken and they brought me some funny beers, and I tell them this is not what i ordered, they dont care.
Order never came right. Ordered vanilla icecream and they brought a coconut icecream.
salad cames without dressings, and when I ask for it. it tooks 30 mins.
I wonder where's their kitchen.
sad.. it doesnt feels like holiday

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family