“The Princess”

Ranked #10 of 179 Hotels in Acapulco
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The Princess”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Having read so many negative reviews about this hotel, I was quite skeptical about booking myself in, but I decided to take the chance based on the good reviews. Having done that, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

I took the advise of some and requested a room in the new tower and with a view. I was therefore given a room on the top floor (10th) with the magnificent ocean and pool views. It costs extra to have such views but in my opinion, it is well worth the extra coins, to wake up everyday to such views in addition to the fact that the rooms on this tower are new. If comfort is your priority while traveling, you will want to stay in this tower.

My room, and I believe all the other rooms on this tower, are very modern and immaculately clean. Being a member of the President's Club in the Fairmont Group, it gave me a wealth of advantages, among many, free wireless internet in the room, which, during my stay was only available in the lobby area for free or also in the room, but at a cost. As a President's member, I could also use the gym for free, which, oddly enough, carries a charge of 115,00 pesos each time one wants to use it. Note that this is not a daily fee but rather a fee per session.

Nonetheless, I found it quite dis-avantangeous staying in a room facing the pool as it can be noisy at times, particularly on weekends as the parties can go on till the wee hours. So if you are a light sleeper, you may want to pick other options instead, like a room facing the garden. The plus side however, is that i got to experience the perfect and uninterrupted views of the sunsets.

The staff were very friendly and always ready to accommodate my requests. Services at the lobby are extremely slow and check-in and check-out can be lengthy. There is an express line reserved for the President club members, but it makes no difference. It is as slow!

There is another Fairmont hotel, the Pierre Marques, a much smaller, quieter and at the first impression, a bit outdated, conveniently located close to the Princess. I went there a few times for a meal, using the complimentary shuttle bus that runs every 20 minutes between the two Fairmonts. It was also very convenient that they could bill the meals directly to my room at the Princess.

All in all, good location, gorgeous and well manicured grounds and landscapes, good size pools and a variety of them to choose from. Breakfast buffet was good but not exceptional. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I would certainly return.

Room Tip: If traveling solo, do not book a package that includes breakfast as it will cost you more. That pack...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Nyenyezi
Thomas B, General Manager at Princess Mundo Imperial, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Nyenyezi
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. Your glowing recommendations and room tips are greatly appreciated. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation at The Fairmont Acapulco Princess and Pierre marques..
Again, thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Best Regards
Thomas Becker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

When I stayed last year at the hotel, some of my cash was missing.... And just now, couple of days ago I arrived from Acapulco after making the mistake of staying in the same hotel. Today, I discovered that one of my necklace is missing. I had it with my but it stayed inside my bag the whole time. It sucks when you can't trust the staff and leave anything in the room.....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We were in Acapulco for a wedding.
And we decided to stay at the Princess, it is an amazing place with great views. Our room had ocean view, which gave us a perfect view of sunsets. The pools are amazing, I recommend the one with salt water. Try to arrange for bed and breakfast, which is also amazing. It has a wide variety of fruits, juices, bread and more. The check in might be a little slow, but trust me waiting is worthy.
If you are looking for an amazing place to relax, enjoy the sun and get some tan, then this is the hotel you're looking for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Pyramid building number one, from the 8th floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fchinchot
GerenciaGeneralAca, Director General at Princess Mundo Imperial, responded to this review, 17 February 2015
Dear fchinchot,

We are so proud and happy to read your incredible review! This makes our day! we work really hard to turn moment into memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sincerely
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Good location, beautiful grounds and landscaping, nice beach, good service, friendly staff. Overrated though, rooms are large but very worn, TV probably from the 1970's. Breakfast buffet was good, not great. Room service was hit and miss. Internet barely worked in the room. This is a three star hotel at best, with five star prices. Many better choices in Acapulco, I won't be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Travel8286,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your recent stay, which is the most powerful tool we have to identify our strength and our opportunity areas. We are terrible sorry to know we did not exceed your expectations.
You can be sure that your feedback is taken seriously and that it will of course help us prevent future defects in our services.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Loved every minute of the stay but the hotel does need some tlc......great location with a golf course over the road...you can walk forever along the beach with any number of places to wet your whistle and feed yourself......just trying to think through whether I would stay there again.....probably not...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kevin A
Dear Kevin A,

Amherst, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

The workers at the Acapulco Princess get a letter A for their service and manners. I appreciated the no hassle warm way we were taken care of during our stay. The only mosquito bite was that we were surprised to pay daily to use the gym when that's typically included in the daily rates at other hotels. The highlight of our trip was Roberto Alarcon who supplied our limousine/SUV air-conditioned driving service while in the city. He gave us a detailed historic tour, took a lot of time with my wife when she ran out of memory on her camera, taking her to two stores to get her amateur photography back on track. He took us to off the beaten track stores, to help local merchants and help my wife get the most out of shopping, and made the ride available at our request and back and forth to the airport a breeze. He spoke English which saved my handicapped Spanish and his restaurant suggestions were top notch. For me the highlight was his knowledge of recent and not so recent history and his sharing his intellectual insight and hope for his country. He made me feel welcome and we will come back.

Room Tip: Corner room was crazy good.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nicholas M

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sincerely
Whitby, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I had high expectations about this hotel. They charge as a 5 stars hotel but the rooms are old and with poor maintenance. The balcony was crumbling down and the lamps broken. However, I also need to say that the staff was amazing with great service. I'll post some photos with the broken lamps and crumbling balconies.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank pmccanada
Dear pmccanada,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your recent stay, which is the most powerful tool we have to identify our strength and our opportunity areas. We are terrible sorry to know we did not exceed your expectations, please accept our apologies.