Having read so many negative reviews about this hotel, I was quite skeptical about booking myself in, but I decided to take the chance based on the good reviews. Having done that, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.
I took the advise of some and requested a room in the new tower and with a view. I was therefore given a room on the top floor (10th) with the magnificent ocean and pool views. It costs extra to have such views but in my opinion, it is well worth the extra coins, to wake up everyday to such views in addition to the fact that the rooms on this tower are new. If comfort is your priority while traveling, you will want to stay in this tower.
My room, and I believe all the other rooms on this tower, are very modern and immaculately clean. Being a member of the President's Club in the Fairmont Group, it gave me a wealth of advantages, among many, free wireless internet in the room, which, during my stay was only available in the lobby area for free or also in the room, but at a cost. As a President's member, I could also use the gym for free, which, oddly enough, carries a charge of 115,00 pesos each time one wants to use it. Note that this is not a daily fee but rather a fee per session.
Nonetheless, I found it quite dis-avantangeous staying in a room facing the pool as it can be noisy at times, particularly on weekends as the parties can go on till the wee hours. So if you are a light sleeper, you may want to pick other options instead, like a room facing the garden. The plus side however, is that i got to experience the perfect and uninterrupted views of the sunsets.
The staff were very friendly and always ready to accommodate my requests. Services at the lobby are extremely slow and check-in and check-out can be lengthy. There is an express line reserved for the President club members, but it makes no difference. It is as slow!
There is another Fairmont hotel, the Pierre Marques, a much smaller, quieter and at the first impression, a bit outdated, conveniently located close to the Princess. I went there a few times for a meal, using the complimentary shuttle bus that runs every 20 minutes between the two Fairmonts. It was also very convenient that they could bill the meals directly to my room at the Princess.
All in all, good location, gorgeous and well manicured grounds and landscapes, good size pools and a variety of them to choose from. Breakfast buffet was good but not exceptional. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Mundo Imperial: A FAVORITE OF THE WORLD. For Mexico lovers worldwide, where Acapulco is known as a blend of tropical scenery - beaches, hilly jungles, surrounded by the Pacific ocean blanketed with dynamic nuance of nightclubs and restaurants. It is a great destination for an unforgettable holiday The resort is located at Revolcadero Beach, 20 minutes from the bustling center and just minutes from the airport. The traditional Aztec pyramid building, lush gardens, five swimming pools, two exclusive golf courses, gourmet restaurants, and one of the largest meeting spaces in Acapulco meets the wishes of the most distinguished guests of the world and world-class events. Discover Pearl Pearl, a luxury building at Mundo Imperial Princess offers classy accommodation and the best facilities and services, including: iPod clock, 37-inch flat screen, safe in the rooms and much more !. A place where contemporary design becomes one with the sophisticated luxury - a memorable experience for you, your family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Princess Mundo Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Acapulco Princess Hotel Acapulco
- Fairmont Acapulco Princess
- Acapulco Princess Hotel
- Acapulco Fairmont