Princess Mundo Imperial
Ranked #9 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. The service was horrible and the food was not edible. There are plenty of other hotels to choose from in Acapulco. You will be charged extra for every little thing. Oh, and dont plan to bring your dog even though it says it is pet friendly - they will charge you 800 pesos (over $60) every night for the dog. You will also get harassed constantly on the beach by people selling you things. I would avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Pearl tower are by far better than the other rooms in the hotel.
2  Thank Jen R
Thomas B, General Manager at Princess Mundo Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Jen
Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
We do take all feedback seriously and I appreciate all the information you have submitted.
I really regret we didn't meet your expectations.I would really like you to contact me personally at 744 469 1019 or email me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com to discuss your experience.

Best regards
Thomas Becker

Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have traveled over 120 countries and this hotel is a jewel, one of the best in the world, the architecture is espectacular, rooms are spacious and very well decorated, excellent service and great food, you have it all here and don't need to leave the hotel, provably why Howard Hughes leaved here until he died, he had the money to go anywhere and choose this gorgeous hotel

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Carlos,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind words about your recent experience at the Fairmont Acapulco Princess. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have already shared your comments with the entire team as a reminder of what we do best.
Please contact me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com or ane.echeverria@fairmont.com before your next visit.
Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great place for a family vacation & the best place in Acapulco. If you need to rest & want to enjoy your family - stay at the Acapulco Princess. Be sure & get the plan with the breakfast buffet included.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

What a pleasure to read your review Jay! I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your vacation at the Fairmont Acapulco Princess. I have already shared your comments with my team as a reminder of what we do best.
Please do not hesitate to write me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com when you plan to return.
Again, thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We paid for a room in the renewed area of the hotel, the room was nice and almost clean (we had a cockroach in the room) That said the rest of the hotel is a complete chaos. It took me 45 minutes for check in, even when I'm part of their Presidents club. I drove my car and everytime I requested my car from the Valet (they only have valet) it took betweek 25 and 30 minutes. One of the pools was closed, In other words they have a nice facility but is over crowded witout enough personel.
BTW there was no WIFI in my room for the durantion of my trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Princess Mundo Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Yayalolo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we sincerely appreciate it.

I am very sorry to hear that due to high occupany your arrival and valet parking experience were challenging and I’ve addressed the issues with our staff.

I really appreciate your feedback and support to improve, we have built our hotels reputation by paying attention to our guests needs and I am grateful that you brought your concerns forward.

If you would like to discuss your experience with me directly please contact me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com or 744 4691019

I hope we have the opportunity to speak soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel with very good service and lots of amenities. It needs urgent remodelation. I'd be willing to pay more if they had better floors, rooms, TV sets and a general update. Even the pool tiles are old and our feet got scrapings. Even from outside you can look at the buildings deterioration. You can get better rooms at the Perla building, but they are 60% more expensive and that only gives you a better room and some discounts, but not a better hotel in general. Don't get me wrong, I love this hotel, mostly because of their great service, food and installations, but this is a Fairmont, I know they can do better.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Eduardo R
Thomas B, General Manager at Princess Mundo Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Eduardo,
Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments, we do take all feedback seriously and I appreciate all the information you have submitted. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our team as we are always looking to make improvements.
Best regards

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went to Acapulco last March and stayed at the Princess, the hotel is beautiful, the instalations, the food, but specially the service were out of this world!
Our room was in La perla tower, the room was beautiful, clean, big and with an amazing view.
The people who was helping us with our reservation was very nice and kind. we would love to come back soon to the Princess.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea U

What a pleasure to read your review Andrea! I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your vacation at the Fairmont Acapulco Princess. I have already shared your comments with my team as a reminder of what we do best!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We arrived the day after Easter, the height of the Mexican holiday. The hotel was packed, but they handled the crowds well. The restaurants were friendly and a great value. The taco bar (open one or two nights a week) is a great time to sit with friends, drink, enjoy great food for cheap! Hints:
1. Join the Presidents Club BEFORE you go. It is free, you get free wifi and the work out room.
2. Look hard on their website for deals. We found one "hidden" gem that saved us hundreds over any other site.
3. Really look at the meal deals. We were there for a wedding, the bride worked a deal for breakfast that saved us ton's of money.
4. They say the Pearl tower is the best, but we had rooms in each of the towers. The Princess tower had huge rooms, very, very clean and a great value. There really is no need to upgrade to the Pearl.

The hotel mainly caters to wealthy Mexican families, but as a gringo we were very accepted and well received.

My only complaint: The margaritas in the bars were terrible. Really? It is Mexico and we were so disappointed!

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms let you leave the sliding door open and hear the ocean at night. Great way to r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mark,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. Your glowing recommendation, hints and room tips are greatly appreciated. I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your vacation.
I can't wait to welcome you back to the Fairmont Acapulco Princess!
Best Regards