I am not a big fan of huge hotels and resorts. I was here for business for a few days. The Princess consists of 3 big Soviet style concrete mega building from I guess the 80’s. It probably once was one of the best hotels in Acapulco but that time has gone. Will I come back here? No. Nor will I recommend the hotel. I had a good time though.
I stayed in the remodeled building where the superior rooms are and my room was great. Heard that the rooms in the other buildings were a bit ran down and are in urgent need of updating. 2 of the 3 mornings I was woken up by big diesel busses and people shouting outside that were unloading guests and a guy that thought it was necessary to work with his chainsaw at 7AM outside my room in the garden. Had to call reception to do something about it. Dinner and breakfast buffet was good. When going to the breakfast restaurant the 1st morning, I found myself in a large queueu begging for a table. They funneled all guests to the same restaurant for breakfast resulting in a huge mess. The other mornings I went first to the gym (great gym but you have to pay extra) and had breakfast at 10. Tried also the beach club restaurant but that wasn’t that good. Just by seeing that I was not a Mexican they decided for themselves to leave the spicy chili out of my plate. I can make that decision for myself I think. Service was friendly though. Also ordered food in the bar down in the lobby and it took 1hr to get some octopus badly prepared. I cancelled the order after an hr but they put it in front of me anyway. When asking why it took so long the girl said the kitchen had to unfreeze the octopus first! Though we were at the seaside where seafood was readily available without the need of freezing it. A better bet is the sandwich shop down stairs next to the lobby where the shop start,
Good beach, gardens and pools. Erratic wireless connection: virtually only in the lobby it worked well !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Mundo Imperial: A WORLD FAVORITE. Located in Acapulco, consider one of the top beach destinations worldwide,offering to their visitors a warm tropical climate throughout all year. Special magic of this paradise makes Princess Mundo Imperial one of the favorite of the treavelers, located at Revolcadero Beach, at Zona Diamante consider the best area in Acapulco, just a only few minutes from the Acapulco International Airport. Traditional 15-storey Aztec pyramid-shaped building, lush gardens, 5 pools, two exclusive golf courses, fine dining restaurants and one of the largest meeting spaces in Acapulco, satisfy the wishes of the most distinguished guests of the world. Discover Pearl Perla, a luxurious building within the Princess Mundo Imperial, offers exclusive accommodations, finest facilities and services, in where contemporary design becomes sophisticated luxury - unique experience in order to satisfy our sophisticated guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Princess Mundo Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Acapulco Princess Hotel Acapulco
- Fairmont Acapulco Princess
- Acapulco Princess Hotel
- Acapulco Fairmont