“Mixed feelings, won't be back! There are better options”

Princess Mundo Imperial
Ranked #10 of 167 Hotels in Acapulco
anywhere
“Mixed feelings, won't be back! There are better options”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I am not a big fan of huge hotels and resorts. I was here for business for a few days. The Princess consists of 3 big Soviet style concrete mega building from I guess the 80’s. It probably once was one of the best hotels in Acapulco but that time has gone. Will I come back here? No. Nor will I recommend the hotel. I had a good time though.
I stayed in the remodeled building where the superior rooms are and my room was great. Heard that the rooms in the other buildings were a bit ran down and are in urgent need of updating. 2 of the 3 mornings I was woken up by big diesel busses and people shouting outside that were unloading guests and a guy that thought it was necessary to work with his chainsaw at 7AM outside my room in the garden. Had to call reception to do something about it. Dinner and breakfast buffet was good. When going to the breakfast restaurant the 1st morning, I found myself in a large queueu begging for a table. They funneled all guests to the same restaurant for breakfast resulting in a huge mess. The other mornings I went first to the gym (great gym but you have to pay extra) and had breakfast at 10. Tried also the beach club restaurant but that wasn’t that good. Just by seeing that I was not a Mexican they decided for themselves to leave the spicy chili out of my plate. I can make that decision for myself I think. Service was friendly though. Also ordered food in the bar down in the lobby and it took 1hr to get some octopus badly prepared. I cancelled the order after an hr but they put it in front of me anyway. When asking why it took so long the girl said the kitchen had to unfreeze the octopus first! Though we were at the seaside where seafood was readily available without the need of freezing it. A better bet is the sandwich shop down stairs next to the lobby where the shop start,
Good beach, gardens and pools. Erratic wireless connection: virtually only in the lobby it worked well !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PELOWELOMAN
Thomas B, General Manager at Princess Mundo Imperial, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Jbmx,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent experience at The Fairmont Acapulco princess. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your time spent with us. This is certainly not the fairmont experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I have notified our management team so that we may look further into these issues.
Again, thank you for your feedback, and I hope we can welcome you back.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you like to discuss any further +52 744 469 1019 or aca.guestservices@fairmont.com

Thomas Becker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Doral
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This used to be a great hotel and can easily become great again if they renovate it. It is in a great location and should become one of the best hotels in Acapulco once they renovate it and redecorate the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jose,
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent experience at The Fairmont Acapulco Princess.
After reading your comments I do understand your feeling as it is true that would be fantastic to renovate some areas of the hotel. I take this opportunity to recommend you to stay in the recently renovated Pearl Tower. After a $30 million investment, Pearl Tower offers 310 luxury rooms, carefully decorated with the finest amenities and personalized service.
If you would like to discuss your experience with me personally, please contact me at 744 469 1019 or email me to aca.guestservices@fairmont.com
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. The service was horrible and the food was not edible. There are plenty of other hotels to choose from in Acapulco. You will be charged extra for every little thing. Oh, and dont plan to bring your dog even though it says it is pet friendly - they will charge you 800 pesos (over $60) every night for the dog. You will also get harassed constantly on the beach by people selling you things. I would avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Pearl tower are by far better than the other rooms in the hotel.
2 Thank Jen R
Dear Jen
Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
We do take all feedback seriously and I appreciate all the information you have submitted.
I really regret we didn't meet your expectations.I would really like you to contact me personally at 744 469 1019 or email me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com to discuss your experience.

Best regards
Thomas Becker

Travellers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

Mcallen, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have traveled over 120 countries and this hotel is a jewel, one of the best in the world, the architecture is espectacular, rooms are spacious and very well decorated, excellent service and great food, you have it all here and don't need to leave the hotel, provably why Howard Hughes leaved here until he died, he had the money to go anywhere and choose this gorgeous hotel

Dear Carlos,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind words about your recent experience at the Fairmont Acapulco Princess. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have already shared your comments with the entire team as a reminder of what we do best.
Please contact me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com or ane.echeverria@fairmont.com before your next visit.
Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Little Rock
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great place for a family vacation & the best place in Acapulco. If you need to rest & want to enjoy your family - stay at the Acapulco Princess. Be sure & get the plan with the breakfast buffet included.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

What a pleasure to read your review Jay! I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your vacation at the Fairmont Acapulco Princess. I have already shared your comments with my team as a reminder of what we do best.
Please do not hesitate to write me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com when you plan to return.
Again, thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We paid for a room in the renewed area of the hotel, the room was nice and almost clean (we had a cockroach in the room) That said the rest of the hotel is a complete chaos. It took me 45 minutes for check in, even when I'm part of their Presidents club. I drove my car and everytime I requested my car from the Valet (they only have valet) it took betweek 25 and 30 minutes. One of the pools was closed, In other words they have a nice facility but is over crowded witout enough personel.
BTW there was no WIFI in my room for the durantion of my trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Princess Mundo Imperial, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Yayalolo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we sincerely appreciate it.

I am very sorry to hear that due to high occupany your arrival and valet parking experience were challenging and I’ve addressed the issues with our staff.

I really appreciate your feedback and support to improve, we have built our hotels reputation by paying attention to our guests needs and I am grateful that you brought your concerns forward.

If you would like to discuss your experience with me directly please contact me at aca.guestservices@fairmont.com or 744 4691019

I hope we have the opportunity to speak soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel with very good service and lots of amenities. It needs urgent remodelation. I'd be willing to pay more if they had better floors, rooms, TV sets and a general update. Even the pool tiles are old and our feet got scrapings. Even from outside you can look at the buildings deterioration. You can get better rooms at the Perla building, but they are 60% more expensive and that only gives you a better room and some discounts, but not a better hotel in general. Don't get me wrong, I love this hotel, mostly because of their great service, food and installations, but this is a Fairmont, I know they can do better.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Eduardo R
Thomas B, General Manager at Princess Mundo Imperial, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Eduardo,
Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments, we do take all feedback seriously and I appreciate all the information you have submitted. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our team as we are always looking to make improvements.
Best regards