We just spent three nights at the famous Fairmont Princess and had a great family vacation. Yes - it is dated and needs more maintenance, but we found the pricing fair. The grounds are still fantastic and the location too (away from the hustle and bustle of La Costera and close to the new La Isla mall) . We had a large room on the 10th floor with a balcony overlooking the Pacific - beautiful! My kids could not get enough of the water slide at the salt water pool and the water fall at the other pool. There is also a playground and the staff runs a kids club with fun programs that we were not able to try. I was pleasantly surprised by the great service from housekeeping, the restaurants, the pool, etc. We had the buffet breakfast every morning at Chula Vista with a beautiful ocean view and enjoyed the freshly made tortillas, omelettes, juices and other traditional Mexican fare. We also tried the Beach Club, which was not as good. We had a great experience at the Tavola, the Italian restaurant.
We did not have to pay for the tents on the beach, as I read someone else did, and if you want to skip the Internet fee (which annoyed me too), you just have to become a "Fairmont" member at no charge.
We will gladly return and have another one of their tamarind margaritas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Mundo Imperial: A FAVORITE OF THE WORLD. For Mexico lovers worldwide, where Acapulco is known as a blend of tropical scenery - beaches, hilly jungles, surrounded by the Pacific ocean blanketed with dynamic nuance of nightclubs and restaurants. It is a great destination for an unforgettable holiday The resort is located at Revolcadero Beach, 20 minutes from the bustling center and just minutes from the airport. The traditional Aztec pyramid building, lush gardens, five swimming pools, two exclusive golf courses, gourmet restaurants, and one of the largest meeting spaces in Acapulco meets the wishes of the most distinguished guests of the world and world-class events. Discover Pearl Pearl, a luxury building at Mundo Imperial Princess offers classy accommodation and the best facilities and services, including: iPod clock, 37-inch flat screen, safe in the rooms and much more !. A place where contemporary design becomes one with the sophisticated luxury - a memorable experience for you, your family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Princess Mundo Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Acapulco Princess Hotel Acapulco
- Fairmont Acapulco Princess
- Acapulco Princess Hotel
- Acapulco Fairmont