My husband and I went to Acapulco for the first time this year. We stayed at the El Tropicano. The outside of the place is nothing to look at but the gardens on the inside of the hotel are nice. The rooms were clean...a tip, if you can, get a room on the left side of the building, these rooms are better maintained than the right side (or so it seemed to us). The food here was not bad, and the staff and drinks were great. The location of this place was awesome....right in the heart of the action.
My husband and I loved Acapulco. You can relax on secluded beaches or party all night...it has it all. One thing I would not recommend(unless you love silver and want to get it at a good price), is going to Taxco. It's a silver mining town that's 31/2 to 4 hours away. It was a neat place to see but we wasted a whole day driving to and from Taxco.
Other than that, our trip was a great time and we plan to go back as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casual Hotel located 1 block from beach, 10 minutes from downtown & 20 minutes from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Tropicano Acapulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Tropicano Acapulco Hotel Acapulco
- El Tropicano Hotel Acapulco
- Acapulco El Tropicano Hotel