“Very nice vacation”

Ranked #13 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Indiana
“Very nice vacation”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We were very pleased, first time visiting. We brought another couple got the Royal room. Loved the accomaditions. Had a BIG patio overlooking the main pool.The grounds were very clean,food was good. The only thing I would complain about is the Tram. They had 2 but both didn't work half the time. You had a long walk to the Bah Bah restaurant or the lobby. Everyone was very helpful. And the majority of the people there spoke enough english you could understand them.
You had to ask for washcloths,and bathmats.

Room Tip: We were in room 1568, It had 2 seperate bedrooms and bathrooms. BIG patio.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dggataylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The hotel is beautiful, lots of flowers, lovely atmosphere, great balconies. The entertainment staff was very charming and fun. Everyone working at the hotel seem very helpful and capable. The all inclusive was great,the buffet and several restaurants were all very good with a nice and romantic atmosphere.

Room Tip: You can choose pool views, gardens or ocean. Some rooms have balconies in 2 directions.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Marek and Teresa from London
We stayed there for a week. Our room was large with a comfortable, queen size bed. We had all inclusive deal which worked very well for us because we did not have to look for a restaurant downtown. The food was very good especially in the Italian restaurant which you have to book every day. The Acapulco downtown is "no go" area: polluted, dirty and noisy. So we stayed all week in the hotel either by the pool or on the beach, enjoying good weather and nice drinks served from the pool bars.
We are mature couple but we did not mind a large presence of Mexican families. In fact we made friends with some of them.
The reception staff, room service and all the waiters were extremely nice and lots of them speak very good English.
We will be back there next year!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a sea view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Highland
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Worst experience of my life! Unsafe environment. Had to leave immediately after arriving. No one could communicate with us at all and we we put into a hut like room which we were scared to death in.

• Stayed March 2012
11 Thank Lpbjr

Travellers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I spent the week after Christmas here with an RCI timeshare. The RCI room was better average only because it was down in a cellar otherwise it would have been above average. It was; however, a two room suite. The main room did not have a curtain and people walking by could look in at any time which was rather uncomfortable. Overall the facilities are decent, however it is not luxurious. If the the hotel could reach a different segment of people this hotel could be very nice vacation. Unfortunately we found the people in this complex with loud manners. In addition people would get up it seemed, at 4 am to pick out their pool areas and reserve spots with the towels they had. By the time I got up at 7 am to pick out an area, I realized i did not have a chance to get a space. What was more frustrating was that others would move your towels and you ended up out a spot. Further, there was no dining a la carte here at these restaurants. It is an all inclusive, and I found the food poor. What was worse, the pool side restaurant has food out in the open and no one would shoo away the flies. The cafeteria with the best view offered an a flea market atmosphere which was also uncomfortable. The Italian restaurant tried to offer a decent menu, but it was the same menu night after night. Oh, Christmas dinner was excellent and the view from the patio was spectacular. The service overall is very good, the people are very nice. If they could control the circus like atmosphere, this hotel would be a good vacation choice. I had the option of buying the all inclusive and I chose not to do so because I would go out to the surrounding hotels and find a much better segment of people, quality of food, sanitation and pricing.

Room Tip: The place has good facilities, it is the people that make this place unbearable.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Danny O
Natchitoches, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel is very popular with Mexicans with young familities. I was the only American in the entire hotel......I soon figured out that there was a reason why this is! I was fortunate to meet a jolly group of Canadians which assisted me pass the time on this "compound". The hotel is built on the side of a vertical cliff so one must be in great shape in order to climb up and down the steep slopes. Fortunately at 59 I am in good shape, but even the elevators and "cablecar" required numerous steps to access. There is NO concierge and the front desk is not helpful at all regarding any information OUTSIDE of the hotel. I asked for a map of the surrounding area and no one in the hotel could provide one. Finally walked to the town my self on the side of a highway with cars whizzing past at 70 mph as I felt very claustrophobic in this place. Once you are there, you are pretty well stuck there on the compound as it is not easy to get out. The bed in my room was a board with a mattress on it so even to watch the news I resorted to utilizing the plastic lawn chair on the balcony since the bed was so incredibly uncomfortable. Fortunately, I met another man on the beach (from Canada) who was able to tell me how to get to La Quebrada in order to see the Cliff Divers. The hotel front desk could not (or would not) impart any information on how to do this but did list the times at 1:30 (fortunately, the man on the beach from Canada giving me the information corrected it by telling me it was 1:00 PM and it's a good thing since it was all over at 1:15). I could not get any assistance in contacting Aeromexico, instead they told me I could utilize a pay phone in the lobby but then I found it was broken and they said I could use a house phone that the operator would connect me. Reservations were required for La Trattorria (Italian Restaurant) so the first two days I trudged up the hill at noon (since this was the only time you could MAKE reservations and they had to be conducted in PERSON), only to find that the person that evening seating people had no inkling as to who did or did not have a reservation. The final straw was the last night, I had left a wake up call for 4:00 AM (since my flight was 6:30 and Aeromexico would never let me do online 24 hour check in I needed to make sure and get there by 5:00 AM and it takes a good 40 minutes to get to the airport from the hotel). I suspected they wouldn't call me, so at dinner that night, I asked the Maitre D' of La Tratorria to phone up to the front desk and make SURE that they had the 4:00 AM wake up call. He confirmed all was well. Fortunately for me I woke at 3:41 AM and began packing. It's a good thing because the wake up call never came! Would not recommend this hotel unless you are the type that enjoy the "Ryan's Steakhouse All you Can Eat" Buffet!

Room Tip: Asked for a room with a view and did receive one but the bed was so uncomfortable I really couldn...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Lynn W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This place is amazing......Beautiful hotel on private, beautiful beach......great food and service

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple