“Awesome Experience”

Park Royal Acapulco
Ranked #14 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed at the Park Royal from February 9 until February 16, 2014. We found it to be outstanding. The service of people like Cesar, Daniel, Bernice was great. We had one concern in the dining area that was addressed immediately. The food was plentiful and varied between Mexican and International Cuisine. The beach was tranquil and inviting on Acapulco Bay and the pools were great with their swim-up bars. The beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic were plentiful, varied and delicious. The nightly entertainment in the main lobby was great. I believe the group was En El and they were great. We found this place to be great value for the money and would not hesitate to recommend it to our closest friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dannyb555
rdelapaz07, Gerente at Park Royal Acapulco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you so much for your comments! Park Royal Acapulco is your home - away from home.
We look forward to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at Park Royal Hotel Acapulco mid January for a wedding and I must say that the price was acceptable for an all-in, so your expectations have to be adapted at the amount you pay.
However I would not go back there as generally speaking we were not very satisfied;
-everything is relatively old and worn
-the food is acceptable, but not 'waw' and the wines are un-drinkable (there must be people wanting to drink a nice glass of wine with the meal or at the bar???)
-the staff is not overly friendly. In my opinion there is no management-imposed client satisfaction programme. Especially compared with other horeca venues in Mexico, where staff is generally very friendly and helpful.
A member of my family had an issue with some lost/stolen sunglasses. I understand that in a large hotel with a lot of guests every day, a lot of things get lost so I was not expecting my cousin to get his glasses refunded, but the person handling the complaint had an unpleasant attitude like 'please don't bother me wtih this'. In 2 days they could not/did not want to have a look at the security cameras, and my cousin never was offered to talk to a manager.
A friendly treatment can make you forget a lot of old safety boxes or dry chilaquiles!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Adriano C
rdelapaz07, Gerente at Park Royal Acapulco, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear tripAdvisor reader:

I want to thank you for your comments, we will work hard to improve our service.

Hopefully you can give us the opprtunity to host you agian in the near future.

All the best.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have stayed just about everywhere around Acapulco but this was a surprisingly pleasant resort. It is laid out down a cliff and every level is accessible by foot (which is challenging) or by a funicular which rides up and down the cliff on rails. The rooms were very nice. The staff happy and helpful. The pools and amenities were fine. The best part for me was the beach. A private secluded and very calm area with no surf. You could swim and float and kayak without any problems. It is very safe. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
rdelapaz07, Gerente at Park Royal Acapulco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you very much for your comments, it is a great motivation to continue with the improvement of our service.

This is your home away from home.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Like most of Acapulco - this place lives on memerories of days gone by.
I'm sure in the 70's this was a great place. The hotel and grounds need a lot of maitenance.

We were there in the off season - quiet ... the adult pool was over run with families - adults hanging out at the swim up bar, while the kids were running around unattended - no one ever left to go to the bathroom ... hmmm. So we passed on any "in the pool time" ... and the food was nothing to celebrate.

Staff and the Royal Holiday reps were rude - each day we were ignored - not even a smile ... What did we do?? We decided to be polite and see if things would change ... Being polite gets you now where ...

Beware of the Royal Holiday reps all they want is your money ... don't be pressured into taking their 45 min presntation ... it last several hours and all they want is a min. $10,000.00 so you can stay at their hotels - if this is any indication on how their other properties are run ... no thanks ... maybe this is why we were ignored.

We cut our vacation short by 3 days, paid the airline change fees and went home.

Room Tip: helpful tip - don't book here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill-Vancouver
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I got to say that the main thing we were scared about is the elevators. The elevators (all of them) made really weird noised and would make sudden drops. The food is very sub-par. Only thing that was ok was the Italian restaurant. I would recommend eating here every-day. The views from the resort were nice. The AC in the room worked really well, and the highlight of the resort as it was very hot when we went here. The "Royal" Staff were ok...except the ones selling time shares. SUCH a pain, they kept calling our room to "talk" to us about upgrading, they did it everyday we were there. We didn't want to listen to their presentation.. WIFI not in rooms, only in lobby, connection was slow.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Extremely bad! Dirty room and terrible service. The room smelled of sewage and solvents, so much so that we were awaken by the smell at 8am and could not stand being in our room. Ocean view was only an unfulfilled promise, substituted by a large plant. Internet service only in lobby and with a weak signal. The furniture was old, and with zero maintenance: Stained chairs, old ripped blankets and sheets with holes, mold everywhere in the bathroom, poor lighting with 2 ugly lamps, Old tube TV, dirty floor and humid beds. Bad food and drinks diluted in water. I had to buy my own drinks at a local grocery store. The food was disappointing. We had to go other places to eat.The manager didn't respond to our requests or complaints. The staff was constantly chasing us around like a bunch of vultures to sell us a membership. The person working the omelette station is the only one capable of providing customers with a friendly service. He should be the manager, instead of the incompetent, unresponsive one that they have. I do not recommend this hotel. For this price you get a nice room in the Acapulco Princess Hotel, or Camino Real, with breakfast and lunch or many of the nices hotel in la costera . Please dont made my mistake. I regret having booked this hotel for my vacation and never intend on returning. And it certainly is not a 4 Star hotel, I would question it being anything higher than a 2 Star. Acapulco itself was fantastic and I really enjoyed my time travelling to restaurants and other locations. Please see pictures attached to see what I'm talking about.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank consuelo s
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Extremely bad! Price per day is elevated for a dirty and terrible service hotel the room stinks and as a view there is a big rock.
I had a room for an adult and they gave it to me right next to the kids pool, i asked for them not to bother me so i could sleep in and received a call at 8 am to see if i was alright!
Horrible experience? Seriously! Really bad! Ugly hotel, ugly rooms and really dirty pools.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo