“Just returned and VERY pleased with our trip!”

Club Del Sol Acapulco
Ranked #120 of 179 Hotels in Acapulco
Montreal, Canada
“Just returned and VERY pleased with our trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I just returned from Acapulco last week. My husband and I spent two months at the hotel. The staff was incredibly friendly. Although the rooms are a little old, the staff was very good about keeping it clean. Some of the reviews I just read claimed that there were insects at the hotel, however I DID NOT see any. I'm very surprised by some of these reviews. From what I've seen they have improved a lot over the years and they will continue to improve their hotel in the future. The staff does what ever they can to please their guests through friendly conversation, music and creating a welcoming ambiance. The beach isn't too far, stores are near by and there is also a church that can be visited for mass that is in walking distance. I will definitely return and I recommend this hotel to anyone searching for a clean and friendly place who also wishes to save some money.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same. You may just want to think about whether you'll want your windows f...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susanna P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
st. catharines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

You have to like Acapulco to appreciate this Hotel. The price is right, the area has everything you need. The beach is about 1 block down across the street, please use the lights. It's Mexico, not Florida. Stay home if you want the things the same as home.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gailannholmes
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

My wife and I just returned from our Mexican vacation. We enjoyed our stay at the Club Del Sol. I strongly feel that they have recieved some bad reviews unfairly. The staff is very friendly, especially, Saul the Manager and Hector the "Bartender extraordinaire". They will do whatever it takes to satisfy you and make your visit comfortable. The food was good, the rooms were clean, and all visitors were enjoying themselves. Yes, the Hotel does need some cosmetic work, but they have already started the renovations! If you want a 5 star, please go to the Mayan Resort or the Princess? However, if you want to have fun and save money, I recommend the Club Del Sol. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JamesD17
Mexico, DF
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last weekend my parents and my sisters stay only y a night in Acapulco. We had stayed in this hotel when we were younger, and it was an ur or five stars hotel we remember, it was an excellent hotel. NOW, in 2009, it don't have any star. The rooms are in extremly dirtye, we found garbage everywhere, it smells bad, the elevator don't works (i think it doesn't exist). the frigo and kitchet are rotten, the door doesn't close fine.
My family and me are really un satisfied with this hotel. We dont search another one, because we only stay there one night.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank Jessyrod

Travellers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

The staff was friendly but there isn't much they can do about this dilapidated hotel. The rooms are discusting, falling apart and FULL of roaches. Don't stay there!!! It will ruin your holiday.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosalia123
Brownsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

I recently came back from our family vacation at Club del Sol and have to say that it was a good fun filled vacation. I booked the hotel because of a recomendation from a friend, and just before leaving for Acapulco I started gathering up info on the destination and found to my surprise the comments on this website about the hotel we were about to stay, I was terrified and called up my friend who reccomended this place and he calmed me down. He was right, I expected the worse and found a good place with a great location, it is not a new hotel and not a 5 star also, but it has clean rooms and a friendly staff and very helpfull when needed. The pools are big and clean, the restaurant has a limited menu but very good food and clean ambiance.
About the reviews on this website, I found that most of the "terrible" reviews were made on or prior to 2007, maybe some kind of remodeling or refurbishing was done to the hotel because I did not find any of the faults mentioned in the earlier reviews.
Hope this helps

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank R0bert_K
miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2008

I stayed at the instalations for a week in August and it was great. I had mmade the purchase before seeing this page and was ready to kill someone. But arriving at the hotel I noticed that part of it was in remodeling. I was recieved very politely and very eficiently by the staff and the room was in excelent condition it was new and with very tasteful decor. I can see that maybe someone might have goten a rome that was under remodeling and may have not been in the best of shape but it is unfare to judge the whole instalation on a unfortunate event.
George , Sally & Family , Miami , Florida

• Liked — service was excelent
  • Disliked — no A/C in the Lobby area
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank micueso