“Absolutely HORRIBLE”

Hotel Club del Sol Acapulco
Ranked #112 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed 28 December 2009

The staff was friendly but there isn't much they can do about this dilapidated hotel. The rooms are discusting, falling apart and FULL of roaches. Don't stay there!!! It will ruin your holiday.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosalia123

Reviewed 29 June 2009

I recently came back from our family vacation at Club del Sol and have to say that it was a good fun filled vacation. I booked the hotel because of a recomendation from a friend, and just before leaving for Acapulco I started gathering up info on the destination and found to my surprise the comments on this website about the hotel we were about to stay, I was terrified and called up my friend who reccomended this place and he calmed me down. He was right, I expected the worse and found a good place with a great location, it is not a new hotel and not a 5 star also, but it has clean rooms and a friendly staff and very helpfull when needed. The pools are big and clean, the restaurant has a limited menu but very good food and clean ambiance.
About the reviews on this website, I found that most of the "terrible" reviews were made on or prior to 2007, maybe some kind of remodeling or refurbishing was done to the hotel because I did not find any of the faults mentioned in the earlier reviews.
Hope this helps

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank R0bert_K
Reviewed 29 September 2008

I stayed at the instalations for a week in August and it was great. I had mmade the purchase before seeing this page and was ready to kill someone. But arriving at the hotel I noticed that part of it was in remodeling. I was recieved very politely and very eficiently by the staff and the room was in excelent condition it was new and with very tasteful decor. I can see that maybe someone might have goten a rome that was under remodeling and may have not been in the best of shape but it is unfare to judge the whole instalation on a unfortunate event.
George , Sally & Family , Miami , Florida

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank micueso
Reviewed 4 April 2008

i made my reservations before reading the comments on trip advisor!I must admit that i was expecting the worse!I was very surpised when i saw my room!Big,clean,with comfortable beds,quiet...The pools area were clean and not too crowded...the staff at the cafeteria was very nice and polite...maybe i was lucky to be in building number 4...i also met other tourists who were very happy to be there...,the hotel is close from the beach ,shopping areas and restaurants...good value for my money,will surely be back there next year

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank richardk2008
Reviewed 23 March 2007

Don't belive on web pictures ! !!!!!
Terrible shower, broken beds, old fashion fridge - you have to
turn of night time because of noise,
staff dosn't speak english and is not able help at all

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 13 March 2007

I reserved this hotel through ---.com, and I can't believe they actually do business with this hotel. The staff acted as though they resented Americans being there, especially the Manager. The place was over 50 years old and had not been properly maintained or remodeled, it was very old and run down. It had 7 floors maintained by 2 old elevators, one of the elevators would not go to the first floor at all, so I had to go to the 2nd floor and go down a floor to get to my room everytime, I was really worried about getting stuck in these elevators. There were small roaches in the room, they would run accross the floor when you turned the light on in the morning. Oh yes, when I first checked in, they put me in a room that had no hot water in the shower, I found this out after I got in the shower and had already got set up in the room, so I complained and had to move to another room, that took another hour of my vacation time. The house cleaning staff was nice but very slow to clean your room daily, usually it was 4 PM, until they got around to cleaning my room, I don't think it was their fault, they were just overloaded with work. The mattress on the bed was badly stained and pretty hard, the pillows were very old, the floors were dirty. There was no ice machines as you would normally expect in a hotel. Everyday at 8 AM there was hammering going on to greet you, so if you wanted to sleep in past 8 you can forget it at Club DEl Sol. I also was told that I could not bring guests to my room by the Manager of the hotel, I think it was because I was an American and these ladies were Mexican. I have stayed in many hotels in my life time and have never been told I could not have a guest in my room.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank elvisfan1gmr
Reviewed 21 March 2006

Myself and 2 of my girlfriends stayed at the Club Del Sol for 2 weeks in Feb/March, 2006. From what I was reading about this hotel, we were honestly expecting the worst, but it was in our price range. I can say, without a doubt, that all the write ups I read were greatly exagerated. We had a wonderful time. The room was fantastic and the location of the hotel was perfect for 3 females in their mid 20's. The staff was super friendly and helpful, granted not alot of the front desk staff spoke much english, but it wasn't a big issue. It was actully pretty funny!
The adult only roof top pools are beautiful and the view is spectacular.
Everything about the hotel was great. I cannot say anything bad about it. Sure, it is over 30 years old, but it is amazing!!

7  Thank Wpg16