“GOOD BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! They deserve better Reviews.”

Club Del Sol Acapulco
Ranked #113 of 167 Hotels in Acapulco
Ontario
“GOOD BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! They deserve better Reviews.”
Reviewed 9 February 2010

My wife and I just returned from our Mexican vacation. We enjoyed our stay at the Club Del Sol. I strongly feel that they have recieved some bad reviews unfairly. The staff is very friendly, especially, Saul the Manager and Hector the "Bartender extraordinaire". They will do whatever it takes to satisfy you and make your visit comfortable. The food was good, the rooms were clean, and all visitors were enjoying themselves. Yes, the Hotel does need some cosmetic work, but they have already started the renovations! If you want a 5 star, please go to the Mayan Resort or the Princess? However, if you want to have fun and save money, I recommend the Club Del Sol. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JamesD17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mexico, DF
Reviewed 28 December 2009

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last weekend my parents and my sisters stay only y a night in Acapulco. We had stayed in this hotel when we were younger, and it was an ur or five stars hotel we remember, it was an excellent hotel. NOW, in 2009, it don't have any star. The rooms are in extremly dirtye, we found garbage everywhere, it smells bad, the elevator don't works (i think it doesn't exist). the frigo and kitchet are rotten, the door doesn't close fine.
My family and me are really un satisfied with this hotel. We dont search another one, because we only stay there one night.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank Jessyrod

Travellers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

Houston
Reviewed 28 December 2009

The staff was friendly but there isn't much they can do about this dilapidated hotel. The rooms are discusting, falling apart and FULL of roaches. Don't stay there!!! It will ruin your holiday.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosalia123
Brownsville
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I recently came back from our family vacation at Club del Sol and have to say that it was a good fun filled vacation. I booked the hotel because of a recomendation from a friend, and just before leaving for Acapulco I started gathering up info on the destination and found to my surprise the comments on this website about the hotel we were about to stay, I was terrified and called up my friend who reccomended this place and he calmed me down. He was right, I expected the worse and found a good place with a great location, it is not a new hotel and not a 5 star also, but it has clean rooms and a friendly staff and very helpfull when needed. The pools are big and clean, the restaurant has a limited menu but very good food and clean ambiance.
About the reviews on this website, I found that most of the "terrible" reviews were made on or prior to 2007, maybe some kind of remodeling or refurbishing was done to the hotel because I did not find any of the faults mentioned in the earlier reviews.
Hope this helps

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank R0bert_K
miami
Reviewed 29 September 2008

I stayed at the instalations for a week in August and it was great. I had mmade the purchase before seeing this page and was ready to kill someone. But arriving at the hotel I noticed that part of it was in remodeling. I was recieved very politely and very eficiently by the staff and the room was in excelent condition it was new and with very tasteful decor. I can see that maybe someone might have goten a rome that was under remodeling and may have not been in the best of shape but it is unfare to judge the whole instalation on a unfortunate event.
George , Sally & Family , Miami , Florida

• Liked — service was excelent
  • Disliked — no A/C in the Lobby area
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank micueso
montreal canada
Reviewed 4 April 2008

i made my reservations before reading the comments on trip advisor!I must admit that i was expecting the worse!I was very surpised when i saw my room!Big,clean,with comfortable beds,quiet...The pools area were clean and not too crowded...the staff at the cafeteria was very nice and polite...maybe i was lucky to be in building number 4...i also met other tourists who were very happy to be there...,the hotel is close from the beach ,shopping areas and restaurants...good value for my money,will surely be back there next year

• Liked — the size of my room
  • Disliked — elevator
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank richardk2008
Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed 23 March 2007

Don't belive on web pictures ! !!!!!
Terrible shower, broken beds, old fashion fridge - you have to
turn of night time because of noise,
staff dosn't speak english and is not able help at all

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — quality,staff, 20 usd deposit for tv remo
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)