“A good choice for budget accommodation in Acapulco”

Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows
Ranked #53 of 167 Hotels in Acapulco
Province of Bologna, Italy
“A good choice for budget accommodation in Acapulco”
Reviewed 11 July 2004

I chose Hotel Sand's for a 10-day stay in Acapulco for three reasons: the advices I found on TripAdvisor, its low prices and its very nice web page.
I have to say that my first impression of the Sand's hotel, when I arrived there, was not good: my partner and I arrived during night time in Acapulco after an Air France flight cancelation (me) and a Copa Air baggage loss (her), so we were not in the right mood against this hotel (probably against ANY hotel...); our disappointment was also increased by the fact that the hotel was under slight restoration as it was low season when we stayed there (June 2004).
However, as the days passed we started appreciating the place (quiet and green) and the staff (always friendly and willing to help, and Juanita is an added value to the hotel). And, reading the (negative) comments of other TripAdvisor users about five-star hotels of Acapulco, I think that we made the right choice.
Bungalows (we were staying in one of them) are possibly a bit small, but clean and comfortable enough for two people; rooms are larger and all of them with the terrace. The hotel, which also has a swimming pool, is not on the beach but is close to it: you can get to the seaside by simply crossing the Avenida Costera. The hotel location is also very good: you are right in the centre of the Acapulco bay and you can reach any place in a few minutes by walking or by taxi.
In the end, my bottom line is: I think that Hotel Sand's is one of the best quality-to-price ratio hotels you can find in Acapulco.

10 Thank nmasetti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 December 2003

I have stayed and the Sands Hotel for the past 5 years and every year I enjoy it more. Its a very private place and the management sees to it that it stays that way.

• Stayed January 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
West Monroe
Reviewed 5 March 2003

I have stayed at the Hotel Sands and find it really clean and comfortable. The Hotel is small but makes up for it with the people who work their. The management is ourgoing and friendly. The staff is super. The staff has been at the Hotel many years. The pool area is great for relaxation. It is right across the street from the beach. It is a SUPER VALUE! Try it.

• Stayed February 2005
17 Thank kyderby
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 February 2003

I`ve been in the Sands many times, and everytime I find it clean, affordable & fun. if you`re the kind of people who likes a quiet place, without springbreakers.. this is the place to be

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Acapulco hotels
Hotel Restaurant Quinta Karla Pie de la Cuesta
One Acapulco Costera
#14 of 167 in Acapulco
Las Torres Gemelas Suites & Beach Resort
Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco

Been to Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows

Property: Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows
Address: Avenida Costera Miguel Aleman 178 | Frac. Magallanes, Acapulco 39670, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Guerrero > Acapulco
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #53 of 167 Hotels in Acapulco
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows 2.5*
Excellent Location, 3 blcoks from Diana circle, 100 mts. is the beach, 2 blcoks from Diana Shopping Center,7 minutes from central station, 25 minutes from La Quebrada, 30 minutes from Airport, everything is around us.this family-friendly hotel offers comfortable amenities such as free home breakfast, wireless internet access,air-conditioned guestrooms.Guests can relax in the hotel's landscaped gardens or go for a swim in the outdoor pool. Kids can play of miniature golf or play on the on-site playground. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sands Hotel Acapulco