Las Torres Gemelas Suites & Beach Resort
Ranked #128 of 167 Hotels in Acapulco
Tepoztlan, Mexico
“Beware”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed at the "Penthouse Suite" last week with my wife and another couple. We are expatriates who live in northern Mexico City, so we are accustomed to life here in Mexico. Shocked barely describes the reaction to seeing this property. We rented here based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, and I assure you - the photos and comments regarding this "suite" are misleading at best. I pray it was not deliberate, but I cannot believe they were written so recently, as no one described the reality of this place; which is, I repeat, shocking. The three floors of the "suite" were seriously neglected. There is no other way to describe it. From cleaning to maintenance it appears no one has cared for this place in a while. We considered taking the loss on our money and going somewhere else, but it was a lot of money. Besides the dirt, broken chairs, clogged shower drain and children's hand smears throughout, the top floor looked abandoned long ago. The green AstroTurf in the alluring photos is torn to shreds, peeling and mostly missing. The furniture is blackened with cracked-open cushions and that lounge chair doesn't exist. The view was amazing, but the "hot tub" (actually cold) in the photos doesn't work. It was depressing. There is an infestation of ants if you choose to go up there anyway.
This brings me to the crowning achievement of Los Torres Gemelas. On top of these other issues, there was no hot water the entire week of our stay. After three visits to the front desk and a phone call to the manager. No Hot Water For A Week. Cold showers every day standing ankle deep in soap scum. How is none of this mentioned in the reviews of the "Penthouse Suite"? No maintenance person came by, even after Brenda at the desk tried to get the manager's help. Interesting to note; people staying in other units said they had hot water, so perhaps there is a rift between the owner of this unit, and the hotel itself. I'm not sure.
The owner of the "Penthouse Suite" lives in New York and was aware the problems I have described. My friends; who made these reservations months ago, emailed him often in preparation for our arrival, yet he didn't mention anything about these conditions. After our arriving, they emailed him again and he acknowledged these issues and cited the hotel for poor maintenance. Perhaps he could have told them the actual condition of his unit and let us enjoy our week in Acapulco somewhere else.
A special mention goes to the manager of the property, Manuel Romero. I spoke with him personally on day four of our stay. When I told him about the hot water and drain issues, he laughed and said (quote) "I'm sorry I can't fulfill your dreams, but I'll see if I can get someone to look at that for you." No one came. His overall disposition was dismissive and condescending, and perhaps conveys the reason why other problems exist throughout his property; broken elevators, etc.
After eight days, as we were cleaning up to leave at 11:00 am, Monday, Feb 25, 2013, the maintenance man came to fix the hot water. As we were leaving. Personally, I didn't think the timing of his arrival was a coincidence since we had contacted the front desk and the manager about these issues upon arriving. I will let my friend write about the conversation he had with the manager after that, if he chooses.
Please be assured, Acapulco is indeed beautiful, and despite the issues described we enjoyed the beaches and restaurants. The hotel was once a beautiful property. You can appreciate the architecture and layout. The people managing the property appear to have stopped caring long ago and have let it degrade. The owner has not maintained his unit, and so it does not look even remotely like the pictures you see here. I wrote this in fairness to anyone who might be considering a stay at the "Penthouse Suite" at Los Torres Gemelas Private Suites. Ask around, the locals will verify this review.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank PaulinMexico

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Right on the beach and in the center of all the action. We were very pleased with our stay here, couldn't of asked for more. Very well furnished and excellent service. It is our little casa away from home.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

For those seeking to evade the chillier climes of a frozen continent, I couldn't recommend a better place than Acapulco. The week I spent in Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites, was as good as I could have wished for. The LTGPS manager, James Guzman, could not have been more helpful in making the break a smooth one, and he helped me out with restaurant selection, where to get money changed, how to see the famous Acapulco divers, and even where the best local shopping mall was, along with the best beach bar, Playita. The suite I had was clean and modern with a huge flat screen TV, with many channels, and excellent WiFi Broadband, plus a private balcony, a decent shower, and comfortable furniture, along with a private water cooler and small kitchenette. The private beach facilities and pool were hust what I needed to chill out during the day. The city itself I found amazing, and colourful, and all in all, it was a great trip.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Right on the ocean with superb views of Acapulco bay. Suite was clean, comfortable and quiet even though the hotel is located in the centre of town. Great internet, satelite TV, and a wall safe in the room. I liked the fact you can relax in the room enjoying the view and the sound of the waves breaking below, or have a wild night out in Acapulco just minutes away. Pool area and services good, restaurants, bars and shops all close by on foot. Acapulco has character and is very laid back, I intend to visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sgo180
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This is a great place to stay. Acapulco is a loud, hot city and with a room in LTGPS you'll have a clean, cool and quiet place to relax: A wonderful view of Acapulco's bay, a big TV with a big sound system, quiet airconditioning and boxspring mattresses for a pleasant sleeping experience. I noticed that the LTG Private Suites rooms are far nicer than the other rooms in the hotel. Also you are in a great location with many fine bars and restaurants at walking distance. The private security downstairs are friendly and taxi's are always waiting in front of the building to take you anywhere you want to go. The management of Las Torres Gemalas Private Suites is determined to make sure you have a good stay. In short: I highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Excellent place to stay. Newly renovated, new appliances, new satelite TV and internet. Great ocean view. In the building there is cheap place for breakfast/lunch (Jenny's) or can eat in the restaurant (such as buffet) Right outside is inexpensive and very tasty Taquerias. Easy walk to restaurants, bars, malls. Private lobby, pool, and beach areas for relaxing. Safe and quiet. Highly recommend, coming back!

Room Tip: lower number suites (I think suites ending in 05 or less) have 180 degree ocean views. The higher...