“Diving Acapulco” 3 of 5 bubbles

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Diving Acapulco”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was looking forward to diving acapulco in the famed area of La Roquetta Island. The area is a preserve but local laws are not enforced. Proof is in the long fishing net that we cut up as we desscended to depth. Unfortunately because of poverty I can not blame those trying to eat. As far as the diving is concerned the visibility on both dives were terrible (less than 5 ft.) while decending but at depth of 35+ ft things cleared up a little to about 15 ft. Marine life is vastly different in the pacific waters but the area that was protected did not boast much of anything.

The dive operation of Scuba Diving Acapulco (original name) was pretty good. While there was not much discussion of pre-dive planning until it was prompted, the dive master understood safety and new the lost buddy procedure. This was confirmed when we lost each other while decending on the second dive. I brought my family aboard this very spacious boat so they can experience what I do while diving and they also went snorkeling. The snorkel guide was excellent and brought marine life to them. Excellent experience.

Overall the diving was fair but the operation was pretty good. They were nice and accomodating. They offered sandwiches and drinks throught the trip. I don't think I would dive there again but if I did I would revisit this operation and maybe try different sites like a wreck.

Happy diving..

Visited January 2012
5 Thank HandymanMike

Redmond, Washington
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Great Diving with a GREAT Dive Master..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

our taxi driver and tour guide, Baldomero Gomez Mojica <baldo-work@hotmail.com>, took us to a local dive guide, who has been diving for many years.. the 'store front' is innocuous, however, the diving was fabulous and his knowledge of the area is incredible.. the best way to see the underwater world of Acapulco. In addition, the snorkeling master, taught our granddaughter to snorkel.. and now she is a huge fan.. which is saying someing since she went into it very trepiditious. I am not sure what all the negative press is about.. it is a great place to visit.. and definately one we will come back to..

Visited February 2012