“A standard anywhere”

Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla
Ranked #25 of 179 Hotels in Acapulco
“A standard anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

After abandoning my horrible experience at the Crowne Plaza, I booked a stay at the Holiday Inn. I didn't realize how far away it was, but I was so desperate to get away from the CP that I went for anything. Well, this was worth it. Wonderful staff, modern clean rooms tastefully decorated and a great restaurant attached. This is as good as it gets and one of my favorite hotels!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank wgliradio
ACALI2014, Manager at Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Mr. Wgliradio

Thank you very much for telling us your experience. In Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla, we are always worry that your stay is perfect. We appreciate your beautiful comments about us. Guests like you make us feel, that our work is worth it. Again thank you very much.
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel is modern, clean and located in the area of New Acapulco, off the hustle and bustle of the old town. The personnel was friendly and helpful, very polite. I would like to thank Mr Felippe Rico for his beautiful tips and excellent communication skills.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nikolas59
ACALI2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Nikolas59
Thanks so much for your comments, your feedback is so important for us. we hope you come back with us in your next stay in Acapulco.
Again thank you very much.
Regards, General Manager.
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

After 7 nights at The Mayan Palace on a timeshare, myself & 2 friends needed 2 addn. nights due to flight cancellation. Palace quoted us $600.00 per night! This hotel is 3 km/2 mi./5-7 min. from the airport & across the street and South of the Mayan Palace/Grand Mayan. We checked in with a kind, english speaking clerk getting one king room & one two queen room on the 1st floor. Each were $119.00 US per night. The hotel is a new, modern 4-story with a well-equipted, mid-size fitness room, small pool, kids pool, pool-side bar & lots of chaise lounges, tables and shade. Open 8 am to 9 pm. The pool area isn't like a resort, but neither is the price. It was clean and well-maintained. An on-site restaurant & bar is open 7 am to 11 pm and has patio seating available. Good food, reasonable prices, great service. A breakfast buffet is served from 7 am to noon. My dinner was $12.50 US with a nice tip. Bfast buffet was $15.50 US w/large tip. A beer at the pool was $2.70 US. Would give 5 stars if not for my room, the king with a sliding glass door to a balcony, table & chairs, being right above a house that hosted a Friday night back-yard dance party until 2:30 a.m. Very loud, poor sleep. Friends on other side of the hall/bldg. had no noise (and no balcony). We were told at check-in the place was at 42% occupancy so I planned to move accross the hall for the 2nd night. Didn't have to....I got a flight out on Sat. I would definetly return to this hotel only staying on the other side of the bldg. See room tips below.

Room Tip: Room # 110 very noisey with residential dance party next door. Go with a room on the other side of...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SmileQueen
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent new hotel, near to Acapulco airport, efficient shuttle and good food. Away from the hustle and bustle of the City.

Ideal place to relax post/pre-flight, suitable for weddings, banquets and business meetings.

The service and security is excellent. Front desk staff know what they are doing. The entire team at the Hotel was like a big family.

IHG platinum members' entitlements fully honoured.

Internet speed is fair.

The hotel is not cheap, but you pay here for the quality and equally excellent service.

The Hotel has a restaurant onsite. I've had the same dish three times ( local marinated steak) and it was excellent, because the meat was absolutely amazing.

The pool was not particularly busy with plenty of room to relax and swim.

I've tried a room which was some form of a suite (double bed and a sofa bed). The sofa bed turns into a very comfortable double bed. This room would be most suitable for couples with children or two couples.

I post a few photos here, so do enjoy the photos, this hotel and Acapulco!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Me and my family are staying here during the Manuel storm. The staff excellent, running the hotel with only 25 people. We are safe, with food, water, clean rooms. They make meetings to have all guest calm with the news updated. I don't have enough words to thank this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I am staying in this hotel as I type this. I'm here for one night only, and needed "a good room in a hotel with a pool". Somehow I ended up here. The pool is a miserable, dirty little joke. The internet connection is horrific. You have about a thousand options in Acapulco, do not waste your time here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
SusaEstrada, Sr Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Mr. Drew:
Thank you for taking the time to write down your comments while staying with us. We are very sorry to learn that some aspects did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with our internet service and pool facility. We have checked these matters immediately with the appropriate staff members.
We hope to have the opportunity very soon to replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.
Cordially,
Comitan, MX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

A good hotel near the airport in Acapulco. It is a new hotel and moderately priced. The restaurant is OK as far as hotel restaurants go. A good choice if you are there on business or just passing through. I will be staying there again this year.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business